Constantine (NBC)

Defiance is solid as is Dominion and 12 Monkeys. It looks like they are making an effort to bring better shows. Hopefully they can keep Constantine progressing the way it has been.

Watched a half season each of defiance and dominion and didn't like either. Haven't given 12 monkeys a shot though I might when I have the time. I'm gonna stay optimistic that they keep a lot of stuff NBC had in place

Defiance is solid as is Dominion and 12 Monkeys. It looks like they are making an effort to bring better shows. Hopefully they can keep Constantine progressing the way it has been.

Defiance out of the gate had you debating on whether you really liked it or not. It's such an original concept with it's different aliens, technology, stories that you weren't sure what to think initially. After several episodes though you really get into it and buy into their world. It's very Star Wars/Star Trek-ish with the creators actually developing languages for the show.

Dominion is one of the few shows on tv that at times feels like you're watching cable, imo. It's well done, and well acted.

12 Monkeys continues to impress me. Each time a new episode comes on I feel like I'm probably about to get more of the same but the writers really keep each episode entertaining and different.

Hellblazer is a much better title. There is a reason his original solo book was titled that.

I did not know that. I've never heard of a Network selling a show and not keeping the original title though. Unless they advertise heavily I could see them easily losing original viewers because they weren't aware that it's Constantine.

Reactions: 1 person
Defiance out of the gate had you debating on whether you really liked it or not. It's such an original concept with it's different aliens, technology, stories that you weren't sure what to think initially. After several episodes though you really get into it and buy into their world. It's very Star Wars/Star Trek-ish with the creators actually developing languages for the show.

Dominion is one of the few shows on tv that at times feels like you're watching cable, imo. It's well done, and well acted.

12 Monkeys continues to impress me. Each time a new episode comes on I feel like I'm probably about to get more of the same but the writers really keep each episode entertaining and different.

I did not know that. I've never heard of a Network selling a show and not keeping the original title though. Unless they advertise heavily I could see them easily losing original viewers because they weren't aware that it's Constantine.

I would bet most of the people watching this show a ton, or at least the most vocal, know that Constantine is just the G name for Hellblazer

I would bet most of the people watching this show a ton, or at least the most vocal, know that Constantine is just the G name for Hellblazer

Lol I'll be honest as someone who loves the supernatural genre, but generally hates superhero/comic things like DC/Marvel I had no idea

Lol I'll be honest as someone who loves the supernatural genre, but generally hates superhero/comic things like DC/Marvel I had no idea

That's sad really, because its about the most direct from comics characterization we've seen on TV probably. And the comics are equally amazing.

'Constantine' News: Season 2 Pitched, Renewal Up in the Air

The supernatural TV series "Constantine" is still in limbo with regards to its season renewal on NBC. The first season ended in February 2015, with its 13th episode, and nine episodes shy of a full 22-episode season order. Recently, the show's producer Daniel Cerone and the show's writers took to Twitter to share news about the pitch that they will make to NBC executives for Season 2.

According to report in Cinema Blend, Cerone and his team shared their ideas with the network, after which the network will have to make the decision of whether to renew or cancel the show. The decision will likely come a few weeks or more after the meeting.

Perhaps in a bid to gather fan support for the show's renewal, the show's writers took to Twitter to tease possible new characters to be developed for the show's next season. One of the tweets said: "We were planning on introducing #DoctorFate, #Spectre, #PhantomStrange, #TheDemon, etc. Want 'em? Contact #NBC!!! #DSG."

The show's writers also shared tidbits of what their plans are for the next season. According to the report, they would like to introduce Doctor Strange [I think they meant Dr Fate], whose was apparently shown in some episodes in Season 1; also Phantom Stranger and Etrigan the Demon. It is also in Season 2 that Detective Jim Corrigan will die and finally become The Spectre, God's spirit of vengeance.

Another tidbit they shared is the possibility of making Papa Midnite, Corrigan's arch-enemy in Season 1, as a series regular in the next season.

Lastly, the show's creative team are planning something big for the lake house, which serves as the protagonists' headquarters of sorts in the show. One arc in Season 2 is said to be set entirely in the lake house, which in actuality is a "bigger-on-the-inside" lair. One episode in Season 1 apparently showed just how vast the house is, when one of the protagonists was being pursued right inside the house.

Fans will just have to wait for official word from NBC to see if these ideas will come into fruition.

Sounds like the Lake House us really the House of Secrets. This show has the potential to pack a lot of DC's supernatural world into it.

I really like Constantine,but it needs to be better written,something is missing on the plot lines

Defiance is a good show on Syfi

but my favorite is Haven

of course it seem Syfi is getting away from science fiction and more into the supernatural,which isn't bad

but I would like to see more shows with star ships and laser beams :)

I'm tiered of zombies and horney vampires lol

Last edited:
I really like Constantine,but it needs to be better written,something is missing on the plot lines

Defiance is a good show on Syfi

but my favorite is Haven

of course it seem Syfi is getting away from science fiction and more into the supernatural,which isn't bad

but I would like to see more shows with star ships and laser beams :)

I'm tiered of zombies and horney vampires lol

They had the Battlestar Galactica remake which, IMO, was the best Space Sci-Fi show since TNG. (I am excluding Firefly because it only lasted one season. We all know it would've been great but still) So I'm really not sure why they aren't trying for more.

They had the Battlestar Galactica remake which, IMO, was the best Space Sci-Fi show since TNG. (I am excluding Firefly because it only lasted one season. We all know it would've been great but still) So I'm really not sure why they aren't trying for more.

Caprica? That was a BG prequel. Sasha Roiz(now on Grimm) was great in that show as well.

figures coug,about the time i figure i like a show,it gets cancelled :)

Well, I said it from the beginning that the show started off rough. Then right after the pilot they immediately change the leading female characters. I think they're still shopping the show around though so it may resurface.

yea I didn't get that either,and some of the shows they will run em a few weeks to start and then take a couple weeks off,how that is suppose to help a new show,i have no idea

yea I didn't get that either,and some of the shows they will run em a few weeks to start and then take a couple weeks off,how that is suppose to help a new show,i have no idea

Don't even get me started on the inconsistent breaks. I've seen tv show breaks that were nowhere near holidays or other tv viewing events so they made no sense.

Well, I said it from the beginning that the show started off rough. Then right after the pilot they immediately change the leading female characters. I think they're still shopping the show around though so it may resurface.

Could end up on Netflix unless they feel like it conflicts with their Marvel deal for some reason.

Could end up on Netflix unless they feel like it conflicts with their Marvel deal for some reason.

-sigh-

Stephen Amell proposes 'Arrow' crossover to save 'Constantine'

Should have been on the CW to begin with! I'm afraid the same fate awaits Supergirl on CBS this fall unless they finally wise up and connect the shows universe regardless of what network they are on.

I said the same thing a while back in this thread. If CW had control over it they probably would have done a much better job. It's Steven Amell hinting the CW should buy the show.

What would you guys change about the show to make it better?

It would be cool if the folks at the WB & Arrow/The Flash/Legend's of Tomorrow signed Matt Ryan to reprise the role and write the character into that Universe. Especially since it appears we will be seeing some form of a multiverse in those shows.

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if they changed actors and the WB just redid the show.

Ok...

Does this mean something other than Constantine simply being featured in an episode of Arrow? Could this possibly be a lead into a new Constantine show done by the CW? I'm ok with scrapping NBC's format of the show.

VN Store

Back