cornbread Alert JP is back

There’s no way he doesn’t get a show-cause . He and his wife both gave cash to players and their families. You can’t even do that now .

Correction, the NCAA listened to Sankey... he said it's not show cause, it's show cash, so ok

I don’t think the NCAA will touch it at this point. I bet they’ve been told behind the scenes to stay out of the way by multiple schools.
They just sent Michigan a notice of allegations concerning violations far less severe than what Pruitt has admitted to.

This would be GREAT news, if sister loving Bama was able to hire JP, it would mean no way could UT get more than a $50 slap on the wrist.

I doubt he will get hired back. With the violations that went on he will have to get cleared by the NCAA and I don’t see that happening without behaving a show clause and recruiting restrictions for at least a year.

I doubt him getting recruiting restrictions would really matter much.

I mean in the bitter end, how hard does Alabama really have to recruit by this point? All Big Daddy Saban has to do is show up, ask the recruit to open the door for him because he can't move a doorknob with all those championship rings he's wearing and Bama is gonna get most of the guys they want. This is assuming all the financials are in order and these days they don't even have to be sly about it.

Kirby is the only one who could probably even compete with Saban routinely for recruits at this point of time.

Clemson is yesterday's news and quite frankly tOSU with Day hasn't shown the ability to win a game with everything on the line-yet. Honestly they were regressing the last few years Urban was there

I knew this guy was a waste when they hired him & he proved me right vs WV in his first game. I’ve never seen a team less emotional to play for a new coach. They should have fired his worthless ass that night

Would be shocked to see him as a DC at Bama right out the gate. One with the show cause he will likely receive and two why make the guy DC? With the stink he has on him you could bring him in as an analyst for almost nothing.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Would be shocked to see him as a DC at Bama right out the gate. One with the show cause he will likely receive and two why make the guy DC? With the stink he has on him you could bring him in as an analyst for almost nothing.

No way NCAA would allow JP to be involved as a case is pending or during any sanctions.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I agree.

Feel like he gets too much hate here. Of the "bad coach trilogy", he was probably the least bad of the bunch. He recruited reasonably well and developed the players. He just sucked at being a HC and particularly sucked at offensive strategy and cheating (which I'm sure Saban and Kirby are doing as well --- they are just much better at it).

He's a great DC, though, so if Bama hires him, that's bad for us.

He has had some good results, with I would say was among the top 5 teams loaded with 5 & 4 stars that they picked through. Where else in a G5 or a P5 other than Bama. FSU & UGA has he had success coaching as a DC. He was terrible at UT and he had his hand in on the D.
Guess what no matter who Bamas DC is next year they will be very good. They have if not the top, the top 3 set of D players it’s not Rocket science so Cornbread will actually look coherent.

If all you need to be a great defensive coordinator is 4 & 5 stars why have Alabama fans been wanting rid of Golding all season long? They're not guaranteed success just by hiring any warm body for a DC. I'm not taking up for Pruitt but let's be honest here, we were a dumpster fire of a program before he got here then also while he was here and he didn't have whatever it takes to turn a program around. He wasn't head coach material but he was a great DC.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
And here we go.......

Pruitt slithers back to Bama with no penalties when he was the one managing everything.

NCAA will probably drop the hammer in TN next week or some crap. They couldn't do it during the season because we were too good of a story.
Actually, this makes it pretty unlikely they can do much of anything to UT.

VN Store

Back