Darnell Wright: just don't give up on us

No matter what is expressed here or elsewhere we should always support the players. They are the heart of the program. Coaches come and go, these guys will be around this program the rest of their lives.

Serious question. Have seen similar tweets from other players. Are the players making these tweets or is someone in PR doing these?

Just thought it was worth posting. They're still young men playing a game as hard as they can. Makes me a little sad to think they believe we would give up

Honestly the players shouldn't apologize, it's not their fault the coaching has been bad. If anything the fans are giving up on the coaches.

Reactions: JazzMaster001
Honestly the players shouldn't apologize, it's not their fault the coaching has been bad. If anything the fans are giving up on the coaches.
I'm curious how us fans balance the support scale?

Or maybe, some of these young guns got a huge shot of confidence by going toe to toe with Georgia for a half and even though the score got away from them and Georgia throttled them, I saw young guys like Wright, Henry T. And Morris, still fighting, still scrapping and still taking it to the dawgs, late in the game. Maybe these young kids took a step in the right direction on Saturday and maybe we witnessed a changing of the guard on Saturday, in that the old regime(cancer) players took a back seat and these young guys stepped up and took control of this team and are ready to start fighting for The BIG ORANGE! Maybe these young guys stepped up and said to themselves, this is my team and I’m tired of losing. I saw a blip of life out of this program on Saturday, I saw fight from a bunch of young guys who were very out manned, I saw guys that never quit and that gives me hope for this program, going forward. Call me a sunshine pumper, an optimist, I don’t care, because I call myself a VOL, and come Saturday, Mississippi state shouldn’t be able to hear themselves think when they take the field at OUR Neyland Stadium! Look, I’m not pretending to turn a blind eye to the state of this program, but I completely expected this team to quit and lay down the rest of the way. Instead they punched Georgia in the mouth in the 1st round and now players are tweeting for us not to give up on them. That’s encouraging to me.
GBO!!

Preach it brother....that's what I saw as well

Reactions: GBOx2 and Ratvol
We get discouraged at times, but we don’t/won’t give up on you. Don’t give up on us either.

Reactions: 007Racer

Just freaking stop it already. Stop giving the players a pass. What did we see against UGA? We saw much better execution. Why is that? It’s largely due to the players executing better.

Great tweet.

Now, because no one has done it and it needs to be done:

Last edited:
We aren't giving up on them. I was pleased and impressed how the crowd was into the game. TN fans to me, are the best. Someone who has social media should let this young man know we appreciate all the hard work from the players and the coaches. Go Vols
Tennessee fans are also some of the most stupid. The worst the program is the more the fan support them. They really like losing coaches and they really like losing teams. It's why Tennessee will always be bottom dwellers from now on. The majority of fans did not expect greatness they accept mediocrity and worse.

Just freaking stop it already. Stop giving the players a pass. What did we see against UGA? We saw much better execution. Why is that? It’s largely due to the players executing better.
Well well here comes the coach worshippers out in full force. Yes the players do bear some responsibility. But these coaches are making millions of dollars. And they can't even be competitive against anybody in the conference and barely competitive against division 2 competition

Tennessee fans are also some of the most stupid. The worst the program is the more the fan support them. They really like losing coaches and they really like losing teams. It's why Tennessee will always be bottom dwellers from now on. The majority of fans did not expect greatness they accept mediocrity and worse.
See yourself out.

Serious question. Have seen similar tweets from other players. Are the players making these tweets or is someone in PR doing these?
Get out of here with that crap. If you don't think current players or recruits come to this website you are an idiot. That is part of what pisses me off with the team sucks and the coach needs to be fired comments. Pruitt doesn't care what is said about him on here. But, a 19 year old kid or a future recruit sure will. This website has turned toxic toward the players and staff.

Reactions: Lurker

You've got that right.

Sorry I don't support losing like you do. I'm in the minority though I admit. It is a sin for you coach worshippers if somebody doesn't golf clap every time they lose by 30 points. See yourself out!
Define "Coach Worshipper". Please.

You need to make up your mind, either people criticize the players too much, or we give them a pass. So which is it?

I've stated before if a player isn't pulling his weight or just isn't buying then he needs to be sat. I've also said I'd rather lose with a team of freshman giving it their all then with a team of quitters.

So no I'm not giving them pass, but the coaching hasn't helped them either. Defense is still lining up wrong and looks confused, which is a bad look halfway into the season. They can't seem to pick 5 oline guys and stick with them. They stuck with a QB who wasn't producing anything for 4 games too long. They appear to have not taken the time during the off season to prepare either freshman QB in case their starter goes down.

The coaching decisions have made us all scratch our heads and ask wtf is going on. So no the players don't need to apologize. Do they need to do better? Yes. Do I think coaching isn't helping them any? Yes.

It all falls back to coaching in the end.

Serious response. How negative can you be? It must be a struggle just to get through a day with that 'tude. Everything isn't fake and everything isn't a conspiracy. Give these kids some credit and realize that they are reading this bs negativism. This team is doing its best to improve and it is obvious (if you look rather than simply *itch that the "wrong" coach is here) that the team is moving in the right direction with an inexperienced head coach and a bunch of very talented, but also inexperienced, players. For the first time in a long time there is evidence of improvement rather than just a hope for improvement. Pruitt may not be the second coming of Lombardi, but this team is progressing and should get credit for its (and his) effort. Toughen up buttercups and get off the negative cliche wagon. GBO!

Reactions: LosersWithSocks
Our idiot fans that act like children...

With "great" slogans like Empty Neyland, they are like the Anti-Butch Jones.

Miserable turds.

It really isn't all the "fans." The "Empty Neyland" crowd believes improvement is simply a question of money (the Chicago school of football advancement). Withhold income from UT by starving the team for attending fans and, miraculously, it will instantly be all orange blossoms and sunshine.

I think they are really a relatively small group of exceptionally frustrated, exceptionally impatient and frequent posters. I've been around for a long time. Neyland will NEVER be empty, win or lose, as long as the team works as hard as this one appears to be working. Every big time program has gone through both peaks and valleys. UT is no different. Many frequent posters today just don't know (or don't care to remember) that the current "winning programs" like Clemson, Alabama, Florida, Notre Dame and Ohio State all sucked in very recent times or that schools like Nebraska, UCLA, Southern Cal and Miami were as good as it gets, also in recent times.

You millennials get off my lawn! ;) GBO!

Reactions: GBOx2
It really isn't all the "fans." The "Empty Neyland" crowd believes improvement is simply a question of money (the Chicago school of football advancement). Withhold income from UT by starving the team for attending fans and, miraculously, it will instantly be all orange blossoms and sunshine.

I think they are really a relatively small group of exceptionally frustrated, exceptionally impatient and frequent posters. I've been around for a long time. Neyland will NEVER be empty, win or lose, as long as the team works as hard as this one appears to be working. Every big time program has gone through both peaks and valleys. UT is no different. Many frequent posters today just don't know (or don't care to remember) that the current "winning programs" like Clemson, Alabama, Florida, Notre Dame and Ohio State all sucked in very recent times or that schools like Nebraska, UCLA, Southern Cal and Miami were as good as it gets, also in recent times.

You millennials get off my lawn! ;) GBO!

You'd think that after they campaigned for an empty Neyland and 90k showed up to watch dead man walking Butch Jones coach Southern Miss they'd figure out their not exactly Jimmy Hoffa when it comes to organizing.

Reactions: Lurker

VN Store

Back