Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!

He wasn't 100% healed from ankle injury which is why he didn't play in RTL or Europe, however Europe was more a precautionary thing. He's been full go since they got back and is near or at 100%, should be good to go unless he re-injures it.

Good to hear. I'm starting to get really excited about this upcoming season.

And surprise, surprise. Basilio continues to be a dick today because a caller saw Barnes on a commercial flight and he wasn't wearing orange. The guy is worth tens of millions of dollars and is flying commercial... it makes sense to try to not stand out and be a target for the idiots out in the world.

Then Basilio continues to be an ass wipe about no top 100s having been signed yet. I don't care if Pons, Walker, Darrington, Daniel, and Kent aren't rated higher... that is a very good class of signees.

And surprise, surprise. Basilio continues to be a dick today because a caller saw Barnes on a commercial flight and he wasn't wearing orange. The guy is worth tens of millions of dollars and is flying commercial... it makes sense to try to not stand out and be a target for the idiots out in the world.

Then Basilio continues to be an ass wipe about no top 100s having been signed yet. I don't care if Pons, Walker, Darrington, Daniel, and Kent aren't rated higher... that is a very good class of signees.

Pons was ranked top 75 according to 247, Basilio just wants to continue to show his ass.

Pons was ranked top 75 according to 247, Basilio just wants to continue to show his ass.

I doubt if Basilio can name half the roster. I defended him for years... but with his constant attacks of Barnes and the Haslams, I can't do that anymore. His level of mis-information dissemination is off the charts. And he now aggressively solicits "tips" for his rhetoric.

Last edited:
I doubt if Basilio can name half the roster. I defended him for years... but with his constant attacks of Barnes and the Haslams, I can't do that anymore. His level of mid-information dissemination is off the charts. And he now aggressively solicits "tips" for his rhetoric.

Basilio is just salty that Barnes won't go on his terrible show. He's about to be eating so much crow this year.

Basilio is just salty that Barnes won't go on his terrible show. He's about to be eating so much crow this year.

I think so too. Barnes added just what the DR ordered in the off season.
Closest yet to one of his successful teams at TX. Plenty of perimeter threats and some good front court guys, especially if Walker blooms quickly.

42 days

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjReoVKsh20&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Looking forward to it. So what are the expectations in year 3? NCAA bid? 20 wins? If not, is Barnes seat as hot as Butch ?

Looking forward to it. So what are the expectations in year 3? NCAA bid? 20 wins? If not, is Barnes seat as hot as Butch ?

IMO, top half of the SEC and on the NCAAT bubble IF there aren't injuries and/or suspensions. It's a good, deep, (but young) roster with pretty good experience. The SEC is a log jam though. There are a lot of teams with similar talent. Barnes is one of the better coaches, so they could gel and do some damage. Getting to at least the NIT seems critical and then winning a couple of games. Really the keys are how much do the 5 or 6 new guys contribute, are Fulkerson, Daniel, Bowden, and Johnson (and Turner & Bone) back from their injuries and at full speed (and how soon), and have the returnees improved? I've never seen so many possible combinations to put on the court. I hope that they can play well at a very fast pace.

Reactions: 1 person
Only 4 of the 13 scholarship players are upperclassmen. Anything could happen. But one of the 4 sophomores and two of the freshmen have redshirt years too. There's more experience than you'd expect from 1 SR, 3 JRs, 4 SOs, and 5 FR. But then again, it's year 1 at TN for the senior, year 1 for a junior, and this is only about the 5th year of organized ball by another junior. Schofield has the most experience as a basketball player/in the program, but he also had to be suspended last year (but he seems to have really responded very well to it)... it's going to be a very unpredictable year. They could win anywhere from about 10 to 20+ games.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think I've looked forward to basketball season more than any time in my life. I really feel that we will surprise and run some teams out of the gym this season. We have a lot of talent this year and unlike the football team, we actually have a coach that knows what to do with it. Show no mercy Coach Barnes!

I am excited! Can't wait. This Team goes to the NCAA Tourney. He is recruiting 4 year players. that's better than a five star one a done. IMO
Go Vols!

36 days ....It’s about Tennessee lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlI_KGmWdTM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

35 days... swiperboy making me a fan for life

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMVQ_cPGhQ&app=desktop[/youtube]

VN Store

Back