D4H's 2017 NFL Draft Review (Best Picks, Best Drafts, and Predictions)

I’m honestly curious what your NFL Draft credentials are. I’m sincerely asking. Are you just a dude, or do you claim to have insight? Not being snarky, I really want to know.
You would be literally the only person to think Penny is the RB2. I do mean that literally. I’m simply fascinated by the notion that another human being could watch Guice and Penny play American football, and not agree that Guice is the clear-cut better prospect. You referenced the senior bowl in a thread about Josh Allen. Did you not watch Penny at that same game???

Credentials? He’s a teenager with a Narcissistic personality disorder playing on mommy and daddy’s computer who likes to watch “tape/film” of football games on YouTube. Those are his “credentials”.

Credentials? He’s a teenager with a Narcissistic personality disorder playing on mommy and daddy’s computer who likes to watch “tape/film” of football games on YouTube. Those are his “credentials”.

I think he’s a guy that watches highlight clips on YouTube and calls it “game film.”

1500 yards from scrimmage and 14 total TDs per season will get you to the Hall of Fame if you do it for 10 years.

So even if Alvin doesn't improve on his production, his rookie year stats are Hall of Fame worthy if he sustains them for 10 years.

And given that he barely played much at the start of the season and missed 1 game due to injury, it's easy to assume that his production will improve for least a few years.

2000 scrimmage yards for at least a few seasons is possible for Alvin. And once he does that he'll be a Hall of Fame worthy.

With 7,200 career rushing yards? Nah, not a chance. If he replicates last season 9 more times, every year splitting time with another guy, never being “the guy”, never posting a 1,000 yard season....nah, not a chance.

And btw, there you go again spouting out all those nasty statistics again that don’t mean anything whatsoever compared to those eyes of yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He's admitted as much.

That’s excellent! Literally every Draft prospect has good highlight film. You learn the most by watching how they handle adversity.
I’ve done a podcast for 3 years specifically about the NFL Draft. We talk about it all year long and really do homework so we don’t ever sound like what D4H sounds like with every post.
I don’t want to dump on the guy if this is like his dream, though. He just really needs to go about things differently...and gain some humility.

That’s excellent! Literally every Draft prospect has good highlight film. You learn the most by watching how they handle adversity.
I’ve done a podcast for 3 years specifically about the NFL Draft. We talk about it all year long and really do homework so we don’t ever sound like what D4H sounds like with every post.
I don’t want to dump on the guy if this is like his dream, though. He just really needs to go about things differently...and gain some humility.
What’s the name of your podcast? Keywords if you’re worrying that it violates forum rules

Both. It’s just an audio trick!

Edit: I’m not Rich. Thanks for checking it out, btw.

Haven’t finished your most recent. Well done! And you have a sponsor, to boot! Don’t agree with many of your picks but that’s what makes the draft fun. Really interested in the NY Jets trade episode.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven’t finished your most recent. Well done! And you have a sponsor, to boot! Don’t agree with many of your picks but that’s what makes the draft fun. Really interested in the NY Jets trade episode.

We included trades in our mock this year, which is fun, but impossible to accurately predict. Still, I try to go with more of what I think will happen than what I would do. I personally rank Darnold as the #3 or #4 QB in the class, but I think he will go 1.

We included trades in our mock this year, which is fun, but impossible to accurately predict. Still, I try to go with more of what I think will happen than what I would do. I personally rank Darnold as the #3 or #4 QB in the class, but I think he will go 1.

I don’t think Josh Allen slips past the Jets. Tho they do seem enamored with Mayfield lately.

I don’t think Josh Allen slips past the Jets. Tho they do seem enamored with Mayfield lately.

I just listened to a beat writer for the JETS who said, “there’s no way Allen is the pick. It’s a two-man race between Rosen and Mayfield to go #3.”
Now, that’s just a writer and he isn’t making the real call, but he seemed to have a bit of knowledge about the team. On the other hand, Kiper (who takes to team scouts) acts like some teams in the too of the draft are enamoured with his potential. So who knows. I think we had him going at 7 in a trade scenario, and that’s the absolute latest he goes, I think. I’m still really low on the guy. It’s not just his accuracy concerns, it’s his poor decision-making. He’s going to need a heck of a QB coach and a couple of years to let him sit and watch.

I just listened to a beat writer for the JETS who said, “there’s no way Allen is the pick. It’s a two-man race between Rosen and Mayfield to go #3.”
Now, that’s just a writer and he isn’t making the real call, but he seemed to have a bit of knowledge about the team. On the other hand, Kiper (who takes to team scouts) acts like some teams in the too of the draft are enamoured with his potential. So who knows. I think we had him going at 7 in a trade scenario, and that’s the absolute latest he goes, I think. I’m still really low on the guy. It’s not just his accuracy concerns, it’s his poor decision-making. He’s going to need a heck of a QB coach and a couple of years to let him sit and watch.

Time of year for smokescreens tho. Beat writers will get “leaks” to throw other teams off. In the Jets case, they gave up too much for the 3rd pick to trade down, but if other teams get desperate thinking their guy won’t slip, they may alter their strategies to move up and down. Jimmy Johnson was the ultimate riverboat gambler and would make trades to get other teams to blow their wads...and get his guys anyway. Bill Belichick is the current incarnate...even with the Garappolo flub.

Time of year for smokescreens tho. Beat writers will get “leaks” to throw other teams off. In the Jets case, they gave up too much for the 3rd pick to trade down, but if other teams get desperate thinking their guy won’t slip, they may alter their strategies to move up and down. Jimmy Johnson was the ultimate riverboat gambler and would make trades to get other teams to blow their wads...and get his guys anyway. Bill Belichick is the current incarnate...even with the Garappolo flub.

Yeah, the JETS are definitely going QB at 3. It's just a question of who they like. For them to make the trade before the draft, they must really like at least three guys. You don't give up that much if you aren't positive that you can get a guy you really like. That means they're prepared for any two QBs to possibly go 1 and 2, and they might even be their favorites.
This is how I still have so much fun with the draft even when my team isn't picking until 24. Last year's day-one of the draft was one of the most exciting ever.

With 7,200 career rushing yards? Nah, not a chance. If he replicates last season 9 more times, every year splitting time with another guy, never being “the guy”, never posting a 1,000 yard season....nah, not a chance.

And btw, there you go again spouting out all those nasty statistics again that don’t mean anything whatsoever compared to those eyes of yours.

Last I checked he also had 830 yards receiving. So he would also have 8000+ receving yards to go with the 7000+ rushing yards and also 140 total TDs.

Put all those numbers together and he's EASILY a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Again, I have to ask why you even bother. It seems to me that nobody really takes your opinions seriously regarding NFL prospects. Are you trying to be a writer or something? Serious question. I'm just trying to understand the whole D4H schtick.

Maybe not now. But in a few years they will. It typically takes 3-4 years before we know what a draft class is truly.

I feel confident in my picks for the 2017 draft class. Just yesterday another one of my predictions came true. I said Reuben Foster was not a player that should be drafted in the 1st round given his character issues. Now it looks like he might never play in the NFL again.

I also correctly predicted Deshaun Watson's proclivity for knee injuries.

As time goes on more and more of my evaluations of these players will become true.

Maybe not now. But in a few years they will. It typically takes 3-4 years before we know what a draft class is truly.

I feel confident in my picks for the 2017 draft class. Just yesterday another one of my predictions came true. I said Reuben Foster was not a player that should be drafted in the 1st round given his character issues. Now it looks like he might never play in the NFL again.

I also correctly predicted Deshaun Watson's proclivity for knee injuries.

As time goes on more and more of my evaluations of these players will become true.

Way to go out on a limb there with your Foster take. Lol! Literally everyone else said the same thing. That’s why he didn’t go top 10, where he would have gone if not for these concerns. He was taken with the next to last pick. With his talent level, it was a risk worth taking that late for SF.

And again, until you amend your take on Kaaya, your posting privileges should be revoked. He was cut by two different teams that both desperately were searching for a competent backup.

I also correctly predicted Deshaun Watson's proclivity for knee injuries
In a sea of ego fueled guesses, this one is most comical to me. You seriously think you deserve credit for an uninformed medical opinion based on some stories you skimmed about unrelated knee injuries.

We couldn't make up an account this good if we tried.

Reactions: 4 people
Last I checked he also had 830 yards receiving. So he would also have 8000+ receving yards to go with the 7000+ rushing yards and also 140 total TDs.

Keep dreaming kid. Herschel Walker, for example, had 8,000+ yards rushing, just under 5,000 yards receiving, 13,000+ total yards, 82 touchdowns....he’s not in the HOF and never will be.....and has never even gotten serious consideration.

Kamara had a fantastic rookie season, as the second running back option, as a change up to #1 Mark Ingram. He was outstanding and if he does that consistently over the next 8-9 seasons, which ain’t remotely likely, he will have put together a very nice career.....but it ain’t getting him into the hall of fame.

And again, what the hell are you doing basing your arguments on statistics....you know, those pesky little things that mean absolutely nothing when it comes to evaluating how good a player is?

Reactions: 1 person
Keep dreaming kid. Herschel Walker, for example, had 8,000+ yards rushing, just under 5,000 yards receiving, 13,000+ total yards, 82 touchdowns....he’s not in the HOF and never will be.....and has never even gotten serious consideration.

Kamara had a fantastic rookie season, as the second running back option, as a change up to #1 Mark Ingram. He was outstanding and if he does that consistently over the next 8-9 seasons, which ain’t remotely likely, he will have put together a very nice career.....but it ain’t getting him into the hall of fame.

And again, what the hell are you doing basing your arguments on statistics....you know, those pesky little things that mean absolutely nothing when it comes to evaluating how good a player is?

I'm guessing arithmetic isn't your strong suit. There's a HUGE difference between 15,000 yards and 140 TDs vs 13,000 and 82 TDs.

140 career TDs would put Alvin Kamara 7th all-time in NFL history. NFL All-Time Touchdowns Leaders - National Football League - ESPN

I'm pretty confident he would be a first ballot Hall of Famer if he got anywhere close to 140 career TDs.

While splitting carries his whole life what makes u think he could carry the load for 16+ games without a Mark Ingram type to go between the tackles for the majority of the carries

Plus in your scenario he never has a down year and never gets hurt which is what we normal folk call a fantasy land

Last edited:
Seriously lol this mfer said 140 touchdowns hahahaha he just finished his rookie year!! that is just an insane number

Look up the all time great RBs and find me some that came close to that

This more then anything highlights your lack of football knowledge and your delusions of what “you’re guys” are gonna do in the league

Last edited:
I'm guessing arithmetic isn't your strong suit. There's a HUGE difference between 15,000 yards and 140 TDs vs 13,000 and 82 TDs.

140 career TDs would put Alvin Kamara 7th all-time in NFL history. NFL All-Time Touchdowns Leaders - National Football League - ESPN

I'm pretty confident he would be a first ballot Hall of Famer if he got anywhere close to 140 career TDs.

Lol. There’s also a huge difference between 15,000 yards and 140 tds and 1,554 yards and 13 tds. Alvin is light years away from your “projection” and the likelihood of him ever getting there is beyond low.

Look, I’m clearly a bigger fan of Alvin than you ever dreamed of being....I was on his bandwagon way back when, advocating week in and week out that he needed get more carries at Tennessee, more touches because he was a better runner, was more dynamic, was a better fit for UT’s offense and was just a better football player than Jalen Hurd.....who you were salivating over, saying he was the best running back in the country and the (haha!) “Calvin Johnson of running backs”...what ever in God’s name that’s supposed to be.

All the posters that respond to you, we’re all huge AK fans, loved him at UT, love him now, recognize he had a great rookie year and wish him great success going forward. But we also have a freaking clue and realize that players like him, change up backs to the primary running back, the team’s bell cow, who aren’t “the man”, who aren’t likely to get enough touches to string together even a couple or three 1,000 yard seasons....that makes it very difficult for them to get into the HOF.

And yet again, allow me to point out your staggering amount of hypocrisy here yet again, in arguing for Kamara’s HOF candidacy solely on the basis of a bunch of “silly old statistics” that you’ve discounted said over and over and over again mean virtually nothing when evaluating a player.....at least they don’t back up your argument that is.

VN Store

Back