CPF is the Featured speaker for today's coaching clinic

Irrational, he drove the program into a ditch, making excuse after excuse while doing it!

I'm not talking about Urban Meyer, try and keep up. I'm talking about the guy that singlehandedly
destroyed UT football. That cannot be challenged. Do you think Kiffin is responsible for where we
are now? :lolabove:

Oh yeah, no wonder a segment of our fan base is considered internet idiots. You're romanticism of
Mark Richt the 1st will do it everytime. And I'm not using 98' to prove Fulmer was worthless, there's plenty
of other examples, we just were extremely FORTUNATE that year. That cannot be argued either. Sorry.

Hell yeah it's irrational. You tried to discount the '98 season by saying/implying that Fulmer lucked into it. I simply gave you one very recent example of how virtually ALL national championship teams have to have some good fortune over the course of a season to win it all and I did it with the original example you used ....Urban and Ohio State. And by the way.... who the hell said anything about Mark Richt?? Not me chief. Also, you talk about how fortunate we were in 1998....was Fulmer just "fortunate" during his other 15 seasons when he went 138-52? Give us the lowdown there too would ya??

Anybody with any sense and intellectual honesty knows that Fulmer fell off his last 3-4 years both in terms of his record and the talent he brought in. Hell, after 2008, I was ready for a change, ready for him to move on. However, because I have a lick of sense and appreciation for our program's history, I didn't see the need to go back and tear down a great accomplishment (1998 undefeated & NC season) and a great career because of some IRRATIONAL dislike for the man.

You've not proved anything with your posts.... other than a very childish, shortsighted and petty mindset

Reactions: 4 people
You've not proved anything with your posts.... other than a very childish, shortsighted and petty mindset

Oh how wrong you are, KB. He most certainly proved something with his post. He proved that after seven years of firing a NC coach mid season after making a trip to the SECCG, we still have delusional fans that are scratching their heads trying to figure out what went wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh how wrong you are, KB. He most certainly proved something with his post. He proved that after seven years of firing a NC coach mid season after making a trip to the SECCG, we still have delusional fans that are scratching their heads trying to figure out what went wrong.

True. Didn't consider that angle.

Most of the posters here are clearly younger than 30. If you lived thru the years of losing to alabubba.. 11 in a row I might add. 82 thru 86 we won and didn't win again till CPF did in 95. I lived thru the constant losing to them and the barn... In those years we played both bama and auburn every year. CJM did a good job at UT but lacked the ability to close the deal. Not only did CPF close the deal he was 152 52 in his time at Tennessee. I too found his decline hard to accept. I had been spoiled by the accomplishments during his time. I have said before the programs down turn can be attributed to several things out of his control. Losing Joe Johnson, Doug Dickey and replacing them with folks who had little or no idea what they were doing. Do yourselves a favor, go back to 1968.... study up on Tennessee football... then post something. I lived thru it.... CPF is by far the second best coach Tennessee football has ever had!

Most of the posters here are clearly younger than 30. If you lived thru the years of losing to alabubba.. 11 in a row I might add. 82 thru 86 we won and didn't win again till CPF did in 95. I lived thru the constant losing to them and the barn... In those years we played both bama and auburn every year. CJM did a good job at UT but lacked the ability to close the deal. Not only did CPF close the deal he was 152 52 in his time at Tennessee. I too found his decline hard to accept. I had been spoiled by the accomplishments during his time. I have said before the programs down turn can be attributed to several things out of his control. Losing Joe Johnson, Doug Dickey and replacing them with folks who had little or no idea what they were doing. Do yourselves a favor, go back to 1968.... study up on Tennessee football... then post something. I lived thru it.... CPF is by far the second best coach Tennessee football has ever had!

Hands. Down. Very well and accurately said.

Reactions: 1 person
Hoptownvol, you are an IDIOT! With every post you continue to prove the what have you done for me lately concept that got this program in trouble.
During the 1980s CPF brought some of the best o lines in our history. He was a top recruiter and was promoted to offensive coordinator by majors. In 1990 a 9/6 loss to alabubba killed our season. That team is one of the best teams Tennessee ever fielded. Go back and look at the roster... Majors couldn't beat bama. As the 90 s rolled on the talent got much better and so did the offense. We destroyed the ole ball sack several times 45/3 in the rain for one. As Majors made his way out after coming back and hurting what CPF had done in his absence he was let go. After a tie with bama and a loss in 94 CFP owned them. I remember saying we could lose every game as long as we beat bama... because we lost to them every year. CPF TURNED THAT AROUND! He promoted Chavis and began a string of years worth dominant defense that will be hard to recreate! CPF struggled to beat Fl... Fl with all those great teams couldn't beat FL state that's why they only had one championship during those years... 1996. Dominated GA Au wins over ND Mich Wis Miami Ucla the list goes on and on. It wasn't until fans like you decided along with a idiot named Hamilton that Tennessee needed a hot young coach like Meyer. While at fl he got a once in a lifetime shot of talent that followed Tebow and won. After Tebow the pressure was so great he bailed. But by that time fans like you had won out and we got kiffin.... I said all that to say this every coach has had that one team Bryant... ND.. Paterno... Bryant except 1 game. CPF .... Fl.... Bowden....Miami. I damn sure would've liked to given CPF a chance to turn things around instead of going thru what we have gone thru since he was fired. We know have a coach with similar beliefs in family and development of men not just football. And after all we have been thru the academic side of our school finally is seeing that football does indeed set the tone. And handcuffing the program by taking money and resources from football that was unprecedented in the last few years of CPF tenure hurt our school and program. You must have a AD that understands athletics. Hamilton had no clue. And while we were busy watching them destroy our football program the very school we worked so hard to beat only got stronger in our absence... alabubba!

Reactions: 2 people
CPF spent a lifetime working for Tennessee... Except for a few years coaching elsewhere he played and worked at Tennessee his whole adult life. He is a HOF coach.. a NC coach.. and a VFL. He deserved better than he got from his school. You don't treat a person that way and not feel the repercussions from it! You feel it yet... I damn sure DO! Finally we have a coach with similar values and work ethic as the one we let go! I'm done putting you in your place now! Post away my fair weather friend!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back