D4H's 2017 Tennessee Vols Predictions

the easiest opportunity to be that guy has to be on defense. Warrior is a good pick. he could impact the game with a turnover or some big stops.

but i'm going to go with....Shy Tuttle. the interior of that line has got to be ready to get off, and if their O line isn't fixed, and is bad as they looked against Michigan, you could see Tuttle go off. he's fresh. and with Kmac eating up some space, i could see Tuttle having a really good game potentially.

Are we assuming the D-line actually lines up near the line of scrimmage?

Phillips and Palmer

Palmer has already flashed the deep threat but our QBs couldn't connect with him. Honestly, he should be the leading receiver in yards already.

Brandon Johnson had some good catches in the ISU game. Maybe he explodes this Saturday and leads the receiving corps with 189 yards and two TDs!

The only problem with Kyle Phillips is that he's been injured constantly since he arrived on the hill unfortunately.

That's really slowed down his learning, training and getting real game reps for knowledge and experience.

We're just now seeing a small glimpse of his massive potential.

If he can stay healthy and keep playing then I believe that Phillips will become our top sack master easily.

NOW is also the time for Kongbo and KMac to step up big and prove to everyone why every team in the country wanted them!

JK will obviously run well but I also believe we'll now see both Chandler and CFA take off and our run game will totally surprise everyone.

Run game will open up our passing game a lot so we'll see our TE's and young WR's start to make names for themselves.

I believe our D will get better but I also think our O will start to explode and really put the points on the board.

We simply have too many serious playmakers on our O to stop everyone and in the nasty swamp is where we're going to start really showing it.

Rain or shine Team 121 will be fine!

VFL...GBO!!!

We saw Marquez Callaway and Daniel Bituli breakout against Georgia Tech week 1.

Who do you think will be the young guys we haven't seen a lot from that will break out against Florida?

I'll go with Latrell Williams and Nigel Warrior. Both guys will make huge plays Saturday that help us win the game.

History says it's be a Florida d lineman. Maybe 4 sacks and a forced fumble.

I'm gonna say Palmer on offense. On D, I REALLY would like to see Kmac come alive. I think he plays with attitude tmr, and is super disruptive.

He wouldnt be a breakout for Vol fans but i think John Kelly puts up a performance to put the nation on notice. Im thinking he goes travis stephens level and gets nearly 200 yards and multiple touchdowns. On defense i hope its darrell taylor with multiple sacks.

Breakout player? If history, and the first two games, are any indication it will be whomever starts at QB for the gators. If UT's d-line doesn't figure out how to pass rush and tackle, it's going to be a long day.

I think if Dormandy puts more air under his deep ball, we will walk away with it in convincing fashion.

I go into every game thinking Tyler Byrd is going to break out...just too athletic not too..

With that said....I'll go with Brandon Johnson...

Trey Smith makes a name for himself road grading against a stout front so Kelly, Ty, and CFA can have memorable games.

Ethan W and M Callaway have good games but the run game keeps us in it for the most part.

Phillips and Taylor have a great day with sacks, hurries, tkl/tfl's.

Medley finally comes through with a game winner and songs will be written about him....for now

Obviously you never actually watched Witten at UT he never had a multiple TD game his career stats include 7 TD's over 3 years (5 his junior year) Not for lack of talent we just didn't throw to TE's much back then.

I was thinking of the Jason Witten of the Michigan game where he outran the whole D.

This is the year we will see 2 teams from the same conference make the playoffs. Tennessee and Alabama will both make the playoffs. Also the SEC is going to reassert its claim as the most dominant conference in college football. As you can see, I expect Tennessee and Alabama to dominate their opponents in the semi-finals. Also, throughout the season and bowl season you'll see SEC teams dominate.

Look for that domination to start week 2 when Auburn goes into Clemson and pulls off the upset.

First of beating Florida and Georgia in 2017 won't be considered much of an accomplishment because they won't be very good. South Carolina gets them late in the year and by that point Florida and Georgia won't have anything to play for since we'll have the SEC East wrapped up.

And now you've changed and have Georgia winning it all this year. LOL

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back