Current Roster Details

Yes. It was a .pdf file UT included in its Signing Day info posted on utsports.com. Below is a link to UT’s Signing Day info including the .pdf.
It’s possible Gilbert is a PWO. But I noticed when UT produced a similar list last week of 2024 signees, they specifically mentioned a couple of guys were PWOs.

the real evidence. Both Bishop and Gilbert listed as walk-ons.

I think they will get to the 83 number at least. Won't be necessary until June to reach that one.

Lally is leaving. Lampley and Davis are not. McCoy don't know and won't decide until mid January.. They are not pushing hard on Stewart. Don't have door closed but he has baggage. Management problem with how hard he wants to work.

I really don't see anyone else that I've heard even a bit about leaving..

Is it "legal" just to use NIL money for the equivalent of a scholarship? It seems this 83 or 85 number means nothing?

Is it "legal" just to use NIL money for the equivalent of a scholarship? It seems this 83 or 85 number means nothing?

NIL is through the collective and depends on a player doing something to get it besides playing ball. They have to do commercials, or meet and greats at a business or autograph sessions, etc etc. I'm sure Desean Bishop gets some NIL for doing things like that and he is a walk-on. Not too many players are pulling enough NIL to pay for a scholarship, books, rooming, food, etc.

The scholarship numbers are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. no difference in 83 or 85. They are not refusing anyone because they have 83 as a number.

I know both are expected back, but it sounds like the two we're waiting on official confirmation from are Spraggins and Simmons?

anyone heard about how Nathan Leacock has been progressing? just looking forward to the Wr's on the roster and potential depth after the Wr's didn't play great vs Iowa. I heard he took some steps but he did not record a single stat despite playin in 1 or 2 games including UConn. after seeing how unimpressive Chas nimrod and Kaleb Webb have been I wonder if he may jump them in the offseason. also not writing off webb and nimrod but I think we have some much better athletes on the team and I do not think their ceiling is very high. I do like them and I would love to see them take a step and become the guys someday I just have not been impressed so far. I expect Bru and squirrel will start 2024 I do not think Bru's or squirrels position is up for grabs but the outside spot that use to belong to Cedrick Tillman I believe is up for grabs by Thornton, Brazzell, webb, Leacock and mabye nimrod. I am hoping we are deep enough to rotate and not loose guys to the portal.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
NIL is through the collective and depends on a player doing something to get it besides playing ball. They have to do commercials, or meet and greats at a business or autograph sessions, etc etc. I'm sure Desean Bishop gets some NIL for doing things like that and he is a walk-on. Not too many players are pulling enough NIL to pay for a scholarship, books, rooming, food, etc.

The scholarship numbers are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. no difference in 83 or 85. They are not refusing anyone because they have 83 as a number.
Can you expound? Why is the difference in 2 scholarships meaningless if that’s 2 fewer scholarship players on your roster?

The last 5 guys on a roster rarely play and likely end up never contributing before moving on... every roster has guys like that..
Hey, love what you bring to the table!!!

When do you think we will hear word about contract renewals, extensions, etc.
You know what I am asking, without asking ... :^)

Hey, love what you bring to the table!!!

When do you think we will hear word about contract renewals, extensions, etc.
You know what I am asking, without asking ... :^)

I would not be surprised if it is a few months from now.

If no announcement on you know who by NSD, you can assume he has a new contract. UT is not great with timely announcements on contracts. Lawyers a big part of it I'm sure...

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
Heard will be 83, if he does indeed commit.

Not sure I follow. With NIL they have to help a business with their business to earn money
It was a joke about those girls selling themselves. Lane and his staff basically turned them into hookers.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Here is another view of our roster. It should line up with LWS, but it's organized based on years of eligibility left and position. Parentheses show 247 star rating. If you are wondering why we have depth issue on the OL, I think this chart sums it up pretty well. If/When we add Heard, he will slot in below Reddick as a True Sophomore with 3 years left to play. Let me know if you see any errors.

1705417802112.png

Here is another view of our roster. It should line up with LWS, but it's organized based on years of eligibility left and position. Parentheses show 247 star rating. If you are wondering why we have depth issue on the OL, I think this chart sums it up pretty well. If/When we add Heard, he will slot in below Reddick as a True Sophomore with 3 years left to play. Let me know if you see any errors.

View attachment 610775
This is great!

We need to trim some OL and take a couple more. Wouldn’t mind trimming a LB or two for a couple portal players too.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Added column showing when new players get onto campus.
LWS, I have a question about eligibility for Bryson Eason. You have him listed as a senior with one year of eligibility. He came to campus in 2020 and everyone gets that year over because of COVID. According to the UT website he redshirted in 2021:

2021 – SOPHOMORE

Posted both his first career tackle for loss and QB hurry in three games during the 2021 season and earned a redshirt

Would he not have 2 more years of eligibility, 24 & 25? Not sure he would take it but it appears he would have the option unless I misunderstand the rules.

Thanks

VN Store

Back