Daredevil - Netflix

Made it to the final episode without realizing I've seen Kingpin in a bunch of other stuff (Full Metal Jacket, Adventures in Babysitting, Law & Order). He got huge.

Just saying, sometimes I like a struggle and sometimes I don't.

IIRC the same stuff that blinded DD also created the TMNT. So what's more absurd, a blind vigilante or talking kung-fu turtles?

TMNT makes more sense than a blind vigilante. Again, this is the comic book world.

First you insult Grodd now Daredevil?!?

You're officially dead to me.

For what it's worth his radar sense gives him 360 degree "vision".

Hahaha. Don't kill me yet burnt!

I haven't read the comic or seen the show obviously but just the idea is silly to me.

But a guy who shoots lasers out of his eyes unless he's wearing special ruby glasses doesn't strain credulity with you?

There's a lot of science that backs up the notion that a blind person's other senses become far more sensitive. I'm not aware of any science to suggest Scott Somers' mutation is possible.

X-Men's Cyclops despite shooting laser beams can still see so I can allow it leeway.

I fully believe that a blind person's other senses are heightened and I've even seen blind humans utilize echolocation. I just don't think a blind individual could extend themselves into being something as physically demanding as being a vigilante.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFRkAYb1uk[/youtube]

Yeah, I don't get the critique of his hyper-senses as unrealistic. They build a world in which this is possible, because it's a comic. The stuff that bugs me is what can't be explained by the fact that it's a comic...like WTF is everyone bi-lingual/tri-lingual? How can everyone be on Kingpin's payroll and nobody's ever heard of him? Etc. Just get over it and move on is the best policy.

Yeah, I don't get the critique of his hyper-senses as unrealistic. They build a world in which this is possible, because it's a comic. The stuff that bugs me is what can't be explained by the fact that it's a comic...like WTF is everyone bi-lingual/tri-lingual? How can everyone be on Kingpin's payroll and nobody's ever heard of him? Etc. Just get over it and move on is the best policy.

Well it is New York and the chances of people being bi-lingual are pretty high but I get what you are saying. And Spanish is a pretty common second language (or first) for people.
(on a side note it has always bothered me that Wolverine knows pretty much and language the story necessitates in the comics).

And yeah, DD is one of the first down to earth superheroes. His powers make more sense than Spider-Man who sticks to walls even while wearing gloves and socks. Or Hulk turns huge and green then back again back again with no stretch marks.

---

I just finished the 4th episode and I wasn't expecting the level of brutality at end. Holy cow. Even the first part in the Russian prison. was a little ghoulish.

And your cutoff is huge talking monkeys and blind vigilantes and not kung-fu turtles? Well alright then. Lol

Oh come on! I'm not knocking talking apes in general, I was a fan of The Planet of The Apes series. I realize it's in The Flash comic series but in the context of the current show on the CW it just seems like such a strange angle to me. It's almost like it doesn't really fit into the show. Think about it just for a minute. Put yourself in my shoes as someone who never read the Flash comics and has only seen a portion of the original tv series in the 90's and then the new one on the CW. I don't remember Grodd being in the 90's series but that was 24+ years ago. All of a sudden you're introduced to a giant, genius, talking ape. I mean WTF?!

With TMNT you weren't surprised by anything because you knew what to expect up front with the previews.

VN Store

Back