Constantine (NBC)

Lol screw both of you guys.

:)

Enjoyed the first episode, and I like the actor playing him. Dickie was just a bonus at this point, hopefully it gets better though, but I think as the universe builds more it will.

It also had that one guy from Lost as the Angel, so I'm cool with that.

I agree, I think it has good potential.

Forgot to mention the guy from Lost as well.

Ava...fap

Wuhahahaha! I knew your comment would have something to do with her.

I'm pissed the hot brunette from the pilot isn't in the show as a regular, that's BS!

I lol'd when he said that prayer with the hand and every single body in the morgue came to life. Too funny.

I've only watching the pilot so far. Thought it was decent. Seemed fairly true to the source material.

Chas was a bit different. In the comics he was John's "normal" friend. John always seemed to keep him from getting directly involved and in the occult.

I've only watching the pilot so far. Thought it was decent. Seemed fairly true to the source material.

Chas was a bit different. In the comics he was John's "normal" friend. John always seemed to keep him from getting directly involved and in the occult.

The guy doesn't seem to die for some reason but they haven't gotten around to explaining that in the show yet.

I'm pissed the hot brunette from the pilot isn't in the show as a regular, that's BS!

Lucy Griffiths, You think she is hot now go back and check her out in the BBC Robin Hood series (2006-2009) she played maid Marian in the first two seasons!

She was originally planned to be the female lead. However before filming of the "Pilot" was finished David S. Goyer decided to go in a different direction and instead wrote her character out to bring in the character of "Zed" from the comics.

I watched the first two episodes last night and I really like it. However its a shame the ratings aren't better. :cray:

Lucy Griffiths, You think she is hot now go back and check her out in the BBC Robin Hood series (2006-2009) she played maid Marian in the first two seasons!

She was originally planned to be the female lead. However before filming of the "Pilot" was finished David S. Goyer decided to go in a different direction and instead wrote her character out to bring in the character of "Zed" from the comics.

I watched the first two episodes last night and I really like it. However its a shame the ratings aren't better. :cray:

Yes! She's smoking and she played Eric's sister on True Blood.

There is something about this show that's keeping me from really connecting with it. I actually fell asleep watching this episode and that's saying something for me. I don't know if it's the writing, producing, or just the main actor. They really make it hard for you to cheer for him. I'm thinking they definitely made a mistake in ditching the Liv character and bringing Zed in instead. This show had so much potential for being awesome and I'm afraid it's falling greatly short of that.

Anyone else?

There is something about this show that's keeping me from really connecting with it. I actually fell asleep watching this episode and that's saying something for me. I don't know if it's the writing, producing, or just the main actor. They really make it hard for you to cheer for him. I'm thinking they definitely made a mistake in ditching the Liv character and bringing Zed in instead. This show had so much potential for being awesome and I'm afraid it's falling greatly short of that.

Anyone else?

To be fair, Constantine was never supposed to be a likeable character. More along the lines of love to hate.

Reactions: 1 person
So you disagree with me and think the show is top notch?

I've only watched the pilot. It was just OK. I'll try catch up soon and get back to you.

I was speaking on the character from the comics with which I am familiar.

I've only watched the pilot. It was just OK. I'll try catch up soon and get back to you.

I was speaking on the character from the comics with which I am familiar.

Says a lot that you've watched the pilot but haven't gotten back to any remaining episodes.

It was cool that the psychic chick saw Corrigan as the Spectre. Interesting that the Spectre is basically on two DC shows. Corrigan was one of the human hosts of the Spectre. Crispus Allen, of Gotham, was another.

It was cool that the psychic chick saw Corrigan as the Spectre. Interesting that the Spectre is basically on two DC shows. Corrigan was one of the human hosts of the Spectre. Crispus Allen, of Gotham, was another.

So was Corrigan really dead? Was she seeing Corrigan's death?

So was Corrigan really dead? Was she seeing Corrigan's death?

He's not dead yet. She was forseeing his death and rebirth as the Spectre. If it's like the origin I remember, he's killed, but brought back to life. He remains Detective Corrigan, but he's also the Spectre, the Wrath of God.

Now that my friends was a quality episode! Just a super creepy child possessing demon/soul and John Constantine!
That episode flowed way better than all the previous episodes this season.

Ok that was a twist on that one. Wonder what the repercussions will be for his pet angel?

The chic they got to play Imogen was smoking hot and the preacher's sister wasn't bad either. I'd say given the circumstances his repercussions will likely be minimal.

Rumors are floating this show will be cancelled, which is a damn shame, because it gets better and better with each episode. The beginning was shaky, but it's seriosly starting to hit its stride. Anyone who gave up on this one quickly, I'd suggest watching the last few episodes. Next week looks good.

It was not given an episode order past its original 13. So pretty much yeah. However its ratings were up some this week. The only hope is that the ratings for its remainder episodes are really strong!

I pretty much knew this was coming when it was NBC picked it up instead of the WB. Its why next season's Supergirl series on CBS is DOA! IMO

The main stream nets really have no idea what to do with shows like this. IMO

It was not given an episode order past its original 13. So pretty much yeah. However its ratings were up some this week. The only hope is that the ratings for its remainder episodes are really strong!

I pretty much knew this was coming when it was NBC picked it up instead of the WB. Its why next season's Supergirl series on CBS is DOA! IMO

The main stream nets really have no idea what to do with shows like this. IMO

I disagree. Grimm is a SciFi type show and it's doing fantastic on a Friday night on NBC. I think they(the writers/producers/casting) just screwed this show up royally and got it wrong style wise and character wise. I realize in the comics that Constantine isn't the most likable guy but when you transfer that over to national tv you have to adjust it. The audience HAS to like the main guy and they could have done that and still maintained some of his brash aspects, but they just didn't do that. The actor playing Constantine or the way they wrote his character just isn't working. The last few episodes have gotten a little better but I thinks it's just too late.

Done right the Constantine story could be fantastic.

And another great episode to finish the one they left hanging before the holiday break.

Some decent effects and more story line info being given out. Honestly they should invade Constantine more often with demons.

And another great episode to finish the one they left hanging before the holiday break.

Some decent effects and more story line info being given out. Honestly they should invade Constantine more often with demons.

Sucks that its looking like it will get cancelled. The show has really taken off, and is a great pairing with Grimm.

VN Store

Back