Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!

You may be safe here but I think everyone will come to Thompson Boiling to see some good basketball this year. It will be a reprieve from mess they've seen on the field. I'm just hoping that the team gels early this year with all the newcomers.

I go to about 10 or so games a year, I hope so.

Tried finding a link(with no luck), but Hyams had an interview with Darrington and Daniels today. Darrington sounds like a leader(vocally). I have zero evidence other than hearing him talk. But I think Daniels may be the on court leader. Like both those guys and haven't seen them play a game yet.

I've seen some discussion about Bones playing time(and unless he's improved his shot, creating for others and finish around the bucket I dont see him getting a ton this yr) but I think these two dudes will help with his development, even if he doesn't see a ton of minutes this yr.

BTW Hyams if you happen to look at this site, please don't ask our players what they think about where they're predicted to finish. Darrington had no clue, unless he's the best sounding liar ever.(and had a dejected sound to him) But Darrington did say he's never finished 11th in any conference, district or league he's played in, and that he just got additional motivation to make sure that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Although Kent likely redshirts, this might be TN's best group of post passers in a long time. Walker, Fulkerson, and Kent are all excellent. Williams was very good at hitting Fulkerson cutting to the basket, but IMO he struggled early in the 2nd half of last season once opponents pressured him with DTs.

I'm beginning to think the Walker hype is getting out of control.

I worried the same for awhile early on, but a few things gave me optimism...he was a walking double double in Europe, sure competition was debatable but his numbers were consistently better than Alexander. Then in the first open practice the other day many who viewed it said that he was very good down low and the only post guy who could give Williams any sort of resistance.

I think that Walker is a very physical presence in the paint that's been absent from the last couple of teams. Kind of like Kasongo, but a better passer. IMO his deficiencies were finishing at the basket, inconsistent foul shooting, and he plays with so much energy he got worn down after a couple of minutes. He resembles Maymon initiating fast breaks. He throws down monster, gym rattling dunks. He seems to have an outstanding attitude and is very smart. He's a freshman though... don't expect him to carry the team this year.

VN Store

Back