Coleman Thomas starting at center

It's downright comical at this point.

i wish i could laugh. it's almost criminal to look at the O linemen we've brought in the last 3 years and see them on the field give up 12 tfl against umass.

i full believe it's the blocking scheme we teach mind you.

i just refuse to believe that every single one of them are busts.

i wish i could laugh. it's almost criminal to look at the O linemen we've brought in the last 3 years and see them on the field give up 12 tfl against umass.

i full believe it's the blocking scheme we teach mind you.

i just refuse to believe that every single one of them are busts.

Complete agreement here. Ol recruiting has been one of the strong points since Butch has been here, yet we still haven't seen it translate to the field. Like you I have a hard time believing that all of these guys are busts.

I'm a firm believer that if we can get the right coach the ol would be a strength next year in stead of a liability.

Isn’t this the kid we had to move from center last year because he was essentially letting the defense attempt murder in our backfield? Maybe butch is trying to get JG injured ..?

Yes. Lord i saw enough coleman thomas abuse in the appalachian state game last year. Enough to last a lifetime.

Was it he or kendrick that was playing despite having sprained all of his ankles?

And does it matter? Its like we are trying to lose at this point. Bizzaro world stuff.

Most teams substitute heavily at ALL positions EXCEPT offensive line. Butch and company do the opposite as usual... lol we leave the same defense in for an average of 40 minutes a game, and then say, well they are gassed, what can we do, the offense just wont execute, lol...

Facepalm

i find it at least curious that with three years under their belts with most of this group of OL, we still have not found a line up or rotation that works....consistently. the O line is easily the most disappointing thing about this team.

And this is one of the big reasons Butch isn't SEC material. But I digress, because his system of keeping our OL guessing on what the hell they're supposed to do is infallible.

Me too! Kendrick has had 1 penalty and the only one in the line to not give up a sack this year we really need to get rid of him and get another good tackle like Richmond or Hall in there👎.

Stupidity on this board is off the charts👿

And play three different positions.

I am flat out convinced, especially after the last three years, that this coaching staff has no clue what to do with an offensive line.

Reactions: 1 person
Did not know Coleman was still on the team. At this point butch is grasping for straws. No set ol half way through the season

I've always thought that Coleman was more of a liability to the starting line-up. Not every single time, but often times he has been beaten off the line and had missed assignments galore. I figure the coaches are just trying not to get JG killed on Saturday, but surely the most optimum line-up doesn't have Coleman Thomas at starting center?

Maybe I missed the discussion but any thoughts on Thomas starting at center, Robertson moving to guard and Brett Kendrick at tackle?

Should have been our line up all season. We would be 5-1 and season would not be lost. Thomas is not great but he is serviceable. Robertson is best at guard and much better than JJones. Kendrick is much better than Tatum.

We would have beaten both FL and SC with this line and GaTech would not have been a nail biter. QB play would be better with this line. All that being said- now is too late for Bama but this will help later in season.

Should have been our line up all season. We would be 5-1 and season would not be lost. Thomas is not great but he is serviceable. Robertson is best at guard and much better than JJones. Kendrick is much better than Tatum.

We would have beaten both FL and SC with this line and GaTech would not have been a nail biter. QB play would be better with this line. All that being said- now is too late for Bama but this will help later in season.

Richmond seems to play better with Robertson beside him. This whole offensive line mess is the result of trying to find a place for JJones and has cost CBJ and staff their jobs.

I've always thought that Coleman was more of a liability to the starting line-up. Not every single time, but often times he has been beaten off the line and had missed assignments galore. I figure the coaches are just trying not to get JG killed on Saturday, but surely the most optimum line-up doesn't have Coleman Thomas at starting center?

He has played hurt for a lot of his time at UT. When he had been healthy our offense has performed the best over the past 3 years.

Yeah think Thomas lost confidence playing with swollen ankles against App State where he was beat often. He is a good pulling center and snaps a crisper ball back to the shotgun than JR. We will need every 10th of second we can get in the shotgun and I also think Robertson is better at guard, I said as much when he centered the fumble up his butt against UGA.

Yeah think Thomas lost confidence playing with swollen ankles against App State where he was beat often. He is a good pulling center and snaps a crisper ball back to the shotgun than JR. We will need every 10th of second we can get in the shotgun and I also think Robertson is better at guard, I said as much when he centered the fumble up his butt against UGA.

CBJ is losing his job for his inability to put the best players on the field in the right positions.

well if he can stay set, then yeah, but the false starts in the red zone have been killers

Not being able to get in the red zone has been a killer...

Bc of coaching, depth, talent, play calling, untied shoe laces, helmets arent tight enough, and other teams are better.

Again, it's losing Boulware that causes Robertson to move back to guard. Jones has been playing soft. Thomas at C seems like a correct plan. Only go to JJ for rest or loss.
OL prob stays well rested Sat w plenty of brief appearances on the field.

Thomas isn't a bad lineman. His problem has been trying to play hurt due to lack of offensive line depth. If he is healthy, he could play like 2015, when he did pretty good.

VN Store

Back