Coming to Tennessee!

Yeah, just get there early and follow the people. I promise it isn't hard to find.

if i see Peyton Manning in person i will literally defecate a brick

fyp....always capitalize His name....:)

Theres a good chance you'll be requesting asylum after you experience Tennessee Football for the first time. If you wish to defect, you won't have any trouble finding somewhere to crash. GO VOLS!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hello Tennessee fans from Calgary Alberta Canada. I am a life long football and college football fan.. and I've just booked time off work and got my flight+hotel with a buddy to come to nashville and knoxville for the 3rd week in october. I can't tell you guys how excited I am that my 1st college football experience and my 1st time in the States will be revolving around Neyland stadium and the Vols! I just wonder what kind of tips you could offer to a traveller looking to take in the experience as thoroughly as possible. Are there tours of the stadium/campus? Tailgating? The tickets themselves... should I get them before I come to TN, or, can I count on scalpers? Thanks for any tips!

Don't buy tickets. Get to the campus 4 hrs. early and, using your best Canadian charm, walk all over the campus holding up your hand asking to buy tickets while wearing something orange. Talk to everybody tailgating. Very good odds that someone from Nashville, Chattanooga, or somewhere came with extra tickets that someone who couldn't show up can't use and wants to sell. If you are nice, most times they just want to sell them for face value. It has worked for me dozen of times when I had company come (UT fans and family) that wanted to go to a game. People are very nice who are tailgating and most have been around forever and want everyone to enjoy the experience like they do.

Don't buy tickets. Get to the campus 4 hrs. early and, using your best Canadian charm, walk all over the campus holding up your hand asking to buy tickets while wearing something orange. Talk to everybody tailgating. Very good odds that someone from Nashville, Chattanooga, or somewhere came with extra tickets that someone who couldn't show up can't use and wants to sell. If you are nice, most times they just want to sell them for face value. It has worked for me dozen of times when I had company come (UT fans and family) that wanted to go to a game. People are very nice who are tailgating and most have been around forever and want everyone to enjoy the experience like they do.

^ Good Advise!
I've been comming to games for years and have always been able to find tickets at a decent price. $200 is a bit steep, even for Tn & the team that wears red and sux!

Nice to know the Vols touch people of great distances! Hope your time in K-Town is a memorable one!
GBO!

This is what gets me excited about football season. Someone about to experience their first College football game at Neyland!! It is great to be a Tennessee Vol!!!

Oh and I agree with a prev poster, as much as I like Calhouns.... Ye Olde Steakhouse if you want a legit sitdown steak, and Old College Inn bar if you want beer and tenders. :) Enjoy your trip!

Where do I go to check out the Vol walk? Calhouns has been brought up a number of times here.. I'll definitley google maps it before I fly in

go to the corner of Peyton Manning Pass and Phillip Fulmer Way, but get there at least 2.5 hours before kick-off. After the Vol Walk my tailgate is right around the corner (towards the river, back towards Calhouns), come on by if you're so inclined...oh and the corner of Peyton Manning and Phillip Fulmer is where former players and other distinguished guests usually get dropped off, if Peyton's gonna be there, that's more than likely where you'll see him (get dropped off).

this map should be helpful http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tenn/genrel/auto_pdf/2009-VASF-Parking.pdf

and here's a page with gameday information/links University of Tennessee Athletics Football

PS - wear ORANGE, get loud, and GO VOLS!!

Hello Tennessee fans from Calgary Alberta Canada. I am a life long football and college football fan.. and I've just booked time off work and got my flight+hotel with a buddy to come to nashville and knoxville for the 3rd week in october. I can't tell you guys how excited I am that my 1st college football experience and my 1st time in the States will be revolving around Neyland stadium and the Vols! I just wonder what kind of tips you could offer to a traveller looking to take in the experience as thoroughly as possible. Are there tours of the stadium/campus? Tailgating? The tickets themselves... should I get them before I come to TN, or, can I count on scalpers? Thanks for any tips!

Should be a great trip. I hope you enjoy it (and I hope we win!)

Dude! Bring me a couple of cases of Fifties for one of my Ottawa friends who's stranded in Europe.

you can hang at my tailgate if you bring me a big tub of Tim Horton's. Got addicted to that stuff while doing some work up there. Liquid crack I tell ya

After you eat at Calhouns, walk down the river and check out all the boats in the Vol Navy. Truly a site to behold. I have been to several stadiums and NONE of them compare. Welcome home....

lol @ the aboot and ootside. jeez!

im just deciding now on stub hub vs scalpers.. stub hub seems kind of expensive... 400 dollars for 2 tickets kinda thing. i dont wanna show up tho and have scalpers ream me tho

Dont worry about that. They usually give really good deals. Anytime I cant get tickets from a friend or my parents are actually using their tickets, then I go down and find a scalper.

I get great seats for under $100 for two all the time. now the Alabama game might be a little more pricey,

but trust us, just wait til the game to buy them.

I know it's been mentioned already, but it's extremely important that you understand we play Bama October 23rd which is technically in the 4th week. If you want to watch a Vols game...make sure your timeframe is correct.

Just trying to set you up for success....

I know it's been mentioned already, but it's extremely important that you understand we play Bama October 23rd which is technically in the 4th week. If you want to watch a Vols game...make sure your timeframe is correct.

I don't think this can be emphasized too much. Do make sure there is a game on the weekend you come "down". :good!:

White Out - If your travel arrangements are locked in for the 3rd weekend (Sat. Oct. 16), TN isn't an option as the Vol faithful have pointed out. However, the following teams have home games that weekend...
Home
Team
Bama vs. Ole Miss
Auburn vs. Arky
LSU vs. McNeese State (translation: cupcake)
Florida vs. Mississippi State
Georgia vs. Vandy
Kentucky vs. South Carolina

You might give one of these a try. However, hopefully your arrangements are for the 23rd since that's clearly your preference.

If you're coming on the 23rd, be sure and wear something crimson-colored. Vols will appreciate it. :clapping:

White Out - If your travel arrangements are locked in for the 3rd weekend (Sat. Oct. 16), TN isn't an option as the Vol faithful have pointed out. However, the following teams have home games that weekend...
Home
Team
Bama vs. Ole Miss
Auburn vs. Arky
LSU vs. McNeese State (translation: cupcake)
Florida vs. Mississippi State
Georgia vs. Vandy
Kentucky vs. South Carolina

You might give one of these a try. However, hopefully your arrangements are for the 23rd since that's clearly your preference.

If you're coming on the 23rd, be sure and wear something crimson-colored. Vols will appreciate it.
:clapping:

:lolabove::finger3:
Well played, Bama. Well played.

I hope you mean the 4th weekend in October...because the 3rd weekend is an off week!

Great choice though Neyland will rock your socks off!!!

Yeah, except the 3rd Saturday in October is an off week this year. We play Bama the 23rd, which is the 4th Saturday.

I don't think this can be emphasized too much. Do make sure there is a game on the weekend you come "down". :good!:

the game is the 23rd, the 4th weekend in october, but technically the game is at the end of the 3rd week, which he said "come to nashville and knoxville for the third week in october." pretty sure someone coming that far would take a look at the schedule first. :eek:k:

the game is the 23rd, the 4th weekend in october, but technically the game is at the end of the 3rd week, which he said "come to nashville and knoxville for the third week in october." pretty sure someone coming that far would take a look at the schedule first. :eek:k:

Doesn't hurt for us to point it out though! I don't want him to miss out!!! :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back