Darnell Wright: just don't give up on us

1-4 and I think I’m behind them more than I’ve been in 3 years. Guess I just have confidence that Tennessee has a QB now. Can’t wait to here Ainge tell us how bad Maurer was.

Last edited:
People keep saying that Neyland will be empty every week if we keep losing. Didn’t look or sound very empty yesterday. I will be in attendance for the Miss St game. First time in 10+ years I’m able to attend a game. I still support and cheer for the Tennessee Volunteers. I don’t expect that to change any time soon.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
1-4 and I think I’m behind them more than I’ve been in 3 years. Guess I just have confidence that Tennessee has a QB now. Can’t wait to here Ainge tell us how bad Maurer was.
I don’t think Ainge has actually had bad takes on Maurer, even though he has been the biggest JG homer around. Heather and Will West on the other hand have been real negative on the kid. It will be interesting to see what they say this week.

Reactions: CBR07
About 10-15 of the players posted similar post this and they seem a little scripted for the fans

I am glad to hear from the players. Personally, I wanted to see the improvement which they showed in the Georgia game. I know they are not stacked as deep as they need to be, but I truly believe these guys can stay focused and win some games.

Notice its the young guys saying these things and playing better than the upperclassmen? Maurer and Wright are FR and they are already apologizing like they were SRs on a team who was supposed to compete for a champ while upperclasmen are leaving left and right.

Reactions: joevol33
Just thought it was worth posting. They're still young men playing a game as hard as they can. Makes me a little sad to think they believe we would give up

I'll never give up on my Vols. I might weep, and weep bitterly. Bow my head in despair, grovel in ashes and morbid disappointment. But when our guys roll out there in their orange and white, I'll arise from my ass and yell GO VOLS! at the top of my lungs. And believe even if we're playing the Packers or the Patriots, we can and will somehow win.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLifornia
People keep saying that Neyland will be empty every week if we keep losing. Didn’t look or sound very empty yesterday. I will be in attendance for the Miss St game. First time in 10+ years I’m able to attend a game. I still support and cheer for the Tennessee Volunteers. I don’t expect that to change any time soon.
I can't remember the last time I was in Neyland it's been so long. I'll also be there for several games to close out this season. Hoping our game with USCe will be at night. No better atmosphere on earth than Neyland on a Sat. nite imo. Have fun......GBO !!!

Reactions: VolinMichigan
We aren't giving up on them. I was pleased and impressed how the crowd was into the game. TN fans to me, are the best. Someone who has social media should let this young man know we appreciate all the hard work from the players and the coaches. Go Vols
Except when they boo JG coming in the game with a bus full of recruits for both football and basketball....those fans are classless

About 10-15 of the players posted similar post this and they seem a little scripted for the fans
Or maybe, some of these young guns got a huge shot of confidence by going toe to toe with Georgia for a half and even though the score got away from them and Georgia throttled them, I saw young guys like Wright, Henry T. And Morris, still fighting, still scrapping and still taking it to the dawgs, late in the game. Maybe these young kids took a step in the right direction on Saturday and maybe we witnessed a changing of the guard on Saturday, in that the old regime(cancer) players took a back seat and these young guys stepped up and took control of this team and are ready to start fighting for The BIG ORANGE! Maybe these young guys stepped up and said to themselves, this is my team and I’m tired of losing. I saw a blip of life out of this program on Saturday, I saw fight from a bunch of young guys who were very out manned, I saw guys that never quit and that gives me hope for this program, going forward. Call me a sunshine pumper, an optimist, I don’t care, because I call myself a VOL, and come Saturday, Mississippi state shouldn’t be able to hear themselves think when they take the field at OUR Neyland Stadium! Look, I’m not pretending to turn a blind eye to the state of this program, but I completely expected this team to quit and lay down the rest of the way. Instead they punched Georgia in the mouth in the 1st round and now players are tweeting for us not to give up on them. That’s encouraging to me.
GBO!!

I am there every game, I cheer, I grown and shovel a smoky dog in during a playbreak.......plus I sat about 20 feet from Peyton at the GA game........

VN Store

Back