Couple of crazy rumors floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as Butch seems to be, losing our HC mid season would be a complete disaster. Who would be interim? Debord? Not suggesting he doesn't deserve it if the Crowder rumor is true, but this could turn out very bad for us. I wouldn't be so giddy about this rumor if I were some of you. I'm off the Butch bandwagon too, but things like this could set us back years again.

A competent AD would have wind of it already but wouldn't mention it to Butch.

At this point, they would go into wait and see mode. If we're 2-5 after UGA and Bama (99% chance), begin preparing for the inevitable meeting with Jones. After the Vandy game, sit down with him and present the evidence they've collected.

Give him the option to step down (and forego his buyout) while keeping the incident under wraps. Butch lives to coach another day somewhere else with his reputation as a great mid-major coach intact. If he doesn't play ball, fire him for cause and publicize what actually happened.

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty sure my first google search after the hire was Butch Davis :lolabove:

This whole situation is sad
It's Bad if it's a rumor and the kid and the coach both have to respond to it and it's worse if it's true

I do think Jones has been a great recruiter and representive for the College his game day coaching needs work, but this if true sets the program back again

Even with the loses this year I still think we're making progress and feel better about the program than with Dooley here

:thud: Now it's a conspiracy covered up by Volquest. The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me.

He also was called out by a couple of VQ members. He finally responded and he admitted to having to "protect relationships" that have been built. So yes, it's entirely possible they're reporting what they're told to report.

Reactions: 8 people
It's Bad if it's a rumor and the kid and the coach both have to respond to it and it's worse if it's true

I do think Jones has been a great recruiter and representive for the College his game day coaching needs work, but this if true sets the program back again

Even with the loses this year I still think we're making progress and feel better about the program than with Dooley here

That's a lonely island to be on my friend.

This is the dumbest thing ever.

I love how as soon as a coach looks like he is in jepoardy of losing his job all these rumors suggest he was a total douche to begin with.

Some of yall need to realize that if this were true, then it would be best if it were handled quietly. We dont want this sort of national attention. Show Jones the door, but make sure it's a new AD showing him the door and not Dave Hart. We need to get rid of Dave Hart before we make another coaching decision. Period.

Too late for that; other teams' boards already have threads about it... only a matter of time before the regular sports press does their typical investigative work of perusing team message boards for stories.

Reactions: 1 person
Some of you makeup crap just to make yourselves feel good, yeah Steeler is never wrong and LWS never said it was true. You act as if Steeler is the only person who may or may not know an ex-player. There are parents of players on here and one would think if they played for a physically abusive coach they would speak out considering their son plays here but then again logic is short supply these days. I am sure he ninja kicked North and chest slapped Pig which is why they both didn't play yesterday. I heard it happened.

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that "steeler" Is a member of the Crowder family. Or a very close friend.

If this is true then purely from an outsider's perspective it sounds to me like Crowder and the veteran OL aren't very tough mentally or physically.

My 7th grade football coach used to have us hit him in the stomach while he smacked our helmets.

Your 7th grade football coach could get more out of this O line than Mahoney.

He also was called out by a couple of VQ members. He finally responded and he admitted to having to "protect relationships" that have been built. So yes, it's entirely possible they're reporting what they're told to report.

It's also entirely possible aliens exist but it doesn't make it true. You don't punch a player and keep it a secret very long even if you are a great coach; see Bobby Knight, Mike Leach, and Woody Hayes

:thud: Now it's a conspiracy covered up by Volquest. The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Your so sure it's not true, if it turns out that it is, would you be considered an idiot for dismissing it out of hand?

Just asking.

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that "steeler" Is a member of the Crowder family. Or a very close friend.

Which seems to be the only group truly interested in something like this coming out.

Still haven't seen anything from a neutral party

Reactions: 3 people
Pretty sure my first google search after the hire was Butch Davis :lolabove:

This is the dumbest thing ever.

I love how as soon as a coach looks like he is in jepoardy of losing his job all these rumors suggest he was a total douche to begin with.

He's always been a douche. It's just that nobody cared until now because they thought he would be a winning douche. Now that we know he's a douche and a loser there is no longer any reason to hide it.

Reactions: 4 people

Supposedly he knows Marcus Jackson and apparently he was verbally assaulted by Jones as well according to Steeler. Seems to me we either have Ike Turner running our program or Steeler has an ax to grind. He isn't the only one that knows former players or current players.

He's always been a douche. It's just that nobody cared until now because they thought he would be a winning douche. Now that we know he's a douche and a loser there is no longer any reason to hide it.

It's the same thing that happened with Dooley. I imagine there is a list of questionable incidents involving Nick Saban that runs a mile long, but they won't see the light of day while he's winning big in Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back