DC Prediction and Sources Thread

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com

Tennessee: I have confirmed that Tennessee head coach Derek Dooley has not made any contact with Randy Shannon. Last night, an erroneous report surfaced on another site that Shannon had accepted the defensive corodinator job in Knoxville. Again, Dooley has made zero contact with Shannon at this point

This is rediculous!

black-cloud-and-silver-lining-kalen-malueg.jpg

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com

Tennessee: I have confirmed that Tennessee head coach Derek Dooley has not made any contact with Randy Shannon. Last night, an erroneous report surfaced on another site that Shannon had accepted the defensive corodinator job in Knoxville. Again, Dooley has made zero contact with Shannon at this point

Talking heads who won't report anything until Dooley spoon feeds it to them. Good in a way (I.e. Hymens and Chavis). But still wrong in this case.

Reactions: 2 people
Talking heads who won't report anything until Dooley spoon feeds it to them. Good in a way (I.e. Hymens and Chavis). But still wrong in this case.

Seeing this happen in all sorts of media wars, Misinformation sent, feeding of certain sources, misdirection and confusion intentionally done...and knowing that your story cleared up 95% of the above and continued....

I going all in with you on this one because it is a safe bet and Now the AD is at a point of No Return with the fanbase and certain outlets of the Media....

Thanks for the scoop and hold the ground....If this doesn't happen it will be because the lawyers screwed it up, but I think it was a done deal yesterday.......

Media is can be hard to control, but employee's are the hardest and like being appreciated...Board members gain power with this information....and we all know that

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"

My theory is that Shannon has been hired and that Hart and Dooley have told the media to keep their mouths shut until Monday when the Anouncement of Shannon's Hiring will be made official. Again that's Just my theory....

If the media knew anything, they would report it. All they care about is breaking the story first.

If Shannon had been hired and the UT AD didn't want the media to report it, they simply would issue denials.

Just pulled this from another thread...

Originally Posted by RustyVols77
This has most likely been posted somewhere else, but this came just before noon today from footballscoop.com's twitter account.

Coaches Happy Hour at the Convention. Monday @ 5. Unfortunately, Derek Dooley has regretted (something about having an announcement to make)

I wrote them and ask if that meant that UT had hired Shannon or not. They wrote back and said:

@RustyVol77 will be announced Monday

Sounds like he's in, but who knows

Why the regret?

Regret being able to attend the Coaches Happy Hour at the Convention. He will be telling everyone about is new DC. Didn't Dooley state he would not talk to the press until next week in his last press conference?

Regret being able to attend the Coaches Happy Hour at the Convention. He will be telling everyone about is new DC. Didn't Dooley state he would not talk to the press until next week in his last press conference?

That's what I took it to mean. They said the same thing about Miles sending regrets because he was coaching that night and obviously wouldn't make happy hour.

Great thread idea .. This will be referenced for a eons!
Op .. Are the predictions listed in the order they were announced .. Like to know who was first and what day and time they changed their mind.. B

Last edited:

VN Store

Back