Currie's First Hire/Fire?

Currie's First Hire

• Total voters
This is a no brainier. I know Holly loves this program and everything but it is so obvious she is so far over her head. She probably has more knowledge of the game than anyone but she is clueless when it comes to coaching.

A good assistant doesn't always make a good head coach, this applies to all sports. She is not cut out to be head coach and it is evident. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
In the big game of statistics, this is a skewed poll due to the timing.

If you list the same coaching names on the night that South Carolina beat Tennessee in football, Butch would have probably received at least 40-50% of the vote.

Rick is a great coach. He is doing a great job building a team that can play the best sytyle of bb for the current rules. NCAA next year top 15 year after.
The freshmen have hit the wall as teams with better upperclass leadership press towards the tournament.
The 4 stars are coming.

Reactions: 3 people
Rob Patrick with volleyball will be the first....unfortunately I think Holly will get another year smh

Those of you posting in here suggesting coach Serrano be fired must not be aware of how the baseball team is doing thus far early in the season.

Reactions: 6 people
Yeah I could see that...I watched some of the indoor championships and I don't recall seeing any UT athletes competing for titles

Been going further and further down hill for a while now. A far cry from where it once was.

Follow the money. Revenue sports trump non-revenue sports, and Currie's a bottom-line guy.

1. Football
2. MBB
3. WBB
4. Baseball

Everybody gets another year to up their game.

Beth Alford-Sullivan with Track & Field will get somewhat of a pass as long as UT goes without an indoor track and field training facility. UT has the worst track facilities now in the conference and one of the remaining conference schools (if not last) without an indoor training facility.

He won't be firing anyone until he has time to evaluate everyone and see what their track record is or whether or not he likes them. The earliest he makes a coaching move is towards the end of this year.

This guy is completely unaware of the whole Lady Vols fiasco so he certainly doesn't know enough about the coaches to hire or fire them.

Last edited:
well, IMHO, no one, right now...dust settles down...maybe after a full season from each coach...then, the hammer falls on...take your pick...:)

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back