Cuonzo Martin resigns, heads to Mizzou

On Tuesday a guy can't get his team to score 20 points in 20 minutes. Then on Wednesday the same guy gets a 20 million dollar contract. 'Murica.

I thot CCM brought in the #1 recruiting class out there a yr or 2 ago? Probably something fake. But, is Cal even any good in 3 years Cuonzo ball.

Makes me wonder where we would be if we still had him? Wonder where we would be if admins had BBB too? LOL. We'll never know.

Anyway, I wish Martin would have stayed. I liked him. But dang, if your agent can pull these deals, then watch out NCAA bluebloods and the NBA. $tay the course Cuonzo. I'm happy for you and your family.

Reactions: 3 people
Am I missing something? The guy has coached at two decent programs (Tenn and Cal) for three years a piece and made the NCAA tournament twice. If you take away the 2014 tournament run at Tenn, his resume is very weak.

I'm lost with you. No idea why Missouri would think this is s good move or how he's worth that much.

Reactions: 2 people
You do Know he was missing his top 2 scorers in the Bakersfield game? That's about 28 points missing from his offense.

Supposedly he met with Missouri on Monday, then played a NIT game on Tuesday...sounds more to me like him telling his guys not returning to save themselves.

Yall can hate him all you want but if I went from 1.4 million in California to 3 million in Missouri I'm leaving all day long....and I got a 7 year deal out of it!!! I'm set for life!!

1.4 in the Bay Area. He might have just tripled his income considering cost of living.

Reactions: 2 people
To be fair, he's the last coach to take Tennessee dancing...

Both Missouri and Tennessee have been below average since 2015

Well, just remember when things aren't working out dont express anger or Mizzou will be painted racist by the broad brush of the angry myron medcalf

Reactions: 1 person
He must have Kiffin's agent. That said, 2 NIT and a sweet 16 isn't bad for a football school.

I was glad Cuonzo left when he did, and admittedly wanted Pearl back.

Now, as underwhelmed as I am at times with Barnes...I believe I'd take him over either CCM or CBP.

Cuonzo just hired Michael Porter's dad and his son is going to follow him to Mizzou. He would supposedly go #1 in this upcoming NBA Draft. Glad to see the SEC improving. There won't be many easy outs in the future.

We were picked last his first year in the SEC. Finished 2nd. Next year without best returning player and still met what was projected. Last year not ranked preseason finished a missed call away from our best finish ever. Learn something about b-ball y'all.

Am I missing something? The guy has coached at two decent programs (Tenn and Cal) for three years a piece and made the NCAA tournament twice. If you take away the 2014 tournament run at Tenn, his resume is very weak.

And he had to play a play-in game that year. Bruce Weber is getting flak on here for that same thing. :)

Cuonzo just hired Michael Porter's dad and his son is going to follow him to Mizzou. He would supposedly go #1 in this upcoming NBA Draft. Glad to see the SEC improving. There won't be many easy outs in the future.

and LSU had Ben Simmons -- how did they fare ?

We were picked last his first year in the SEC. Finished 2nd. Next year without best returning player and still met what was projected. Last year not ranked preseason finished a missed call away from our best finish ever. Learn something about b-ball y'all.

missed call and a stupid play call

And we all know how well Cuonzo does with 5 stars

Come on now, we underachieved most of the 2013-14 season and were saved by a last 4 in bid. If not for that and the subsequent tournament run, his time here would be considered terrible... and I brought this up in another thread but in the 2012-13 season we had back to back losses to Georgetown and Virginia by scores of 37-36 and 46-38. Those are our worst performances in the shot clock era. His teams were boring - and we were supposed to accept that just after Pearl? Jeez.

Reactions: 4 people
Zo gonna mess around and sign 3 five stars in the 2017 class, still think the contract is insane but that'll bring some excitement to Missouri basketball.

VN Store

Back