Currie's First Hire/Fire?

Currie's First Hire

• Total voters
Rick Barnes should've never been hired in the 1st place. Out of touch with players. Players not improving, actually playing worse as the year went along. Students not showing up for games

I'm sure Barnes saw the UT job as a nice way to pad his retirement parachute

Reactions: 2 people
Can we let her go? We have Number 1 recruiting class coming next year. Do we lose them if she is fired?

answers:
YES
YES
Maybe, but this may be the lesser of evils. I question Holly's ability to make them a championship team anyway.

As a student I hope there is some discipline and institutional control instilled. I have seen the basketball players out at 12:30 on the strip the night before KSU (thankfully we won) and out before the UGA game (we lost it showed they were trashed the night before). Last night the night before the home opener for baseball I saw no less than 5 UT baseball players out on the strip around 12:30 and when I reference out on the strip I don't mean grabbing a late bite to eat I mean getting hammered.

I'm surprised that this happens in the age of social media.

Reactions: 2 people
He won't be firing anyone until he has time to evaluate everyone and see what their track record is or whether or not he likes them. The earliest he makes a coaching move is towards the end of this year.

This guy is completely unaware of the whole Lady Vols fiasco so he certainly doesn't know enough about the coaches to hire or fire them.

Unaware of the Lady Vol fiasco?? You must be kidding.
From his past with UT athletics he has to know. Also will have some insight as to Holly's past coaching experience. Surely her not getting a head coaching job over the years he was here, should say something about her ability as seen within the basketball community while an asst. and not be lost on him.

Rick Barnes should've never been hired in the 1st place. Out of touch with players. Players not improving, actually playing worse as the year went along. Students not showing up for games

Yeah let's fire the guy cause his freshman are hitting the freshman wall. Get real. No one would do any better with our roster.

I'd rather have a coach (insert name here) who can coach up 3- and 4-star recruits than a coach (Holly) who can't coach 4- and 5-star recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
It should be Holly, but probably won't be.

I think Serrano does enough this year (pretty good start) to keep his job.

Those of you posting in here suggesting coach Serrano be fired must not be aware of how the baseball team is doing thus far early in the season.

Maybe they realize that the team had the EXACT same record (6-1) at this EXACT point of the season last year...

Don't get me wrong, I think and hope the team is improved, but seven games is a very small sample size of a baseball season that can have around sixty games. The competition later on will tell how good the team is.

Interesting poll, looks like 193 votes to Hire Holly Warlick.
That is a strong showing of support, she looks like a shoe-in,

WBB is not a sport that is won by coaches. It's won by recruiting.

There is almost no parity in the sport.

How do you think SC and MSU suddenly became so good so fast?

Of all the coaches on that list, I'm pulling the hardest for Coach Serrano to turn it around..even though baseball is a non-revenue sport...he has had some terrible luck with injuries and the draft.

WBB is not a sport that is won by coaches. It's won by recruiting.

There is almost no parity in the sport.

How do you think SC and MSU suddenly became so good so fast?

Eh. The coaches do the recruiting. I see them as one in the same anymore. Players (in pretty much any sport) sign with coaches. The better coaches get the better players more oft than not.

The firing of Winterbothan was discussed this morning on the Sports Source and the group said that this could be construed as a warning to Warlick and Jones to produce and win or face the same fate.

The firing of Winterbothan was discussed this morning on the Sports Source and the group said that this could be construed as a warning to Warlick and Jones to produce and win or face the same fate.

Especially if Jones actually did approach Currie about a raise.

I sure hope so and I hope he takes notice!

VN Store

Back