Daca

I know one of the attorneys handling the CA case. Was working 300 hours/month on this puppy. Very proud of what they've accomplished.

Tell him congrats! If I’m understanding the decision correctly, renewal applications can still be sent in and the March 5 deadline is essentially gone?

I still think it was ridiculous for the 9th US CCA to stick their nose in this in the first place. I don’t remember any recourse when Obama shoved it down everybodies throats? And now we want a damn legal debate in it?

And with regard to SCOTUS saying “Not it!” on it with no explanation tells me they don’t have jurisdiction they think... you know just like 9th US CCA didn’t in the first damn place.

But these people need a resolution on their status. It really isn’t fair to leave them in limbo. And that is exactly what DACA does.

I still think it was ridiculous for the 9th US CCA to stick their nose in this in the first place. I don’t remember any recourse when Obama shoved it down everybodies throats? And now we want a damn legal debate in it?

And with regard to SCOTUS saying “Not it!” on it with no explanation tells me they don’t have jurisdiction they think... you know just like 9th US CCA didn’t in the first damn place.

But these people need a resolution on their status. It really isn’t fair to leave them in limbo. And that is exactly what DACA does.
SCOTUS very rarely "jumps the gun." Their preference (and tradition) is to let cases proceed through appellate until it's their turn. Their decision just said let the process continue.

Reactions: 1 person
SCOTUS very rarely "jumps the gun." Their preference (and tradition) is to let cases proceed through appellate until it's their turn. Their decision just said let the process continue.

I know and agree. I was more *****ing about 9th US CCA and the history there. No agenda there!!

Reactions: 1 person
There's a slippery slope the court just poured Astro Glide on. Awesome.

Would be great if the court found that their Astro Glide is highly flammable, toxic, and they are responsible for damages.

The law is fkd and something like 73% of Americans approve of dreamers having legal status, so this is the will of the people overcoming DC BS.
Good point.
Who needs law and order? Let’s just send out online polls and govern based on the results.

We have turned into a Banana Republic. The community organizer that rammed this crap down our throat in his attempt to “fundamentally transform America” is mostly to blame.

Good point.
Who needs law and order? Let’s just send out online polls and govern based on the results.

We have turned into a Banana Republic. The community organizer that rammed this crap down our throat in his attempt to “fundamentally transform America” is mostly to blame.
It's rejecting bad govt. Similar to them turning their back on fed pot laws

Good point.

Our government is already totally ****ed with screwy laws across the board and I'm not going to shed one tear for screwy laws that result in good.

You can blame Obama all you want, but our government has been a total joke for longer than I've been alive. Might as well start with Gibbons vs. Ogden in 1824 broadly defining the interstate commerce clause.

Our government is already totally ****ed with screwy laws across the board and I'm not going to shed one tear for screwy laws that result in good.

You can blame Obama all you want, but our government has been a total joke for longer than I've been alive. Might as well start with Gibbons vs. Ogden in 1824 broadly defining the interstate commerce clause.

But laws are good when it comes to "legal" immigration?

VN Store

Back