Couple of crazy rumors floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumors could be true, or it could be disgruntled family members. What's obvious is that something has happened inside the football program that has caused a major disconnect with the players, it's been visible since the BGSU game. This is not the same team as last year period.

It happened. 100% not 99%

Forgive me for my skepticism, and he also verbally assaulted Marcus Jackson as well? IF this is the case, why do 99.9% of the players past and present approve of Jones? Did these incidents not occur in front of the team? These said players confided in you and not their teammates or other coaches?

Reactions: 1 person
Shame on him for not "leaking" the latest insider news on a message board for likes.

And you miss the point.

He has leaked it. What was he waiting on. If something this bad went on, what was he waiting on? He wants to assure everyone this 100% happened. What took him so long?

Forgive me for my skepticism, and he also verbally assaulted Marcus Jackson as well? IF this is the case, why do 99.9% of the players past and present approve of Jones? Did these incidents not occur in front of the team? These said players confided in you and not their teammates or other coaches?

Where are you getting your 99.9% figure?

Reactions: 3 people

It was mentioned somewhere that some VFLs were removed from the sideline last night. So I would say 99.9% past players approve of him.

And you waited how long before bringing this to our attention?

I'm guessing the relationship between a coach with a bad temper and a player is complicated. If your dad lost his temper and punched you in the stomach, do you go to the law immediately? You might, but I doubt it. Especially if he'd never hit you before. It's certainly not a slam dunk that you do. It's very understandable why Crowder and co. wouldn't have ratted out Butch.

It's also understandable (though certainly not admirable and fairly shady) why well-connected people would wait until the writing was on the wall to bring this to light. Butch lost it once in practice. The question is whther it was worth derailing a program and tenure that everyone had such high hopes for in the preseason. Now that they realize there isn't much to salvage, they drop the hammer. Again, while it's not the most ethical course, it's certainly logical.

Reactions: 7 people
Sit down, my son. Let me explain to you how the support of a winning coach works, versus that of a losing one.

It happened. 100% not 99%

There you have it. I will continue to believe this until it is publicly denied by Crowder or his parents. That is the only thing to squash this rumor.

All VQ reports or UT PR statements are going to be subjective and fully vetted by the program and spun to contain this as much as possible.

There would have been dozens of witnesses to the incident. I'm just looking for some sort of confirmation from someone not directly affected/involved

Understand, but that being reported by a player or someone within the athletic department would be akin to calling a code red. You'd be committing suicide within the program, no?

Reactions: 3 people
It's bad enough that so many called Mack Crowder's character into question when he was told to sit out practice even though he felt fine. To those of you that did. Shame on you. I alluded to something in an earlier post but was asked to not to talk about it. Again, credit to honor beyond due.

This happened. The description posted earlier is pretty accurate. Glad somebody decided it needed reported.

This post has hit home, we think our coaches have put us through it with wins and losses, bad coaching etc. Then here sits this young man and his family that has read about all the insults to his character, questioning his ability and dedication, then this comes out. It just goes to show how things get out of control on here. If I ever said anything about Crowder I am sorry. I don't think I have but still, I apologize for all volnation.

This has made me sick to my stomach, I think I am gonna stay off here till next game.

Reactions: 2 people
The rumors could be true, or it could be disgruntled family members. What's obvious is that something has happened inside the football program that has caused a major disconnect with the players, it's been visible since the BGSU game. This is not the same team as last year period.

If you recall, players were quitting at the end of last season because of Jones's temper and treatment of them.

There was already something bad in the water.

And you miss the point.

He has leaked it. What was he waiting on. If something this bad went on, what was he waiting on? He wants to assure everyone this 100% happened. What took him so long?

He has responded to threads that have brought up the topic. Not a big deal imo.

I'm guessing the relationship between a coach with a bad temper and a player is complicated. If your dad lost his temper and punched you in the stomach, do you go to the law immediately? You might, but I doubt it. Especially if he'd never hit you before. It's certainly not a slam dunk that you do. It's very understandable why Crowder and co. wouldn't have ratted out Butch.

It's also understandable (though certainly not admirable and fairly shady) why well-connected people would wait until the writing was on the wall to bring this to light. Butch lost it once in practice. The question is whther it was worth derailing a program and tenure that everyone had such high hopes for in the preseason. Now that they realize there isn't much to salvage, they drop the hammer. Again, while it's not the most ethical course, it's certainly logical.

There's also the fact that people are far more likely to believe that things like that could have happened when things go south for the coach.

The rumors about an altercation between Butch and Crowder existed during fall camp but they were immediately dismissed. They would also be dismissed if we were even 3-2 right now. But we are 2-3 and everyone hates Butch and is open to hearing about terrible things he did.

He isnt going to anyone. He is running his mouth on a message board.

Jalens mom retweeted something critical of Butch last night, but it's gone now. Last week, TK Jr tweeted he was sick and tired of being sick and tired before it was also removed. People are fed up.

I can't allude to Hurd's mom but TKJr was actually sick. That's probably what he was taking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back