Could someone please tell me?

Dan Mullen is an experienced and good football coach. He’s not Saban or Meyer, but still very good.

I know Dan Mullen is a good football coach because he’s made Franks into a serviceable SEC QB. If you told me Franks would be merely average at this point in the season, I would have been skeptical.

Granted, UF is a few “Franks being Franks” moments from losing to Mizzou, South Carolina and FSU. But I don’t cringe every time he drops back to pass...unlike last year.

Last edited:
The LOS play has never been the same since Fulmer, Chavez, Cutcliff departed.
During Phil's last 4 years or so, the LOS play was better than today (that isn't saying much) but still nothing to write home about. Cutcliffe came in and restored some order in 2006 and 2007 but the 2005 and 2008 offenses were atrocious.

I know Dan Mullen is a good football coach because he’s made Franks into a serviceable SEC QB. If you told me Franks would be merely average at this point in the season, I would have been skeptical.

Granted, UF is a few “Franks being Franks” moments to lose to Mizzou, South Carolina and FSU. But I don’t cringe every time he drops back to pass...unlike last year.

3rd and 7 is no longer a sure bet to land on America's Funniest Videos.

During Phil's last 4 years or so, the LOS play was better than today (that isn't saying much) but still nothing to write home about. Cutcliffe came in and restored some order in 2006 and 2007 but the 2005 and 2008 offenses were atrocious.
The defensive line was still pretty good in '05 and '06... Parys Harrelson, Jesse Mahelona, Justin Harrell, Turk McBride, Tony McDaniel, Xavier Mitchell. The offensive lines were atrocious.

Who were the line coaches that Butch canned or Dools...

We have had zero coaching on the LOS both sides since those three left....I don't know for the world how CBJ thought we could survive without strength in the trenches.

Then Dools on recruited OL in year 1 or 2 or year 0 whatever....Add to the numerous OL coaches we turned over and DL coaches leaves no doubt that is where we stand

Teams in the SEC will know our backsides off the ball both ways they have done for the last 3-4 years. We have skill players with talent but we don't have the trench warriors we need... Blame goes to Mr Lovemyself Jones who could recruit talent but could not coach the ones he got....all about show.

Last edited:
Pruitt has zero success.as.a.head coach, far different than being a head coach. While we dont have the best talent, our coaching staff certainly isnt getting the most of it.

That's the difference.
Oh you'll watch the plays (defensively) we're calling the right play. Players can't execute and no matter how much you teach, some players just can't do. We need to get the players on here on defense.

Offense, who the hell knows what's going on. It's a cluster of poor o line and play calling

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Who were the line coaches that Butch canned or Dools...

We have had zero coaching on the LOS both sides since those three left....I don't know for the world how CBJ thought we could survive without strength in the trenches.

Then Dools on recruited OL in year 1 or 2 or year 0 whatever....Add to the numerous OL coaches we turned over and DL coaches leaves no doubt that is where we stand

Teams in the SEC will know our backsides off the ball both ways they have done for the last 3-4 years. We have skill players with talent but we don't have the trench warriors we need... Blame goes to Mr Lovemyself Jones who could recruit talent but could not coach the ones he got....all about show.
Buch thought the smaller, faster guys could get out in space quicker and make blocks. But he forgot about engagement all together lol

I know that even though we look like a MAC team at best and are slowly improving, Florida is 5-1 and beat a freaking Top 5 team in LSU while we keep getting creamed by Top 25 opponents.

This is one reason I hate Florida. They were almost identical to us talent and record wise last year and are contenders for the SEC East while we are trying to climb out of the bottom. Just like in 2013 when they were 4-8, and they fielded a better team next season.

So someone please tell me how the Gators go from being one of the worst SEC teams one year to one of the best while we may not even make it out of the cellar of the conference for a while.
Fla talent and evals maybe

We have 3 stars turning out to be studs

Jachai Polite
Jabari Zuniga
Vosean Joseph

All 3 stars that looked like nfl pass rushers yesterday while ironically our lone 5 star CeCe Jefferson is rather average

UF came into the year knowing they had a few strong position groups

Edge rusher
WR
RB

And they have definitely exceeded expectations

Mullen also got 3 big transfers that have played well for us this year in Jefferson, Grimes, and Schuler

Last edited:
The biggest difference, as others have pointed out, is trajectory. You can see UF improving week over week. The effect of good coaching is evident. And you get a couple of wins, and it builds on itself because the players buy in and recruiting builds momentum.

I do agree Mullen has inherited a better situation than Pruitt. But that's not Pruitt's fault. It just means it will take longer to turn the ship around.

Florida is in a better situation than us right now. Better talent that was somewhat coached up before Mulen arrived. Not as tall an order as what Coach Pruitt came into. Also Kentucky is no joke and we have yet to play them. I think the east is finally catching up with the west but we need to take our place back. It was fun when we were beating each other up. We will be able to compete with anyone in a couple of years.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
That happens when you hire a coach who has been a successful head coach in the SEC.
Yeah but that is a rare occurrence. Saban, Spurrier, now Mullen. Going back 20 years and I’m already running out of names.

Kentucky game is probably a blessing at this point
For you guys its probably better for that streak to end this way than for them to spoil a season when you have high expectations. In 2012 Tennessee's loss to Kentucky. The only silver lining was at least it didnt happen in a year was like 10-0 in BCS hunt.

Reactions: QU1ZE
One of the reasons I post is because if people want to they can look back on things I said and point out contradictions if they want.

I said numerous times this season, that Florida and Tennessee are bad football teams until they prove they aren’t.

My expectations this season were not high. I even stated in my Tennessee prediction thread to enjoy a win because neither team may not win again until November. Florida has actually won the next two weeks. For 10 wins to be a realistic possibility and it is now, (particularly including a bowl game) is something far beyond anything I expected.

Have fun throwing anything out there you want, but it’s really not going to bother anyone particularly today.

I am watching football each week knowing that good things CAN happen. Doesn’t mean they do. Doesn’t mean there won’t be WTH moments the rest of the season. But, we’re not a joke this year.
I am not surprised by UF’s success. I probably would’ve said beat KY and maybe lose to LSU but I figured them to be about a 8-4 or 9-3 team. Good schedule and good coach.

I would argue that they have the same talent as we do.
They do. Their team just wasn't as scarred by the previous coaching staff though. I'm not in the locker room but there has to be a tremendous amount of disillusionment on our team. The 2017 and 2016 seasons were huge disappointments. Florida had an awful season in 2017 too, but at least they won the East in 2015 and 2016. There are guys on that team that have had some decent success.

What Mullen is doing this year with Franks reminds me a lot of what Kiffin did with Crompton, and Franks isn't even the type of QB Mullen would like to have. Mullen still needs to recruit better, but the guy is a really good tactical coach. You don't go 69-46 at Miss St without knowing how to tactically coach and get the most out of guys.

I don't know what you are talking about. The general consensus was that Florida without Will Grier was dog squeeze. I repeatedly have referred to Florida winning the East those two seasons as being the tallest midget.
Those are called regular people. Sorry, it’s a line from My Name is Earl. Couldn’t help it.

Oh, vicious bump. It does make you wonder how pruitthaslanded is doing.

VN Store

Back