D4H's 2017 NFL Draft Review (Best Picks, Best Drafts, and Predictions)

You have Penny ranked ahead of Guice and the UGA guys??? Wow! Unbelievably bad take.
Penny is so bad at blocking that he’s unplayable on passing downs. You can’t draft a guy in the first round that can’t be on the field for so much of the game. His senior bowl week performance was quite poor.
With Kelly, he’s just not fast enough to be drafted high in a class full of outstanding RB depth. His pro day 40 times were a little fishy and nobody will buy that 4.5 time. You don’t go from 4.65 to a 4.5, and with it being at his pro day, scouts will just believe the slower time.
I think he’s a good talent and I’d love if my team drafts him, but you’re kidding yourself if you think he’s a better draft prospect than Guice, Chubb, Michele, Kerryon Johnson, Royce Freeman or as good as Jones.

I don't think Guice or the UGA guys are that good.

Rashaad Penny is ELITE. He's just a step below Saquon Barkley but far ahead of everyone else. He's the clear cut #2 RB in this class and a top 10 overall talent.

He reminds me of Curtis Martin. He's an elite talent IMO.

Rashaad Penny is ELITE. He's just a step below Saquon Barkley but far ahead of everyone else. He's the clear cut #2 RB in this class and a top 10 overall talent.

I’m honestly curious what your NFL Draft credentials are. I’m sincerely asking. Are you just a dude, or do you claim to have insight? Not being snarky, I really want to know.
You would be literally the only person to think Penny is the RB2. I do mean that literally. I’m simply fascinated by the notion that another human being could watch Guice and Penny play American football, and not agree that Guice is the clear-cut better prospect. You referenced the senior bowl in a thread about Josh Allen. Did you not watch Penny at that same game???

Reactions: 1 person

Guice and uga guys will ball out and make u look foolish once again

And Did I read that right John Kelly going first round???? Lol

Last edited:
I’m honestly curious what your NFL Draft credentials are. I’m sincerely asking. Are you just a dude, or do you claim to have insight? Not being snarky, I really want to know.
You would be literally the only person to think Penny is the RB2. I do mean that literally. I’m simply fascinated by the notion that another human being could watch Guice and Penny play American football, and not agree that Guice is the clear-cut better prospect. You referenced the senior bowl in a thread about Josh Allen. Did you not watch Penny at that same game???

I was also the only person on earth that had Alvin Kamara as RB1 last year in the draft ahead of Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey.

I don't care what other people think. I watch the film and make my own determination of a prospects NFL potential. And just as I saw a special talent in Alvin last year that nobody else saw, I'm seeing something similar in Rashaad Penny.

I compared Alvin Kamara to Marshall Faulk at this time last year. And through one NFL season he looks like a Marshall Faulk-esque RB when it comes dominating the game both rushing and receiving. Well I'm telling y'all now that I see Curtis Martin in Rashaad Penny. He had a similar body type, build, running gait, and playing style.

Rashaad Penny will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL.

Guice and uga guys will ball out and make u look foolish once again

And Did I read that right John Kelly going first round???? Lol

The Georgia guys and Guice will be solid. I have them rated as 2nd round picks. And according to my rating system, a 2nd round grade on a prospect means I expect them to be a solid starter in the NFL with the potential to make 1-2 pro bowls. Think of Mark Ingram as the protypical 2nd round graded RB according to my scale. He's had a solid NFL career but no one would say he's been a SUPERSTAR.

Guice, Chubb, and Michel will be solid but they won't be SUPERSTARS.

However, John Kelly will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL. I compare him to Priest Holmes. I would draft John Kelly in the first round and take him as the third overall RB in the draft after Saquon Barkley and Rashaad Penny.

I was also the only person on earth that had Alvin Kamara as RB1 last year in the draft ahead of Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey.

I don't care what other people think. I watch the film and make my own determination of a prospects NFL potential. And just as I saw a special talent in Alvin last year that nobody else saw, I'm seeing something similar in Rashaad Penny.

I compared Alvin Kamara to Marshall Faulk at this time last year. And through one NFL season he looks like a Marshall Faulk-esque RB when it comes dominating the game both rushing and receiving. Well I'm telling y'all now that I see Curtis Martin in Rashaad Penny. He had a similar body type, build, running gait, and playing style.

Rashaad Penny will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL.

Marshall Faulk didn’t share ANY backfields in his HOF career. That particular comparison has a rough start. Right now he’s a sturdier Darren Sproles.

Marshall Faulk didn’t share ANY backfields in his HOF career. That particular comparison has a rough start. Right now he’s a sturdier Darren Sproles.

Bulletproof statement there

Completely factual and undeniable

That’s why d4h has avoided that topic even tho Kamara has split carries since high school

And sits there and knocks guys like Fournette and Cook who have been work horses since hsb sure they got miles on em but plenty others do

Doesn’t mean their finished at 24 not in this day and age

Fact is Kamara would never hold up to a 16 game 300+ carry season not once. He will always split carries that’s what he is from here on our no more Faulk talk he is now Sproles 2.0 and split carries don’t make the Hall

Last edited:

That’s why d4h has avoided that topic even tho Kamara has split carries since high school

And sits there and knocks guys like Fournette and Cook who have been work horses since hsb sure they got miles on em but plenty others do

Fact is Kamara would never hold up to a 16 game 300+ carry season not once. He will always split carries that’s what he is from here on our no more Faulk talk he is now Sproles 2.0 and split carries don’t make the Hall

If he does ANY research, he may counter that Faulk split time with Steven Jackson. But that was in his next to last season. For the spirit of his tired comparison, Faulk was a workhorse and logged loads of 100 yard RUSHING performances in his beginning seasons. In his lone season playing with Peyton, his use as a receiver was souped up before exploding in that department as a Ram. At this point, I think Kamara is more dangerous in the passing game and his rushing gems are more a result of the change of pace after Ingram pounds the defense in the early going.

The Georgia guys and Guice will be solid. I have them rated as 2nd round picks. And according to my rating system, a 2nd round grade on a prospect means I expect them to be a solid starter in the NFL with the potential to make 1-2 pro bowls. Think of Mark Ingram as the protypical 2nd round graded RB according to my scale. He's had a solid NFL career but no one would say he's been a SUPERSTAR.

Guice, Chubb, and Michel will be solid but they won't be SUPERSTARS.

However, John Kelly will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL. I compare him to Priest Holmes. I would draft John Kelly in the first round and take him as the third overall RB in the draft after Saquon Barkley and Rashaad Penny.

According to your scale?? LOL!!!
Is this the same scale that had you so sure Brad Kaaya was a stellar prospect?

Darren Sproles never had 1500+ yards from scrimmage and 14+ TDs in a season. Alvin Kamara did that as a rookie.

Just an awful comparison. Sproles was a gadget player. Kamara is an elite dual threat RB. The closest thing to Marshall Faulk this league has seen.

And FYI, for a backup, Alvin had more yards from scrimmage and TDs than Mark Ingram (the alleged starter). I would say if you have more yards and TDs, you're the real starter and the other guy is the "backup".

Last edited:

We'll just have to see if Kamara can take a full work load. I've seen nothing to suggest he can't do it. He's just never been given the chance.

You guys are making the same mistake people made in the lead-up to the draft last year. They questioned why Alvin wasn't starting at Tennessee ahead of Jalen Hurd. So people thought maybe Alvin wasn't good enough to start. We now know it was Butch Jones incompetence and not Alvin's inability as to why he didn't get more playing time at Tennessee.

I feel you guys are making the same mistake right now. Alvin is splitting touches with Mark Ingram not because he can't take a full load but rather because this system is working well right now for New Orleans. The Saints set an NFL record last year when it came to yards from scrimmage by their top 2 RBs. Both Alvin and Ingram had 1500+ yards from scrimmage.

No reason to mess up a good thing that is working. I'm confident that when Alvin has the full work load, he'll put up HISTORIC numbers. I predicted before the draft that he would have a 1,000 yard rushing and 1,000 yard receiving season in the NFL. And I'm not backing from it. Its probably won't happen this year because I expect the sharing of touches with Mark Ingram to continue. But in 2019 and 2020 we should see Alvin Kamara as the guy getting all the touches like prime Marshall Faulk. And I expect Alvin to go off.

Alvin Kamara could break the NFL record for yards from scrimmage in 2019. He's that good.

Darren Sproles never had 1500+ yards from scrimmage and 14+ TDs in a season. Alvin Kamara did that as a rookie.

Just an awful comparison. Sproles was a gadget player. Kamara is an elite dual threat RB. The closest thing to Marshall Faulk this league has seen.

And FYI, for a backup, Alvin had more yards from scrimmage and TDs than Mark Ingram (the alleged starter). I would say if you have more yards and TDs, you're the real starter and the other guy is the "backup".

The leading rusher should be the starting RB. Ingram was the leading rusher. Kamara (like Sproles) plays off the real man in the backfield. And being a sturdier version makes him more productive...but no workhorse. I don’t think his body could take a regular workload. In his often cited misuse by Butch, after Hurd was gone and it was Kamara’s baby, he almost instantly missed a game due to dings and played through them for the remainder of the season. If Payton continues to use him effectively and judiciously, he’ll carve out quite a career...not HOF level, of course...but souped up Sproles/Danny Woodhead territory. :thumbsup:

The leading rusher should be the starting RB. Ingram was the leading rusher. Kamara (like Sproles) plays off the real man in the backfield. And being a sturdier version makes him more productive...but no workhorse. I don’t think his body could take a regular workload. In his often cited misuse by Butch, after Hurd was gone and it was Kamara’s baby, he almost instantly missed a game due to dings and played through them for the remainder of the season. If Payton continues to use him effectively and judiciously, he’ll carve out quite a career...not HOF level, of course...but souped up Sproles/Danny Woodhead territory. :thumbsup:

1500 yards from scrimmage and 14 total TDs per season will get you to the Hall of Fame if you do it for 10 years.

So even if Alvin doesn't improve on his production, his rookie year stats are Hall of Fame worthy if he sustains them for 10 years.

And given that he barely played much at the start of the season and missed 1 game due to injury, it's easy to assume that his production will improve for least a few years.

2000 scrimmage yards for at least a few seasons is possible for Alvin. And once he does that he'll be a Hall of Fame worthy.

1500 yards from scrimmage and 14 total TDs per season will get you to the Hall of Fame if you do it for 10 years.

So even if Alvin doesn't improve on his production, his rookie year stats are Hall of Fame worthy if he sustains them for 10 years.

And given that he barely played much at the start of the season and missed 1 game due to injury, it's easy to assume that his production will improve for least a few years.

2000 scrimmage yards for at least a few seasons is possible for Alvin. And once he does that he'll be a Hall of Fame worthy.

Since no player has averaged that as a backup over the span of a career, your HOF supposition has never been proven. So it’s hot air. :) The more workload he gets, the more dings. That and film will work against him long term. He’s more dangerous as a change of pace back and those don’t make the HOF. Another former player comparison (one of your favorite vehicles) is Preston “No Drew is the other one” Pearson. Dangerous explosive backup for the Cowboys who could never carry the whole load. Easy to miss during your “film studies” since he’s not on a lot of NFL Network videos. I see that for Kamara. Very productive satisfactory career...no gold jacket.

Since no player has averaged that as a backup over the span of a career, your HOF supposition has never been proven. So it’s hot air. :) The more workload he gets, the more dings. That and film will work against him long term. He’s more dangerous as a change of pace back and those don’t make the HOF. Another former player comparison (one of your favorite vehicles) is Preston “No Drew is the other one” Pearson. Dangerous explosive backup for the Cowboys who could never carry the whole load. Easy to miss during your “film studies” since he’s not on a lot of NFL Network videos. I see that for Kamara. Very productive satisfactory career...no gold jacket.

You'll look stupid for doubting Alvin. Just like you and everyone else who thought there was a better RB prospect in the 2017 NFL Draft has looked stupid thus far when it comes to doubting Alvin.

Alvin will have 1,750 scrimmage yards and 15 TDs in 2018. Then in 2019, he will explode for 2000+ scrimmage yards and 20 TDs.

Alvin Kamara will be the best RB in the NFL over the next 3 years.

You'll look stupid for doubting Alvin. Just like you and everyone else who thought there was a better RB prospect in the 2017 NFL Draft has looked stupid thus far when it comes to doubting Alvin.

Alvin will have 1,750 scrimmage yards and 15 TDs in 2018. Then in 2019, he will explode for 2000+ scrimmage yards and 20 TDs.

Unlike you I’ll wait for the reality. :) Right now you’re reading tea leaves and we’re drinking coffee. In the meantime opposing DC’s are scheming and the stuff that worked last year won’t as well this season. He could very well have as good a season with reduced numbers. That would keep him out of the HOF if his two year career doesn’t. :lol:

You really ought to consider a career in used cars

Coming very soon. I'm finishing up my video study on the last couple of prospects.

I'll try to have the 2018 thread up by the end of this week.

Again, I have to ask why you even bother. It seems to me that nobody really takes your opinions seriously regarding NFL prospects. Are you trying to be a writer or something? Serious question. I'm just trying to understand the whole D4H schtick.

VN Store

Back