cornbread Alert JP is back

And even with a better passing D, he gave up almost 10 points more per game than Banks.

Our current defense shows up when it matters.
Which team were you watching?? Jeesh. Every game the opposing had WRs 10 yds down the middle of the field by themselves waiving to the QB to pass. Over and over and over.
Yeah dude this won’t go over well for you

Which team were you watching?? Jeesh. Every game the opposing had WRs 10 yds down the middle of the field by themselves waiving to the QB to pass. Over and over and over.
Yeah dude this won’t go over well for you
Doesnt matter if they are open between the 20s. When it came to the redzone we were stout.
The South Carolina game is included in my statement. Never said banks is was perfect, just said he did far better than Pruitt.

I dont remember Banks D losing to Georgia State.

Pruitt pitched two shutouts in three years, and never against a SEC opponent. Banks has had three in 2 years with one been Vandy. I mean I know Derek Mason was some offensive mastermind that scored on everybody, but Pruitt never had one.

It's no leap to say Banks is doing a better job than cornbread. The facts back me up.

Doesnt matter if they are open between the 20s. When it came to the redzone we were stout.
The South Carolina game is included in my statement. Never said banks is was perfect, just said he did far better than Pruitt.

Pruitt pitched two shutouts in three years, and never against a SEC opponent. Banks has had three in 2 years with one been Vandy. I mean I know Derek Mason was some offensive mastermind that scored on everybody, but Pruitt never had one.

It's no leap to say Banks is doing a better job than cornbread. The facts back me up.
Tennessee finished the 2022 season at 36th in scoring defense with 22.77 points per game.

The defense has taken a lot of unfair criticism

I really do think it is fair to say Banks is a better DC when he doesn't have the all-Blue Chip players. Pruitt never proved he could stop anyone without 4 and 5 stars at every position.
But also, the defense he inherited from ButchJ was undersized, slow, and physically weak.
They were never going to stop anyone for long.

Last edited:
I’ll probably get stoned for this, but he isn’t a bad position coach/DC. I think the head coaching role was too much for him at this level, and it did not allow him to do the part of the job he enjoyed doing. Some people aren’t made for some things, and I don’t hold that against him.

It’s the fact he purposely tried to get UT in trouble that should bother you.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Tennessee finished the 2022 season at 36th in scoring defense with 22.77 points per game.

The defense has taken a lot of unfair criticism
the long drives never bothered me. Especially if they came up empty, and even a FG would be a major win.

They take 8 minutes to come up with 3 points, means they dont have those 8 minutes for another drive. As long as we score TDs we can trade time and FGs and come out ahead.

We can score in a flash, so ToP for us is pretty meaningless, we can win SEC with 14 minutes of ToP and still put up +40 points. Any more is already icing on the cake.

It’s the fact he purposely tried to get UT in trouble that should bother you.
I'm coming around to that myself.

He is either an idiot (it's possible) or he didn't mind being caught. Yes, everybody cheats ... but everyone else does it with 3rd party bag men who understand how to conceal the source of payments to players without leaving a paper trail or witnesses behind.

Nobody ... and I mean NOBODY who is the head coach of a Power 5 program personally delivers cash to recruits/players himself or through his wife. I have a hard time believing that Pruitt is really stupid enough to do that, without expecting to get caught. There is no way that is how Saban does it.

He is either an idiot (it's possible) or he didn't mind being caught. Yes, everybody cheats ... but everyone else does it with 3rd party bag men who understand how to conceal the source of payments to players without leaving a paper trail or witnesses behind.

Nobody ... and I mean NOBODY who is the head coach of a Power 5 program personally delivers cash to recruits/players himself or through his wife. I have a hard time believing that Pruitt is really stupid enough to do that, without expecting to get caught. There is no way that is how Saban does it.

Nope. THat is why he is sqeaky clean. And he is a very intelligent individual, in or out of the office. JP maybe not so much. Or his heart was so attached to Bama, he was just buying time to get some experience and head back. His lack of intelligence got in the way. He may go back to Bama, but he proved in his time at UT that he would never be HC material for Bama.

Reactions: LadyVolette

I’m going with he was doing it at his previous stops and did not have the self awareness to know that you cannot do that as a head coach.. plausible deniability… and he is also stupid, probably not an evil mastermind

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
I’ll probably get stoned for this, but he isn’t a bad position coach/DC. I think the head coaching role was too much for him at this level, and it did not allow him to do the part of the job he enjoyed doing. Some people aren’t made for some things, and I don’t hold that against him.
You are much nicer than I am 😂 I do hold it against him, I don’t think he was prepared for the job and he knew it and he took it anyway lol.. maybe it is petty of me, but he is just not very likable

Reactions: amessing and volcs
Unless it's at USCjr...
And that factors into our average of fewer pts per game than under Pruitt.

We knew they were a liability going into this year. We knew they would crap the bed, no idea why people are getting so upset that what we all knew to be the case came true.

I'm so happy he is gone. After all settled, there was something that truly impressed me about JP and his wife. Of course, paying the guys and their families was a big "no-no" then. We all know what happened. What speaks to his wife and him being good human beings is that they continued to pay bills for parents of players AFTER he was fired. They honestly cared about these kids and their families. That may be his one redeeming quality to me.

Ehhhhh that last bit's not gonna go over well for you
I’ve been around football enough to see a strategy that we play on defense. What I mean is I believe our coaches know what we got and play to their strengths. Man with what we have Im happy.

Why would you get stoned for that? Everyone knows he’s a great DC

I’m going with he was doing it at his previous stops and did not have the self awareness to know that you cannot do that as a head coach.. plausible deniability… and he is also stupid, probably not an evil mastermind

I agree. No way you ruin your career just to try and Sabotage a rival of your alma mater. Plus he will probably never get another HC job. You don't ruin your career and livelyhood to ruin a rival school. Him and his wife are just that damn dump. Plus a lot of it was helping players families. He's been around cheating his whole life with him being at Ala, Fla St and Ga. He has to be that unintelligent to not pick up tips from Saban or Jimbo.

Reactions: LadyVolette

VN Store

Back