Couple of crazy rumors floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing out at this point that points to this as the likely truth. Lots of stuff on both sides

While it's likely not true Butch definitely has had multiple heated outburst in the past. Along with multiple players leaving. Can't have depth if you run off all your players.

Can't picture CBJ throwing away a lifetime's worth of work over a subpar backup center during preseason camp when we were 0-0 and expectations were through the roof and everyone loved him.

So, yeah, not buying it.

Let's talk about how crappy his team is playing and be smarter than to fall for some garbage spewing by upset family members of a less than adequate player.

People do it all the time... talented athletes and entertainers with drugs, married couples and affairs, unethical business deals...

That argument carries no weight IMO.

If LWS is supporting this, then I believe it has truth in it.

Also would not be beyond belief in that it was initially covered up due to the amount if hype and high expectations for the year. Since these obviously will not be met, now gives an opportunity to fire "with cause" and void any buyout.

Next few weeks will be very telling. If it is true, need to cut out the cancer. That is NOT what UT football is about.

Reactions: 1 person
Is there a neutral party? Pretty emotional times around here...

There would have been dozens of witnesses to the incident. I'm just looking for some sort of confirmation from someone not directly affected/involved

There is nothing out at this point that points to this as the likely truth. Lots of stuff on both sides

So it is your opinion or do you know something not posted in this thread?

You have been around a long time pj. Iyo., why would Steelervol, solid poster, post this is true, if it werent.

Why would LWS, solid poster, mention it if the story does not have legs?

Most posters are FOS while a few,very few, are solid concerning the program.

I do not know if it is true or not but I put a tremendous amount of stock into what LWS says.

Reactions: 3 people
No he's not. There's a reason I asked you that if it turned out to be factual, if you would consider yourself an idiot for dismissing it out of hand. Not calling you an idiot. Just hinting to you that it's more likely that it's factual than not.

There is nothing factual about this rumor other than it being a rumor, IF he did it then he deserves to be fired. Of course I dismiss it as being true, it's not something that happens very often and it's also not something you should accuse someone of if it isn't true. People can lose their
jobs over much less and regardless of what happens on the field he still has a family at home. Making up a rumor that he punched a player simply because you do not like him is a doucher move.

Supposedly he knows Marcus Jackson and apparently he was verbally assaulted by Jones as well according to Steeler. Seems to me we either have Ike Turner running our program or Steeler has an ax to grind. He isn't the only one that knows former players or current players.

Sounds like the former player support is falling apart on the coaching end.

You have been around a long time pj. Iyo., why would Steelervol, solid poster, post this is true, if it werent.

I do not know if it is true or not but I put a tremendous amount of stock into what LWS says.

Steeler is close to the family. Lws only said he had heard the rumor but confirmed nothing.

I'm just saying I've seen enough to believe it's very possible someone with an agenda is leading the charge

The "Caretaker of Tennessee Football"

$(KGrHqIOKi4E4jPrpJ80BOVEw30)BQ~~48_35.JPG

Supposedly he knows Marcus Jackson and apparently he was verbally assaulted by Jones as well according to Steeler. Seems to me we either have Ike Turner running our program or Steeler has an ax to grind. He isn't the only one that knows former players or current players.

Not Ike Turner. He's dead.

ue

LWS never said it was true, there is a big difference in what he said and him corroborating it.

Steeler is close to the family. Lws only said he had heard the rumor but confirmed nothing.

I'm just saying I've seen enough to believe it's very possible someone with an agenda is leading the charge

Gotcha. ... thanks pj

Media access has nothing to do with it. The team normally films every thing.

I could be wrong but I don't think they film everything at every practice.

If they do then you're right. Should be pretty simply to confirm or deny.

There is nothing factual about this rumor other than it being a rumor, IF he did it then he deserves to be fired. Of course I dismiss it as being true, it's not something that happens very often and it's also not something you should accuse someone of if it isn't true. People can lose their
jobs over much less and regardless of what happens on the field he still has a family at home. Making up a rumor that he punched a player simply because you do not like h7im is a doucher move.

It happened. 100% not 99%

Reactions: 15 people

From a Vols special: There are seven cameras (more than most NFL teams)
filming every practice from the time they take the field through several moments after.
All film is kept for study purposes.

Everything is impossible but I believe most drills in preseason get filmed for evaluation.

Deer Park could tell us exactly what does get on film but I doubt he touches this thread with a ten foot pole. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back