Daca

I can't believe I'm taking LG's bait on this. But...

DACA is piss poor administration. It introduces ambiguity into a clear situation. These people are here illegally. Period. But hey it's not their fault so let's introduce the equivalent of an open ended presidential pardon sweeping across case boundaries and totally invalidate the immigration laws already being ignored.

Revoking DACA is common sense. Adding a grace period to tell Congress if you really give a damn about this then get off your duffs and update the actual laws is the perfect message.

It should have been done earlier. Either enforce our immigration laws or vacate them from the books. But FFS don't add a dead end side path that purposely adds ambiguity (DACA provides no actual reconciliation to legal immigration, permanent residency, or actual citizenship) to an already bad situation!!!

Reactions: 1 person

DACA is piss poor administration. It introduces ambiguity into a clear situation. These people are here illegally. Period. But hey it's not their fault so let's introduce the equivalent of an open ended presidential pardon sweeping across case boundaries and totally invalidate the immigration laws already being ignored.

Revoking DACA is common sense. Adding a grace period to tell Congress if you really give a damn about this then get off your duffs and update the actual laws is the perfect message.

It should have been done earlier. Either enforce our immigration laws or vacate them from the books. But FFS don't add a dead end side path that purposely adds ambiguity (DACA provides no actual reconciliation to legal immigration, permanent residency, or actual citizenship) to an already bad situation!!!

Yes! Send these worthless kids but to where they came from! BLUE FONT.

Yes! Send these worthless kids back to where they came from! BLUE FONT.

Yes! Send these worthless kids but to where they came from! BLUE FONT.

Now you're just rationalizing piss poor politics. I didn't say don't try to reconcile the situation. Did you read the part about forcing Congress to do their damn job? I said revoke DACA. It's an abomination (Obama-nation?) and never should have been enacted.

Reactions: 2 people
Now you're just rationalizing piss poor politics. I didn't say don't try to reconcile the situation. Did you read the part about forcing Congress to do their damn job? I said revoke DACA. It's an abomination (Obama-nation?) and never should have been enacted.

So screw the kids that came here with their parents and trying to succeed? Send them all back?

Not to mention unconstitutional

So screw the kids that came here with their parents and trying to succeed? Send them all back?

Don't ask me ask Congress. They are the ones responsible for generating the laws of our nation. Revoke DACA and force them to do it. This is why Ryan is imploring Trump not to revoke DACA and provide a grace period because he knows Congress will be unable to act. And that is their J O B

Revoking DACA is 100% correct. Feel sorry for the dreamers! So hopefully our elected officials will get off their useless butts and act to help them right? You want them to have an actual path to resolution of their situation don't you? You sound passionate about this so obviously you are against DACA also since it fixes absolutely nothing!

Still waiting for someone to show me the proposed immigration/DACA bill that the Dems have put forward.

Still waiting for someone to show me the proposed immigration/DACA bill that the Dems have put forward.

I think it's called the Bridge Act. Unsurprisingly, Lindsey Graham, Lisa Murkowski, and Jeff Flake are co-sponsors...

I think it's called the Bridge Act. Unsurprisingly, Lindsey Graham, Lisa Murkowski, and Jeff Flake are co-sponsors...

So far as I can tell that's an R-created bill.

I'm fine with DACA as a program - just pointing out that while the Dems claim to be all about illegal immigrants they rarely (never?) put it down on paper. Kinda like avoiding a budget for 3 years; if you don't put it on paper, you can hide your positions from voters.

Good. Dream of American citizenship while you go through the legal process in your own country.

Smh I wish some of you people could see things through their perspective. America is the only country they know. Brought over here by their parents and had no choice, but to follow their parents.

Since when do we start charging children for crimes that their parents did?

Smh I wish some of you people could see things through their perspective. America is the only country they know. Brought over here by their parents and had no choice, but to follow their parents.

In about six months

Then get in touch with your congressman and tell him/her/it to get the law fixed.

Not to mention unconstitutional

DACA is not unconstitutional.

Trump trotted out Sessions to lie because Trump is spineless. For someone who campaigned on being an outsider, Trump is the worst kind of politician - he's doing it simply to appease his dwindling base.

Reactions: 1 person

Trump trotted out Sessions to lie because Trump is spineless. For someone who campaigned on being an outsider, Trump is the worst kind of politician - he's doing it simply to appease his dwindling base.

"Liked"

Spineless? LOL

What did he lie about?

VN Store

Back