College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

FleeceItOut

That place is called “Around the NCAA,” it’s a place that’s warm, where the beer flows like wine, and D4H instinctively flocks like the salmon of Capistrano.

Last edited:

BruinVol

How about the two programs and coach in Texas/Tennessee and Barnes/Smart?

Who would have thunk it where they stand at present? I know I didn't

Dallasbowlin

How about the two programs and coach in Texas/Tennessee and Barnes/Smart?

Who would have thunk it where they stand at present? I know I didn't
I was thinking about that watching Texas last night. Must hurt to be mediocre with arguably one of the best players in the nation, while the coach you fired has his team in the top 20 and looking great.

I was thinking about that watching Texas last night. Must hurt to be mediocre with arguably one of the best players in the nation, while the coach you fired has his team in the top 20 and looking great.
Good point Dal. I respect the 2nd UT for dropping Barnes after he missed the tourney, but I didn't agree with the decision. Texas should have exercised at least a little more patience imo.

Scores of note from 12/13

#1 Nova-87 Temple-67
#9 Texas A&M-113 Savannah-66
Wisconsin-81 Western Kentucky-80 (Controversial call to end game)
Illinois-92 Longwood-45
Ole Miss-82 Sam Houston State-69
LSU-80 Houston-77
#24 Texas Tech-82 Kennesaw State-53
Oregon-95 Portland State-84

OrangeAllDay

Good point Dal. I respect the 2nd UT for dropping Barnes after he missed the tourney, but I didn't agree with the decision. Texas should have exercised at least a little more patience imo.
If you would of asked someone on this board 4 years ago if you’d want Rick Barnes or Smart as your coach, I guarantee you 90% would of said Shaka. Including me.

BTW, does anyone else think the Big 10's schedule is kind of weird? It looks like it officially started last week with everyone playing 2 conference games, then they take a break until after the New Year and resume the schedule. Do they have to do that to make sure everyone plays the full conference schedule?

Also noticed Duke and Boston College appear to be the only other teams to play a conference game already, and same thing. They played last week and then resume the ACC schedule along with everyone else on 12/30.

BTW, does anyone else think the Big 10's schedule is kind of weird? It looks like it officially started last week with everyone playing 2 conference games, then they take a break until after the New Year and resume the schedule. Do they have to do that to make sure everyone plays the full conference schedule?

Also noticed Duke and Boston College appear to be the only other teams to play a conference game already, and same thing. They played last week and then resume the ACC schedule along with everyone else on 12/30.
Yeah I don't recall UT playing any conference games before January.

It's because the B1G tourney is moved up a week this year since they are playing it in NYC. Teams play 2 conference games in the middle of their non conference schedule.

VN Store

Sponsors