Coming to Tennessee!

no i do appreciate it, but i did plan this rather meticulously. im flying in to nashville on the 18th, watching my flames play the predators on the tuesday (19th) then enjoying the sights and sounds of nashville and tennessee for the week; then comes the main event on saturday :) i dont think ill get any sleep in october at all.

I wouldn't buy tickets for anything over face value. In almost every game the past 2 years (including 08 Bama) there were Vol fans handing out tickets right before kickoff. This year won't be much different. Unless Bama fans travel like they did in 08, this game probably won't be a sellout. Should be a nice environment, but don't pay too much money, especially in a year like this.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

yeah you'll definitely be able to scalp, but make sure you're in your seats at least a half hour before kick-off for all the pregame stuff, you don't want to miss it!

no i do appreciate it, but i did plan this rather meticulously. im flying in to nashville on the 18th, watching my flames play the predators on the tuesday (19th) then enjoying the sights and sounds of nashville and tennessee for the week; then comes the main event on saturday :) i dont think ill get any sleep in october at all.

wow, that's a "MANcation" if i've ever heard of one...be sure to keep well hydrated (i suggest jack daniels) calhoun's on the river is great if you can get a seat, but if you want to have the real tennessee experience just walk up to whatever tailgate smells the best and make friends because the ribs in the parking lot are almost alway's better than the ribs in the restaurants...after the game go to oci/taproom and stop by the shell station for a cajun rooster with egg for your drunken stumble back to the hotel. just remember everything looks better through orange colored glasses, and when in doubt just shout "GO VOLS".

I wouldn't buy tickets for anything over face value. In almost every game the past 2 years (including 08 Bama) there were Vol fans handing out tickets right before kickoff. This year won't be much different. Unless Bama fans travel like they did in 08, this game probably won't be a sellout. Should be a nice environment, but don't pay too much money, especially in a year like this.

True dat.

However, if this is your first time to Neyland, I would pay an extra few bucks so as not to miss the pre-game, I can't count the number of times I've been to Neyland & I still make sure not to miss a second of the band's show.

Utsports.com or voltix or something like that. Got to check out the Vol Navy! A party on the river by calhouns! A Tennessee tradition!

It's only a two hour drive from the Nashville airport- gaining an hour in Roane Co

get ready to walk some hills!
Bring some beer to drink while you are waiting on traffic after the game. You won't move for hours!

Enjoy the drive from Cookeville to Knoxville! The trees will turn....Orange!!

no i do appreciate it, but i did plan this rather meticulously. im flying in to nashville on the 18th, watching my flames play the predators on the tuesday (19th).

Shea Weber vs Dion Phaneuf. 2 of the best young D-men in the league. The Preds and flames have a nice little rivalry. I still remember that post game brawl a few years ago.

tough luck against Florida vols nation, but I have confidence the team will bounce back.

Sorry to bump an older thread but now my trip is me +3 friends so I need some advice on really cool things to do in the Tennessee area while we are in state! We're going to check out dolly world and the jack daniels distillery.. that kind of thing :)
so far:

Tuesday night in Nashville Flames vs Predators
Wednesday going to Lynchburg to see the JD Distillery
Saturday all day Vols+game
Sunday Titans game vs Eagles

Last edited:
tough luck against Florida vols nation, but I have confidence the team will bounce back.

Sorry to bump an older thread but now my trip is me +3 friends so I need some advice on really cool things to do in the Tennessee area while we are in state! We're going to check out dolly world and the jack daniels distillery.. that kind of thing :)
so far:

Tuesday night in Nashville Flames vs Predators
Wednesday going to Lynchburg to see the JD Distillery
Saturday all day Vols+game
Sunday Titans game vs Eagles

I'm sure someone mentioned it but I'll say it again. If you come down in the fall and have time, the Cherohala Skyway is nice. You can get all the information you need online. Hope you enjoy your trip.

If you're staying in Nashville for the duration of the trip, I'd recommend taking Thursday to drive west to Memphis and get some ribs from the Germantown Commissary. If you're the sightseeing type, you can check out Graceland, or you can just skip that and get straight to Beale Street partying.

I may hate the city I'm from, but for one day, there's some cool stuff you can hit up.

sorry to bump this thread again but we've got our plane tickets hotel booked, hockey tickets, NFL tickets, just need Vol tickets! Stub hub seems over priced, any way I could get tickets before we wind up at the stadium? I dont like risking it to scalpers :S

sorry to bump this thread again but we've got our plane tickets hotel booked, hockey tickets, NFL tickets, just need Vol tickets! Stub hub seems over priced, any way I could get tickets before we wind up at the stadium? I dont like risking it to scalpers :S

They're will be plenty

way above at times.... im sure there will be about 50% bammer fans as they will be playing for the title this year...AGAIN

1 week away from me flying out to nashville! i am stoked. if anyone here on the forums is having a tailgate going on for the game, let me know. me and my chick friends are looking to take in all the sights and sounds of knoxville. so far the plan is to leave nashville at 6am (stupid time difference) and meet a poster here in knoxville for tickets, then head out to the game at around 10. when is the vol walk usually? where can i expect to park? if i come out on friday or earlier, is there a tour for the stadium or day of?

If you're staying in Nashville for the duration of the trip, I'd recommend taking Thursday to drive west to Memphis and get some ribs from the Germantown Commissary. If you're the sightseeing type, you can check out Graceland, or you can just skip that and get straight to Beale Street partying.

I may hate the city I'm from, but for one day, there's some cool stuff you can hit up.

Go to Memphis? UGH

Well since kickoff is at 7pm (ET), you'll get the opportunity to tailgate all day!

lol...ok just got it.I have never been impressed with Memphis ribs and I have been there twice.I would never go to Graceland and.........o yeah thats what I went there to do! Just saying it is a long drive for ribs and partying..

VN Store

Back