DC Prediction and Sources Thread

Nashville isn't much better:

Brent Dougherty @brentdougherty:
Still not hearing Shannon.

If they are so well connected, who is it going to be?????? Exactly, they are just ticked off because they can't "break" the news. Dougherty has sat beside Travis too long. He is starting to rub off on him.

I feel like these members of the media are in the dark, OR they've been told and been given specific instruction to not leak any news until Monday...I find it hard for the later to be true because if I were them, I'd shout it from the rooftops.

If they are so well connected, who is it going to be?????? Exactly, they are just ticked off because they can't "break" the news. Dougherty has sat beside Travis too long. He is starting to rub off on him.

His source is probably John Brice, who just yesterday said on Brent's show that contact with Shannon had not even been made.

My theory is that Shannon has been hired and that Hart and Dooley have told the media to keep their mouths shut until Monday when the Anouncement of Shannon's Hiring will be made official. Again that's Just my theory....

His source is probably John Brice, who just yesterday said on Brent's show that contact with Shannon had not even been made.

Here's how it will sound like on the 3HL when it goes down:

Brent: This just in, UT hires Shannon as next DC.

Clay: Really, now let's talk about Franklin dressing as Buzz Light year for Halloween.

Blaine Bishop: I'm lucky to be here, BB out!

Reactions: 1 person
Here's how it will sound like on the 3HL when it goes down:

Brent: This just in, UT hires Shannon as next DC.

Clay: Really, now let's talk about Franklin dressing as Buzz Light year for Halloween.

Blaine Bishop: I'm lucky to be here, BB out!

Clay will talk for two hours about how it's a shame that such a good DC will sink right along with the SS Dooley.

You're reading way too much into it. Easy to do, I know. But Steele is not going to be part of the staff.

My comment was essentially confirming the info I reported days ago.

It will be "official" today or Monday. But for all intents and purposes, it's been official since I posted the info I was given.

Thanks for ALL of the info, DocVol!! Didn't mean to read too much into it. Gr8 news for Volnation! Can't wait for it to be official so I can breathe a sigh of relief w/ this hire and w/ our recruiting class.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Clay will talk for two hours about how it's a shame that such a good DC will sink right along with the SS Dooley.

Clay will talk about hiring a coach from a dirty program, all the while ignoring the fact that he wants Carroll or Tressel as coach.

I love the way we are handling it by not talking about it and creating a huge buzz (if we do have a DC)
I know the buzz is mostly in Tennessee but my point is that it is creating conversation

Seems like some of the recruits already know that we have a DC. None have looked around due to the fact we lost DC and LB coach. Such as Santos, we did lose Crawley but that was due to grades. Don't think we would tell a LB to look around when we didn't have a LB coach or DC. Just my 2 cents. Who knows.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday afternoon.

VN Store

Back