D4H's 2017 Tennessee Vols Predictions

Need to get a bunch of these guys! We are turning in a poor mans Georgia with recruits!

D4H, don't get your hopes up about the '19 class. Many are from Memphis, and it's unlikely we land a significant number of Memphis kids. 2 or 3....maybe. 6 or 7...not a chance. The Memphis kids have closer options and feel very little connection to Knoxville. They will likely end up at Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, etc.

Memphs has about 4 SEC caliber players. And those players come from the outer surroundings of Memphis.

Not really. A couple are in Memphis. But the majority are middle Tennessee kids. According to the ESPN 300, only 5 of the top 16 instate prospects are from Memphis.

Stop being so pessimistic and making it sound like all the top rated kids are in Memphis. The truth is most are in the mid-state.

We can and should sign most of these kids in 2019.

I didn't say all, I said a lot. 1 Memphis kid is already an LSU commit. TN is definitely producing a lot of blue chip talent compared to the past, but if you don't think Memphis has a lot of the highly rated kids, you're not being realistic. The Vols should stay focused on Middle TN and ATL area. If we do well in those two markets and pull 1 or 2 of the West TN kids we'll have a top 10 class every year. Does that sound pessimistic to you?

According to the 247 Composite, 7 of the 20 4-stars are from Memphis. That's pretty significant.

Good thing we've been recruiting well in Memphis/West Tennessee lately.

Its not like we didn't land the last 2 5-stars out of that area (Drew Richmond and Trey Smith).

Get Trey Knox

Please

He'll be a top 10 player nationally IMO. We definitely have to land him. And I think we will.

He'll be the reverse Tee Higgins. The highly rated instate WR that looks to be heading out of state early on before signing with Tennessee in the end.

I think it's a great class, problem is a lot of them are from Memphis and all will likely be incredibly tough pulls.

My Current Top 5:
1. WR Knox
2. DE Anderson
3. WR Wilhoite,
4. DE Gregory
5. DE Izuchuckwu

Most Underrated right now:
1A. OL Jaalon Gupton
1B. DE Joe Honeysucker

The moment you've all been waiting for. Here are my OFFICIAL predictions for the incredible season to come.

2017 Regular Season
Sept 4 vs Georgia Tech: 38-7 WIN
Sept 9 vs Indiana State: 61-0 WIN
Sept 16 at Florida: 21-20 WIN
Sept 23 vs UMass: 27-6 WIN
Sept 30 vs Georgia: 21-13 WIN
Oct 14 vs South Carolina: 17-16 WIN
Oct 21 at Alabama: 17-27 LOSS
Oct 28 at Kentucky: 28-13 WIN
Nov 4 vs Southern Miss: 35-7 WIN
Nov 11 at Missouri: 21-14 WIN
Nov 18 vs LSU: 23-10 WIN
Nov 25 vs Vanderbilt: 41-0 WIN

SEC Championship Game: Tennessee defeats Auburn (38-27)

Heisman Trophy Winner: Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma) ***John Kelly will be a finalist***

Conference Standings
(SEC East)
1. Tennessee (12-1; 7-1) – SEC Champion (defeat Auburn in Championship Game); loss to Alabama; best win: Auburn (11-2)
2. Georgia (8-4; 5-3) – losses to Notre Dame, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Auburn
3. Florida (6-6; 4-4) – losses to Michigan, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida State

(SEC West)
1. Auburn (11-2; 7-1) – losses to LSU and Tennessee (in the SEC Championship game)
2. Alabama (11-1; 7-1) – loss to Auburn; best win: SEC Champion Tennessee (12-1)
3. LSU (9-3; 5-3) – losses to Ole Miss, Alabama, and Tennessee

(Big 10)
1. Michigan (13-0; 9-0) – Big 10 Champion; best win: Ohio State (9-3)
2. Ohio State (9-3; 7-2) – losses to Oklahoma, Michigan State, and Michigan

(ACC)
Clemson (10-3; 7-1) – ACC Champions; losses to Auburn, Florida State, and South Carolina

(Big 12)
Oklahoma (13-0; 9-0) – Big 12 Champions; best win: Ohio State (9-3)

(Pac 12)
USC (11-2; 8-1) – Pac 12 Champion (losses to Notre Dame and Arizona St.)

(Independent)
Notre Dame (11-1) – loss to Michigan State; best win: Pac 12 Champion USC (11-2)

2018 College Football Playoff
1. Michigan (13-0)
2. Oklahoma (13-0)
3. Tennessee (12-1)
4. Alabama (11-1)

Rose Bowl: #4 Alabama defeats #1 Michigan (38-3)
Sugar Bowl: #3 Tennessee defeats #2 Oklahoma (41-13)
CFP National Title Game: #3 Tennessee defeats #4 Alabama (23-20)

Last edited:
Reactions: 45 people
I truly hope this all comes true.

Your predictions remind me of my March Madness brackets. I always complete 2 of them, a realistic one and a "We dominate" one. Yours reminds me of the latter... But, I hope it happens.

Reactions: 2 people
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
This is the year we will see 2 teams from the same conference make the playoffs. Tennessee and Alabama will both make the playoffs. Also the SEC is going to reassert its claim as the most dominant conference in college football. As you can see, I expect Tennessee and Alabama to dominate their opponents in the semi-finals. Also, throughout the season and bowl season you'll see SEC teams dominate.

Look for that domination to start week 2 when Auburn goes into Clemson and pulls off the upset.

Reactions: 1 person
Gave you a like, mainly cause no one else probably will.

Hope your predictions come true. As far as SEC is concerned, you are too optimistic, but I still have the Vols at 9-3, losing to Bama in SECC.

I truly hope this all comes true.

Your predictions remind me of my March Madness brackets. I always complete 2 of them, a realistic one and a "We dominate" one. Yours reminds me of the latter... But, I hope it happens.

This is my "realistic one". The "we dominate" one had us going 15-0. But alas I think we lose a close one in Tuscaloosa now. But we'll get our revenge in the National Championship Game.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back