Copper Cellar Family endorses Blackburn

I'm not granting exalted status for that. Mal Moore lucked out big time landing Saban, granted with an offer he couldn't refuse given Saban's crappy circumstances at Miami. This was after debacles with DuBose, Francione, Mike Price, Mike Shula and Rich Rodriguez. If Rodriguez's wife had liked Tuscaloosa more than Morgantown, Saban and Bama never happen...

I will also add that without a real legitimate commitment to winning, the Saban deal never happens.

Reactions: 1 person
For a state that is home to Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, Shoney's/Captain D's, and others, I question whether CC/Calhouns is the "most recognizable family restaurant". Whatever.

Agreed. I see it as a cheap ass way to get advertising.

"Hey ya'all, Copper Celler/Calhoun douch canoe folk here. We douche canoe folk @ Cellar/Calhoun are lookin for free advertizin'.
So if'n you would just retweet that we here at the Cellar/Calhouns are all for that guy, Blackburn?, down there @ Tullahoma gettin the AD job.
erm...Chattanooga?"

I will also add that without a real legitimate commitment to winning, the Saban deal never happens.

Yes, partially. Mal Moore's reputation had taken several hits the last several years. Rich Rod had accepted the position and then pulled it. Moore was highly motivated for several reasons.

Why are they pandering? The obvious choice is Blackburn. Do we tell 5* recruits, hey we got a process and we need to weigh you against these 3* recruits just to be fair.

Witch Doctor say this is why we cant have nice things....we must look very scary from the outside.

Bones Never Lie.

Reactions: 3 people
Peyton is pretty much done on his pressuring abilities.. That title IX lawsuit took alot of influence away. He had to use alot of it up to get his name out of things.

His name was removed once it served it's PR purpose of creating national buzz. His inclusion was just a sleazy lawyer tactic and nothing more.

For a state that is home to Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, Shoney's/Captain D's, and others, I question whether CC/Calhouns is the "most recognizable family restaurant". Whatever.

Agreed. I see it as a cheap ass way to get advertising.

"Hey ya'all, Copper Celler/Calhoun douch canoe folk here. We douche canoe folk @ Cellar/Calhoun are lookin for free advertizin'.
So if'n you would just retweet that we here at the Cellar/Calhouns are all for that guy, Blackburn?, down there @ Tullahoma gettin the AD job.
erm...Chattanooga?"

I think some people aren't aware of how intertwined Calhoun's has become with UT sports. Here is just a little info for those that might not know. Calhoun's food is sold throughout both Neyland Stadium and Thompson-Boling Arena. The Vol calls are hosted at Calhoun's On The River. This isn't just a local restaurant chain voicing it's opinion on the matter this is a UT business partner. This is a lot bigger deal than you think.

Reactions: 5 people
I think some people aren't aware of how intertwined Calhoun's has become with UT sports. Here is just a little info for those that might not know. Calhoun's food is sold throughout both Neyland Stadium and Thompson-Boling Arena. The Vol calls are hosted at Calhoun's On The River. This isn't just a local restaurant chain voicing it's opinion on the matter this is a UT business partner. This is a lot bigger deal than you think.

I agree, the AD does everything with Calhouns.

Well said. I LOLed at "Shoneys" being recognized with UT.

This may be a diploma thing as well. I believe Blackburn has a 4 yr. degree, and some people in academics prefer MBA or above for positions of this magnitude. Just a thought...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAzI8cT29HU[/youtube]

With this guy in charge, it's no wonder this AD situation is FUBAR. The man has no rhythm whatsoever.

What you don't understand is that most everyone east of the Cumberland Plat. thinks the rest of us don't count as Tennesseans. It's not their fault, many "over there" don't understand that this goes back to the war between the states (or further). East Tenn. at that time even tried to form a new state and stay in the union. Thus, we don't count.

With this guy in charge, it's no wonder this AD situation is FUBAR. The man has no rhythm whatsoever.

I can't wait until that stupid song goes out the same door as, "Don't mess with my toot toot" and "The Macarena"

As an alumnus of both UT and the Original Copper Cellar, I am pleased to read of their support for Blackburn. GBO.

Is their a happy video of him for UT going to the MCB championship game? LOL

Make these videos when your heading to ATL. LOL

VN Store

Back