Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't move the ball against Florida throwing it to that crew. Smh the running game has got to carry us.

I agree. I'm glad Neal and Lane are on the roster. They both have experience, and both have had good coaching (Graham last year and now CRG this year).

Bowles and Croom better start making moves. North will be a playmaker, but he's going to have to deal with the freshman grind.

Reactions: 1 person
Devrin is the type of kid this staff can do damage with in their offense. This offense is all about putting guys in space to make plays. Devrin can do that as can pig.

Drae confuses me as when you see him in clips you see he is explosive and he is a hard worker. He must have been really poorly coached in high school which has him behind in technique or the staff is trying to keep him a secret in scouting reports. You don't hear him mentioned often but swain saw him and said he will be a beast. Confusing. If he can't beat out these guys they need to put him at linebacker.

Drae's HS team could not even get him the ball

Jones & Bajakian's pass offense relies on precision and timing. They'll play receivers who are disciplined and run the best routes. Those standing out / leading now and who play this fall do so because of this.

Reactions: 4 people
People are kidding themselves if they think north is some huge outside threat over Blanc. Blanc is 6'3 with a mid 4.4 and is incredibly athletic. How quickly people forget his showing inlast year's spring game. Carter has great hands and an ability to get open. When he was on the field last year, he produced. I think we don't have a "starting three". We have 6 good recievers, with none being great, though Blanc has promise. Howard, Dallas, Croom, Carter, Blanc, and Young.

On gameday your depth chart will say:
X WR: Blanc, Croom
Y WR: Carter, Dallas
Slot: Young, Howard

North, Jenkins, Bowles, and the EE (can't recall name ATM) will all get PT, just not near as much as those.

Also Blanc was a 2-star (maybe 3) athlete with just one year of football experience going into college. That he is considered a starter only confirms how athletic he is with how raw he was entering the program. I remember the thread well.

Last edited:
Give Carter some credit. Hard worker, runs good routes with a great set of hands..
VD's quite solid as well. Just need a few of the big boys to step up. At least use their size and athletisism if the skills are not up to par

Give Carter some credit. Hard worker, runs good routes with a great set of hands..
VD's quite solid as well. Just need a few of the big boys to step up. At least use their size and athletisism if the skills are not up to par

Carter should have played more last year. He's one of the better blocking WRs we have. I love that he's worked hard and earned a scholly. He is sure-handed, runs good routes, and is, when it comes down to it, a good possession WR. He can do the dirty work that every team needs.

Reactions: 2 people
People are kidding themselves if they think north is some huge outside threat over Blanc. Blanc is 6'3 with a mid 4.4 and is incredibly athletic. How quickly people forget his showing inlast year's spring game. Carter has great hands and an ability to get open. When he was on the field last year, he produced. I think we don't have a "starting three". We have 6 good recievers, with none being great, though Blanc has promise. Howard, Dallas, Croom, Carter, Blanc, and Young.

North, Jenkins, Bowles, and the EE (can't recall name ATM) will all get PT, just not near as much as those.

Also Blanc was a 2-star (maybe 3) athlete with just one year of football experience going into college. That he is considered a starter only confirms how athletic he is with how raw he was entering the program. I remember the thread well.
No, you are kidding yourself.... We would go from the best WR core in the league, to one of the worst..

Carter should have played more last year. He's one of the better blocking WRs we have. I love that he's worked hard and earned a scholly. He is sure-handed, runs good routes, and is, when it comes down to it, a good possession WR. He can do the dirty work that every team needs.

Most def. But its disheartening that he is in the 3 deep with Bowles, Croom and Pig not progressing all that quick

We won't be the worst. I never said we'd be the best. We would just be average. I can talk up somebody with claiming them to be the next Hunter/CP/Rodgers combo. Because they obviously are terrible considering they are beating out the vaunted true sophomores everyone loves. Everyone loves the backups.

We won't be nearly as bad as you are predicting. We have qbs that are capable of good things. We have a ton of talent at the wr position (if you think Devrin isn't very talented, you are in for a major surprise this season). We will be fine on offense. Defense....... We will see.

I think we have a lot of talent at QB and WR, but with an entirely new scheme, I don't expect the transition to be smooth.

I just hope Peterman's wheels win him the job so we can run some sort of option game to keep the defense off balance.

Most def. But its disheartening that he is in the 3 deep with Bowles, Croom and Pig not progressing all that quick

I agree, but let's not forget that Bowles and Croom both have 4 years of eligibility left. Both are RS Freshmen, which is definitely a good thing.

you're thinking of harris and he should get some looks as the vertical threat. i think we will see a really deep rotation of recievers since at this time we dont have one or two allstars. which is great, think about it, is it better to have 2 A caliber guys with no depth ala 2011 when hunter got hurt or 5-6 B caliber guys who can roll in and out whenever someone gets hot or creates a better mismatch... better to have depth across the board than just a bunch of talent at the top and no help after that. now TE is a big concern in my book with the loss of rivera and no experience at all behind him. rivera was underused and still produced some big numbers that will be hard to replace.

Back to the years of Lucas Taylor, Briscoe, and A.Rogers talent wise. This will be bad if the youngsters don't progress......

Threw for a lot of yards that year. With precision and timing, we can have an effective passing attack. As good as last year? Let's not be crazy, but effective with what should be a very good run game. I'm not predicting we win the SEC, but it'll be a step in the right direction.

Threw for a lot of yards that year. With precision and timing, we can have an effective passing attack. As good as last year? Let's not be crazy, but effective with what should be a very good run game. I'm not predicting we win the SEC, but it'll be a step in the right direction.

What happened versus Florida? That's the only measuring stick I use these days. If they can't beat those guys I'm disappointed.....

Reactions: 2 people

You are mistaken.

Cody Blanc has played football his entire life, including 4 full years of HS football at Knoxville Central HS. That is fact.

What happened versus Florida? That's the only measuring stick I use these days. If they can't beat those guys I'm disappointed.....

I guess you can use any data to support your argument, but I'd take that season right now. A little better than what we've had.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDL79TIj4o0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwuGmuGjMds[/youtube]

IMO, Knoxnews does a good job with practice video coverage. They show some good action, and it's better video quality.

Given the amount of safteys we are cruitin, how many can we take? Will a safety to linebacker transition work well in this D?

"Yes, I think the safety to linebackers move will work. I think they are recruiting probably 7-10, but won't take that many."

- Hubbs

I'll take a LB with safety speed anyday. Our D was never better than when we had LB's who could run all over the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back