College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

UK loses on the road at SC...idc if it’s at Missouri, South Carolina, Ole Miss or anywhere else, any road win in this league is going to be a damn good win.

For sure. Iowa state is the easiest road game we have left. That game really lost its luster

Is auburn going to get penalized at all? Earlier this year it seemed like pearl wouldn’t make it through the season. Maybe it’s kit a match under him and he’s making it harder for the barn to get rid if him

Seems like he’s in the clear.

He wasn’t wanting to help with Auburn’s investigation early on. Honestly I can’t blame him the more I’ve thought about it. UT sent him right to the NCAA when he was here. Bruce is at fault but his employer did a piss poor job protecting him. So maybe what we thought was him trying to cover his tracks or protect Steven was just him dragging his feet due to his history.

Seems like he’s in the clear.

He wasn’t wanting to help with Auburn’s investigation early on. Honestly I can’t blame him the more I’ve thought about it. UT sent him right to the NCAA when he was here. Bruce is at fault but his employer did a piss poor job protecting him. So maybe what we thought was him trying to cover his tracks or protect Steven was just him dragging his feet due to his history.

Either way, Bruce started the whole mess.

You simply cannot lie to the NCAA or your employer knowing damn well it wouldn’t be such a big deal if he simply told the truth.

Maybe, just maybe, he’d still be our HC if he would have handled it better.

But I’m happy with Barnes.

Is auburn going to get penalized at all? Earlier this year it seemed like pearl wouldn’t make it through the season. Maybe it’s kit a match under him and he’s making it harder for the barn to get rid if him

There’s been some talk that Auburn has kind of slowed things down and are going to pick it up at seasons end, what that means I’m not sure, I would guess they will be interested in what the FBI finds out and if Pearl gets brought into it at all in any of Person’s testimony.

There’s been some talk that Auburn has kind of slowed things down and are going to pick it up at seasons end, what that means I’m not sure, I would guess they will be interested in what the FBI finds out and if Pearl gets brought into it at all in any of Person’s testimony.

That would really suck for them if after he finally had a breakout season there, then the wheels came off after the season.

The Kentucky game shows what is wrong with college basketball last night.

60 fouls
74 free throws shot
3 Kentucky players fouled out and 3 finished with 4 fouls.

Officials are ruining the game.

The Tenn/A&M was a joy to watch as only 7 first half fouls were called total. Need more of that crew

The Kentucky game shows what is wrong with college basketball last night.

60 fouls
74 free throws shot
3 Kentucky players fouled out and 3 finished with 4 fouls.

Officials are ruining the game.

The Tenn/A&M was a joy to watch as only 7 first half fouls were called total. Need more of that crew
Agreed. That UK game was the norm of college basketball (especially SEC) right now. Sigh.

I would like to pat myself on the back, don’t remember my exact quotes but I remember being one of the posters more doubtful of UK than most. I believe I said I didn’t think they would even be a Top 25 team(maybe fringe) and definitely not the Top 10 they were projected as...with that loss to SC it’s verh likely they drop out of the polls for the first time this season.

I would like to pat myself on the back, don’t remember my exact quotes but I remember being one of the posters more doubtful of UK than most. I believe I said I didn’t think they would even be a Top 25 team(maybe fringe) and definitely not the Top 10 they were projected as...with that loss to SC it’s verh likely they drop out of the polls for the first time this season.

Improvements to the SEC may force Cal to adjust his philosophy of Talent over Experience. Wonder how long before the Ire of BBN kicks in.

Improvements to the SEC may force Cal to adjust his philosophy of Talent over Experience. Wonder how long before the Ire of BBN kicks in.

Its already there. Work with a few UK fans. They're getting tired of the NBA first type of players

I expected around 10-12 SEC wins. I was pretty sure we'd lose at least 2 OOC games. Around 21 games based off that. I'm always a pessimistic, but I was extremely wary of this season given the injuries coming into the year and the lack of experience.

That’s what happens when you have a recruiter and not a coach. It’s bound to happen. Not all 5 stars are going to be Malik monk or fox.

Cal can coach. He just doesn’t have a roster of John Walls and Demarcus Cousins right now.

With that much turnover you’re gonna have some off years. I’m surprised he hasn’t had more down years. Not surprised Kentucky fans are getting tired of the one and done route.

Cal can coach. He just doesn’t have a roster of John Walls and Demarcus Cousins right now.

With that much turnover you’re gonna have some off years. I’m surprised he hasn’t had more down years. Not surprised Kentucky fans are getting tired of the one and done route.

I could coach too if I had cousins and Wall. Lol and yeah like you said, his style just isn’t going to work soon.

Living in Kentucky and having married into a UK family, I was shocked that they embraced the one and done method. UK fans invest in their team and the lives of the players. The feel like they are part of their family, and I wasn't sure how they would feel about the mercenary mentality.

I'm shocked that it is taking this long for them to sour on that method, and on the flipside, I'm surprised that Cal hasn't bolted for one of these huge NBA contracts he's been offered. Meshing a half dozen new 5* egos each and every year and attempting to meet UK fan expectations has got to be exhausting.

Maybe this is why Barnes isn’t a fan of recruiting One & Dones.

I could coach too if I had cousins and Wall. Lol and yeah like you said, his style just isn’t going to work soon.

No you couldn't. Just having talent doesn't make a winning team or a winning coach.

It takes a unique kind of person to mesh those egos and personalities. He isn't John Wooden, but he isn't Dallas Bowlin either.

VN Store

Back