Darnell Wright: just don't give up on us

They’re opinions. You have yours, and I have mine. There is no reason for me to believe I can change your mind, so why should I waste my time trying? You are welcome to waste yours trying to change my mind, however.
No but most opinions are based on something. I'm just curious what makes people tick. What do they see in this guy unless they just think he's cute or something LOL. I just don't see any evidence on the field. I just see people saying we have to give him 5 years. But nobody can give any concrete reasons why

You make some good points however I just doing see Pruitt being the right guy to fix this mess. We should have hired someone who had experience at this level. We were too far down to hire a guy who has to learn in the job.Players have to execute but it's the coaches responsibility to hold them accountable and put them in a position to succeed. You see it all the time where players underachieve under one coach and then another coach comes in and Things Are entirely different.

And the decision to hire Pruitt was made by a man with over 30 years of FB experience, a few SEC crowns on his head both as a player and as a coach, and one NC in his pocket.

I'll trust him over your opinion any and every day of the week.

And the decision to hire Pruitt was made by a man with over 30 years of FB experience, a few SEC crowns on his head both as a player and as a coach, and one NC in his pocket.

I'll trust him over your opinion any and every day of the week.
I don't trust him. He's part of the problem. He threw Randy Sanders under the bus. He stabbed Johnny Majors in the back. So far this hire has proved to be a disaster. This could be the worst football season in Tennessee History and isn't it coincidental that it's the first year that Fulmer is in charge. It's his hire. Once again we have to take emotions out of things and look at the facts which is very hard for a lot of people to do. Anybody would tell you that the talent that He had when he was coach was so far ahead of about anybody else in the conference he should have won three or four national championships and possibly five or six sec championships. He had Peyton Manning and lost to Memphis with the guy. He's not this big savior.

No but most opinions are based on something. I'm just curious what makes people tick. What do they see in this guy unless they just think he's cute or something LOL. I just don't see any evidence on the field. I just see people saying we have to give him 5 years. But nobody can give any concrete reasons why
Is your job at the pharmaceutical company to product test?

Is your job at the pharmaceutical company to product test?
I'm trying to be a gentleman because I know you're a lady but you're playing the card right now that you know that I won't come back at you. You accept losing I don't let's just end the conversation. You like Pruitt I don't and I will be proven right and you won't. The numbers will not lie the victories will not come just because you think they will. Your smirky attitude will not bring any more success to the football program.

So I saw something against UGA that, IMO, this team has lacked since the Kentucky game last year:

Grit and fight.

The staff has their work cut out for them exorcising not only negative influences from the locker room, but also a losers mentality infesting the team. Having a core group of players like Morris/Wright/Maurer that the team can rally around is critical. I think these players know how ... uninspiring... their performance has been over the last 3 years.

If IF this team keeps fighting they'll turn the corner and the fans won't quit. But fans who see a team quit on them will eventually stop showing up we were getting perilously close to that tipping point after the Mizzou/Vandy implosion last year followed by the, well, we all know the start we had to this year.

Honestly it's a testament to this fanbase that we even got 65k fans (assuming a 25-30% UGA fan mix in there) for this game. There are very few fanbases in the country with a die-hard loyalty like that... even if we do constantly go at each others throats and revoke TRUE FAN™ status.

I'm trying to be a gentleman because I know you're a lady but you're playing the card right now that you know that I won't come back at you. You accept losing I don't let's just end the conversation. You like Pruitt I don't and I will be proven right and you won't. The numbers will not lie the victories will not come just because you think they will. Your smirky attitude will not bring any more success to the football program.
You don't know anything at all about me.

I think this is the last time I'm going to post something like this but just because someone doesn't believe in the coaching staff doesn't make them less intelligent than you, nor does it mean they're on drugs or crazy.

If I'm wrong about Pruitt, I'll admit it if that time ever comes. I'd be willing to bet that I'm never going to have to eat my words on this particular subject.

You don't know anything at all about me.
From what I can ascertain it's pretty certain that you like Pruitt and the state of the program right now. I'm not happy with the way things are right now and that's where we differ. Outside of this discussion we may agree on everything else. Who knows?

From what I can ascertain it's pretty certain that you like Pruitt and the state of the program right now. I'm not happy with the way things are right now and that's where we differ. Outside of this discussion we may agree on everything else. Who knows?
Just stop.

I work for a very successful pharmaceutical company. And I didn't get where I got in life by accepting mediocrity and setting low standards.
you might want to lay off the samples.....
no need to be so combative here...
all opinions matter it's just how you state them that makes you seem so negative and a troll...
GBO
WIN OUT and GO BOWLING

Just stop.
As a staff member you should realize that this is a message board and that everybody is going to have their own opinion. I know you don't value my opinion and that's fine. And as far as you asking me to stop I have said let this conversation be over and you keep coming back with another comment.

you might want to lay off the samples.....
no need to be so combative here...
all opinions matter it's just how you state them that makes you seem so negative and a troll...
GBO
WIN OUT and GO BOWLING
I'm not combative. I'm just tired of losing. I'm tired of people accepting it. I don't know what your definition of a troll is. I will say I have spent thousands of dollars on UT merchandise, attending games oh, hell if you cut me I would probably bleed Orange. That's why I care so much. It just bothers me that some people don't care.

I'm not combative. I'm just tired of losing. I'm tired of people accepting it. I don't know what your definition of a troll is. I will say I have spent thousands of dollars on UT merchandise, attending games oh, hell if you cut me I would probably bleed Orange. That's why I care so much. It just bothers me that some people don't care.
You ve spent thousands of dollars on UT but yet your tired of people accepting losing?

You ve spent thousands of dollars on UT but yet your tired of people accepting losing?
The key word is I have. Not currently. It's like having children you want what's best for them. If they have a bad teacher you want to get them in another class where they can flourish. I feel like this Alabama jerk that we have as a coach is doing a disservice to our players. I think he's setting the program back probably for decades and yes it gets me riled up. Our fans seem to be blinded by his Charisma LOL which I didn't think he had any

Wait, what?

haven't given up on our Vols...never will...just too stupid I guess...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MISS ST!

One thing I don't understand is all the fans love for this guy. He does not love the fans back. That's what amazes me. He is the most fan unfriendly coach in the history of the program. He called out the fans in the spring game when he first came. He did not want to do the Caravan and go out and meet the fans across the state. His first season on Vol calls was a mitigated disaster. Fans would say hey coach glad to have you here welcome to Rocky Top and there would be dead silence on the radio. No "I thank you for your comment "or "I'm happy to be here". Bob kesling would actually have to prod the caller to go on with his question to end the silence.

I respect the players, but I generally ignore the Rah Rah types on these boards. Those of us without a death wish withdrew our emotional investment from this dumpster fire years ago. The program isn't worth the heartburn.

One thing I don't understand is all the fans love for this guy. He does not love the fans back. That's what amazes me. He is the most fan unfriendly coach in the history of the program. He called out the fans in the spring game when he first came. He did not want to do the Caravan and go out and meet the fans across the state. His first season on Vol calls was a mitigated disaster. Fans would say hey coach glad to have you here welcome to Rocky Top and there would be dead silence on the radio. No "I thank you for your comment "or "I'm happy to be here". Bob kesling would actually have to prod the caller to go on with his question to end the silence.
Sounds like he hurt your feelers more than its about wins and losses. Lol.

I’m not in the “give him 5 years” crowd. I’m in the “it’s too damn early to say he won’t get
it done” crowd.

I respect the players, but I generally ignore the Rah Rah types on these boards. Those of us without a death wish withdrew our emotional investment from this dumpster fire years ago. The program isn't worth the heartburn.
I wish it was easy for me to stop caring. But I've been a fan for over 40 years and it's hard to see it getting to this shape of disrepair.

I've been around this board for a long time and remember specific names of people that were always unquestionably loyal to and stuck up for Dooley and Jones... far past the point of any analysis and reflection of their own diatribes and hyper-aggressive and usually completely misplaced posits.

Many of those people still post and all of those people who are still around have not changed. It's a hard task for them to accept and separate criticism of an under-performing staff from criticism of UT the institution, the players and seemingly themselves.

Point is: this staff is under-performing. This team is under-performing. We should be 3-2, not 1-4. No matter how much Mental Twister you play, you can't lay that on the fans. I think it's still to early to definitively say "FAHR PRUITT" but good lord criticism is completely fair and valid here. Until we turn the corner, we haven't changed since Dooley.

Reactions: TN Outlaw
The key word is I have. Not currently. It's like having children you want what's best for them. If they have a bad teacher you want to get them in another class where they can flourish. I feel like this Alabama jerk that we have as a coach is doing a disservice to our players. I think he's setting the program back probably for decades and yes it gets me riled up. Our fans seem to be blinded by his Charisma LOL which I didn't think he had any

Well that's good I suppose.

Maybe those players all of which could have transferred out or never signed up for Pruitt will quit on him and leave since this is obvious. That would go a long way for the cause.

I think the fans realize the "set back" started just shortly after Pruitt left Hoover HS for UA. And since then UT has been driving the train off a cliff with poor decisions.

Maybe if Pruitt gets fired you can take what you were spending previously and get the attention required to get it fixed. Id personally go by lotto tickets and hope.

VN Store

Back