Dave Lawson "officially relieved of his duties"

Now we need CZA, Catbone and D4H relieved.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
These exerpts are from an article written days before the North Texas game.

"Tennessee (5-4) is outscoring opponents 192-98 in the first half.
They are only outscoring teams 124-120 after halftime, and have been outscored 65-41 in the fourth quarter and overtime."

Some of that was conservative play calling at times and some from blown 4th downs on D. But that still doesn't paint a flattering picture of our teams conditioning.

Reactions: 2 people

They are only outscoring teams 124-120 after halftime, and have been outscored 65-41 in the fourth quarter and overtime."

Some of that was conservative play calling at times and some from blown 4th downs on D. But that still doesn't paint a flattering picture of our teams conditioning.

Or depth

Reactions: 9 people

Our second half losses were due to ultra-conservative play-calling and a very ineffective offense, which led to loss of momentum and then loss of game. Conditioning had zero to do with the defeats, IMO. This is college football: anybody thinks you can score zero-10 points in the second half--have a long succession of three and outs that keep the defense on the field-- and beat good teams is delusional. What's more, team conditioning is ultimately the responsibility of the head coach and the rest of the coaching staff. Who knows why this guy got sacked--but I think it's easy to scapegoat the S&C guy.

Reactions: 5 people
Very sad. Dave is a friend, and a great man, and I am sad to see him let go. I know he will land somewhere great. Just sad to remember it's a business.

Strength, good. Conditioning, plagued with injuries. That's my guess if true.

I posted many months ago that I thought all the shoulder injuries was due to this part of the Vols training.their is no reason for the amount of injuries as vols have had especially non contact injuries..
The spell check on this phone is killing me I try to type Vols and it changes to cols or vole or volts crazy .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I posted many months ago that I though all the shoulder injuries was due to this part of the Volts trakning.their is no reason for the amount of injuries as vole have had especially non contact injuries

Are you sure? :huh:

He has been with Butch a while and I thought he did a good job. Would love to know the inside scoop. Nothing against Johnny Long but he's not the answer.

VN Store

Back