Cuonzo Martin resigns, heads to Mizzou

Yall can hate him all you want but if I went from 1.4 million in California to 3 million in Missouri I'm leaving all day long....and I got a 7 year deal out of it!!! I'm set for life!!

Reactions: 4 people
He is stealing.

Cal was paying him 1.75m/year, I really don't think could've been thrilled with him to the point that they were gonna get into a bidding war with Missouri. Not only that but knowing he probably preferred the Missouri job anyways how on earth does Missouri end up doubling his salary for 7 years to get a guy they probably could've gotten for simply matching his salary???

Reactions: 2 people
Cal was paying him 1.75m/year, I really don't think could've been thrilled with him to the point that they were gonna get into a bidding war with Missouri. Not only that but knowing he probably preferred the Missouri job anyways how on earth does Missouri end up doubling his salary for 7 years to get a guy they probably could've gotten for simply matching his salary???

Missouri is a mess. That's the only thing I can think of.

It's crazy. He's not really in demand and he finished the season 1-7 against teams not named Oregon state.

Reactions: 2 people
Yall can hate him all you want but if I went from 1.4 million in California to 3 million in Missouri I'm leaving all day long....and I got a 7 year deal out of it!!! I'm set for life!!

Can't blame him at all.

Per PF:

SOURCE: Cuonzo Martin turned down an $18 million dollar contract from Illinois

Choked on my supper when I read it.
Happy for the guy though. if he knows how to do one thing, it's picking an agent.

To be fair, he's the last coach to take Tennessee dancing...

Both Missouri and Tennessee have been below average since 2015

Reactions: 5 people
On Tuesday a guy can't get his team to score 20 points in 20 minutes. Then on Wednesday the same guy gets a 20 million dollar contract. 'Murica.

Reactions: 5 people

Is Hamilton involved in this somehow?

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently Illinois offered him a decent amount as well

Am I missing something? The guy has coached at two decent programs (Tenn and Cal) for three years a piece and made the NCAA tournament twice. If you take away the 2014 tournament run at Tenn, his resume is very weak.

On Tuesday a guy can't get his team to score 20 points in 20 minutes. Then on Wednesday the same guy gets a 20 million dollar contract. 'Murica.

You do Know he was missing his top 2 scorers in the Bakersfield game? That's about 28 points missing from his offense.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back