cornbread Alert JP is back

I’ll probably get stoned for this, but he isn’t a bad position coach/DC. I think the head coaching role was too much for him at this level, and it did not allow him to do the part of the job he enjoyed doing. Some people aren’t made for some things, and I don’t hold that against him.

I’ll probably get stoned for this, but he isn’t a bad position coach/DC. I think the head coaching role was too much for him at this level, and it did not allow him to do the part of the job he enjoyed doing. Some people aren’t made for some things, and I don’t hold that against him.
No need for drugs. Perfectly credible take on your part. Doubt this is in the scope of Saban’s power tho. He couldn’t get clearance to hire Hugh Freeze and he had served his show cause.

And here we go.......

Pruitt slithers back to Bama with no penalties when he was the one managing everything.

NCAA will probably drop the hammer in TN next week or some crap. They couldn't do it during the season because we were too good of a story.

And here we go.......

Pruitt slithers back to Bama with no penalties when he was the one managing everything.

NCAA will probably drop the hammer in TN next week or some crap. They couldn't do it during the season because we were too good of a story.
I don’t think the NCAA will touch it at this point. I bet they’ve been told behind the scenes to stay out of the way by multiple schools.

I wonder if Bama hires him even with a "show cause" and takes the penalties?

It's a sure bet the NCAA won't let him recruit but that's not a big deal for Saban. What else can they do? A $200-300k fine from the NCAA isn't going to really hurt Bama either.

Is there a precedent for a school hiring a "show cause" coach?

Edit: I looked. There have been cases where a "show cause" coach was hired and has to sit out 5-6 games, etc. That might be a bridge too far for Saban.

Last edited:
I know this is old but my point is this: coaches who lead these elite programs have to be much more than just a coach. They have to be a CEO of a $100 million dollar business. At this level, X's and O's are simply a function of a larger mechanism. I would not let Cornbread run my lemonade stand. That said, he might be good at lemon squeezing. DC is and will always be his ceiling.

Attachments

• 1673715606402.png
    1673715606402.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: SpookyAction
I know this is old but my point is this: coaches who lead these elite programs have to be much more than just a coach. They have to be a CEO of a $100 million dollar business. At this level, X's and O's are simply a function of a larger mechanism. I would not let Cornbread run my lemonade stand. That said, he might be good at lemon squeezing. DC is and will always be his ceiling.
He is a world class DC.
He doesn't get the keys to the Ferrari, but he can program the GPS.

I agree.

Feel like he gets too much hate here. Of the "bad coach trilogy", he was probably the least bad of the bunch. He recruited reasonably well and developed the players. He just sucked at being a HC and particularly sucked at offensive strategy and cheating (which I'm sure Saban and Kirby are doing as well --- they are just much better at it).

He's a great DC, though, so if Bama hires him, that's bad for us.

I doubt he will get hired back. With the violations that went on he will have to get cleared by the NCAA and I don’t see that happening without behaving a show clause and recruiting restrictions for at least a year.

VN Store

Back