Copper Cellar Family endorses Blackburn

Joe DePietro is the person who ultimately approves the hire, not the chancellor.

And DiPietro is who I sent my letter to back in November, explaining why I, as an alumnus, contributor and long time season ticket holder, support DB.

Whether or not those sort of things have an impact in the final decision, who knows. It can't hurt. I have found that respectful, intelligent direct correspondence is appreciated and taken more seriously than rants, petitions or polls on the inerwebz.

I did get a timely response from his office thanking me for my input. If you are serious about your support send an email, not a tweet.

Reactions: 2 people
Good grief! Next time Missouri, Minnesota (... insert school that is protesting something ...) is in the news all those who are making fools of themselves just lost their right to mak fun of those schools.

No kidding. Put some public heat on these bureaucrats. Peyton in particular could move this the needle if he came out and made a public endorsement and urged the administration to hire Blackburn. I know it would be impolitic, but it would put lots of pressure on the people holding this up.

Yes let's act like Missouri!

Longer this goes without Blackburn getting hired, the more likely we dont get him. I am not getting my hopes up.

And DiPietro is who I sent my letter to back in November, explaining why I, as an alumnus, contributor and long time season ticket holder, support DB.

Whether or not those sort of things have an impact in the final decision, who knows. It can't hurt. I have found that respectful, intelligent direct correspondence is appreciated and taken more seriously than rants, petitions or polls on the inerwebz.

I did get a timely response from his office thanking me for my input. If you are serious about your support send an email, not a tweet.

Or a written letter... So few are sent these days that they get noticed

Reactions: 1 person
Is Blackburn going somewhere else?

I think he just means that Blackburn is such an obvious and Easy Choice that it shouldn't require this much deliberation. The longer the time goes by the more obvious it becomes that they're wanting to look elsewhere.

For a state that is home to Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, Shoney's/Captain D's, and others, I question whether CC/Calhouns is the "most recognizable family restaurant". Whatever.

With that list, they should have said "only restaurant not likely to give you the runs."

This should be a no-brainer. Why does this have to be difficult? Why do we have to basically beg to get what we want?
I hate Alabama, but I respect them for one thing. Whenever they have an open position, they try to get the best person for the job. We always go cheap/political.

Reactions: 4 people
They need to make their drinks stronger on game day iin the Basement

And they need to stop buying that cheap toilet paper. They need to name that stuff John Wayne; it's rough and tough and it doesn't take crap off of anybody.

I'm surprised there isn't a petition in favor of Blackburn yet. Or is there? That may be one I may actually consider signing.

Off topic, but does Copper Cellar still have the $5 Burger deal on Wednesdays? I loved taking advantage of that while I was a non commuter student at UT. Presidential court cafe got a little old sometimes...

Off topic, but does Copper Cellar still have the $5 Burger deal on Wednesdays? I loved taking advantage of that while I was a non commuter student at UT. Presidential court cafe got a little old sometimes...

Yes sir. I still stop in at the one on Cumberland from time to time just for that reason. I love Calhouns/Copper Cellar and that organization. They represent Knoxville and the surrounding communities well.

Reactions: 2 people
This should be a no-brainer. Why does this have to be difficult? Why do we have to basically beg to get what we want?
I hate Alabama, but I respect them for one thing. Whenever they have an open position, they try to get the best person for the job. We always go cheap/political.

I'm not granting exalted status for that. Mal Moore lucked out big time landing Saban, granted with an offer he couldn't refuse given Saban's crappy circumstances at Miami. This was after debacles with DuBose, Francione, Mike Price, Mike Shula and Rich Rodriguez. If Rodriguez's wife had liked Tuscaloosa more than Morgantown, Saban and Bama never happen...

VN Store

Back