Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out this breakdown of sec team's draft picks the last 20 years real quick at mrsec. Pretty depressing smh

Draft Day Rewind: The SEC’s Pipelines To The Pros

When it comes to big movers there is no one in
the conference that compares with Tennessee’s
rapid decline. Over the past 20 years, the
Volunteers have produced 101 NFL draft picks,
tops in the league with Georgia. But 61 of those
selections came between 1993 and 2002. Since
’02 — and right about the time the Volunteers
began to decline on the field — UT has produced
just 39 draft picks. They’ve produced just 13 in
the past five seasons and just one last year. It’s
little wonder the Vols of the past decade have
looked very little like the Vols of the late-80s
through the early-2000s.

This is about to change. At least five this year. Four or more next year. And just look at the talent CBJ is bringing in... We're on the upswing.

This is about to change. At least five this year. Four or more next year. And just look at the talent CBJ is bringing in... We're on the upswing.

Not to mention JH, CP, Tyler Bray, Rivera, and Dallas Thomas are all sure draft picks this year.

Check out this breakdown of sec team's draft picks the last 20 years real quick at mrsec. Pretty depressing smh

Draft Day Rewind: The SEC’s Pipelines To The Pros

When it comes to big movers there is no once in
the conference that compares with Tennessee’s
rapid decline. Over the past 20 years, the
Volunteers have produced 101 NFL draft picks,
tops in the league with Georgia. But 61 of those
selections came between 1993 and 2002. Since
’02 — and right about the time the Volunteers
began to decline on the field — UT has produced
just 39 draft picks. They’ve produced just 13 in
the past five seasons and just one last year. It’s
little wonder the Vols of the past decade have
looked very little like the Vols of the late-80s
through the early-2000s.

It says we've had 7 1st rd picks from 03-12. Weren't all of those recruited by Fulmer?

Kiper has this order for WR
Austin
CP
JH.
K.Allen. That's all I could see.
I bet Da'Rick probably 5 or 6. I mean if it wasn't for the weed, I'd almost take him over the other two. Strong WR, not scared of taking routes of the middle. I think he will straighten out his head and be good. I definitely think he will be better than JH in the League and I really like JH, just needs to add some muscle, I understand what he was doing last year, guarding himself for this day.
I'm just happy we have a couple of guys that will go round 1, most likely anyways.
CP falls to the Colts, or they Draft Hunter. Or get a steal with Da'Rick later. Hahaha one can wish. I can't believe some people have CP falling to round 2, I understand his wonderlic score was low, but watch the tape. All I need. He will be able to handle a playbook.

SIAP, UT hired Mike Vollmar to replace David Blackburn as senior associate athletics director for football administration.

This guy came from Michigan. He has also worked at Bama while Hart was there, so there is the tie.

From a UT statement:

"Mike brings a wealth of first and knowledge and expertise to this role," said Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Dave Hart. "Our athletics program is fortunate to have him join our Executive Staff while also providing outstanding administrative leadership within our football program."

"It was an absolute privilege to work with Coach Hoke and the entire football staff at Michigan, and I'm very appreciative of the opportunity they afforded me," said Vollmar. "That said it is an honor for me and my family to join the University of Tennessee as I further my career professionally.

"Having worked with Dave Hart for three years previously, I am confident great things are in store for UT Athletics, and with the reputation Coach Jones has built in a short amount of time, I know Tennessee Football has a bright future as well. My family and I are excited to be Tennessee Volunteers."

Thats who some thought skeeter was... :unsure:

THANK YOU LORD that they are bringing the vests back at the draft. Don’t like the same color, but that’s just me. Kudos to Charles Davis for the three-piece with the pinstripes. Love everything but his tie. Was it too hard to find an orange one with CP and JH11 probably in the 1st round?

I’ve known about Coach Mahoney so long I forgot I knew him. We hated him at Tulane because their guys were always no worse than good. And frickin’ engineers and crap like that.

As much as it’s gonna bug the star-watchers, I don’t think he’s gonna change his spots. I get the feeling they’ll be 3-stars with the occasional 4-star. And exactly like Wisconsin has been doing, they’ll be churning out NFL draft picks.

There is one huge difference though now. As much as this guy's prgress speaks very favorably for Coach Mahoney in terms of player development, Mahoney is now in a position of not having to look under every nook and cranny for "diamond in the rough" players. With this staff, Tennessee will consistently bring in a higher caliber of athlete than he has previously had the opportunity to coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Skeeter just flew off like a fart in the wind
Pretty sure CP has a orange Power T on his belt buckle. He was getting interviewed and was quoted as liking fast cars and nice clothes lol. Keyshawn says he is the best WR this year. And somebody else said that's the player they worry about the most. Oh CP, wish you just stayed another year and picked number 1 next year.

CP looks like he got his clothes from the thrift shop. Or MI6 in 1979. Like I figured he would.

Somebody really needs to get a close-up picture of his belt.

CP looks like he got his clothes from the thrift shop. Or MI6 in 1979. Like I figured he would.

Somebody really needs to get a close-up picture of his belt.

Yeah I was thinking I saw orange T on there.
Where you think he lands punk? I think he ends up 20s. Probably Vikings, but hoping somehow the Colts get him.

Where you think he lands punk? I think he ends up 20s. Probably Vikings, but hoping somehow the Colts get him.

If he makes it to the 20's I will never forgive my bengals of they don't take him. Imagine him with green and sanu and Gresham! Would be insane!!! But we probably need a rb or lt if they don't feel good about smith...

He’s the Randy Moss of this draft. All I know is that 12-18 teams will wish they drafted him. I severely doubt the Colts draft him. And if Te’o is there, the Vikings will draft him. Vikings are rumored to be moving up anyways to get yet another ND product.

The Colts are going to go defense, regardless. Just like the Titans will go defense. And the Bills are said to have Austin as their pick if he’s there. Broncos will be going defense. But somebody who ISN’T supposed to draft CP WILL draft CP. That’s all I know.

And if there’s anybody from Alabama or USC left on the board, Paul Brown will draft them. It’s annoying. A good place for CP (or JH11 for that matter) to go. But probably won’t.

If Al Davis was still alive, I’d say the Raiders pick him at #3.

CBJ recruited the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft, just for all the CBJ haters that say he can't recruit.

Reactions: 1 person
He’s the Randy Moss of this draft. All I know is that 12-18 teams will wish they drafted him. I severely doubt the Colts draft him. And if Te’o is there, the Vikings will draft him. Vikings are rumored to be moving up anyways to get yet another ND product.

The Colts are going to go defense, regardless. Just like the Titans will go defense. And the Bills are said to have Austin as their pick if he’s there. Broncos will be going defense. But somebody who ISN’T supposed to draft CP WILL draft CP. That’s all I know.

And if there’s anybody from Alabama or USC left on the board, Paul Brown will draft them. It’s annoying. A good place for CP (or JH11 for that matter) to go. But probably won’t.

If Al Davis was still alive, I’d say the Raiders pick him at #3.

No clue about their needs, but CP is worthy of that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back