Coleman Thomas starting at center

UT would be better served to chop block.

Chop/cut blocking has the advantage of allowing less talented linemen to compete with a superior opponent. I can't think of a better week to install and use it....along with two backs and a TE. That, however, is not going to happen with this staff and team. We will take the field and try to do what we've been doing all year long. Just hope we can get out of this one with no season ending injuries.

well, I always thought Trey should be playing left tackle...if I'm a right handed QB that's who I would want there...protecting my backside...:):)

GO VOLS!

Me too! Kendrick has had 1 penalty and the only one in the line to not give up a sack this year we really need to get rid of him and get another good tackle like Richmond or Hall in there👎.

Stupidity on this board is off the charts👿

Yes, your post number is an indication that you've not been here long.

Lots of anger and uninformed opinion here. It's best to wear flame retardant shorts and a "Meh" attitude to most all you read on this site.

Probably best to remain silent and not reply like I always do.

Oops. Oh no!!

I think part of our issue is not sticking with a plan be it QB or O-line. The only thing we have stuck with is not rotating Dline or MLB. We are backwards.

Reactions: Weezer
Bad decision. Coleman Thomas got blown off the ball last year by stronger DTs. Out of any team, Alabama is the worst team to expose this again.

Got to give Guarantano a shot to not get killed, so chalk this up as another stupid move by Butch.

Who didn't know that was how it should be is the better question? Kendrick, Thomas, and Robertson are seniors. They would be playing their natural positions. But as Butch has done ever since he arrived, he moved them around and destroyed the continuity that could have been built for two inexperienced QB's.

Which is one of many reasons why he is done as a HC at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Me too! Kendrick has had 1 penalty and the only one in the line to not give up a sack this year we really need to get rid of him and get another good tackle like Richmond or Hall in there👎.

Kendrick has been getting worked!

Not sure what guy you're seeing.

I know your agenda...you know mine. :huggy:

Who didn't know that was how it should be is the better question? Kendrick, Thomas, and Robertson are seniors. They would be playing their natural positions. But as Butch has done ever since he arrived, he moved them around and destroyed the continuity that could have been built for two inexperienced QB's.

Which is one of many reasons why he is done as a HC at UT.

First season that they’ve played Kendrick at OG. Sucks less there. :) Stands up straight and slaps at you as you go by like a mofo!

You'd think with a RB like that we'd run him more on 3rd & 1...

Or perhaps when it's 1st and goal on the 3 yard line, you'd think we'd feed him until he gets in the endzone.

Does Butch really lack that much confidence in our O line? A line with over a hundred starts?

are just stupid. We had a third and 1 against USC--the only short-yardage down we had up to that point in the 2nd half, a half where we couldn't make a first down--and these geniuses decided another rollout with JG was the play to call, and he got sacked for, like, the 19th time. Seriously? It is idiocy like that that cost us the florida game (again) and cost us the South Carolina game. We have stupid coaches.

As for the offensive line, as a couple of others have mentioned: the coaches have been moving around the same group of five or six guys for, what two full years? Have they STILL not figured out which guys work best in which positions? Apparently not. I realize that some of it is performance related--if a guy is not playing well you have to make changes--but this is yet another reason why our offense sux.

I thought this was supposed to be a good group of offensive linemen--our best in years. Wasn't that the conventional wisdom at the beginning of last year? Now, it seems, it's little more than a group of stiffs. I truly think that our offensive coaching is just off-the-charts bad--and it will be the downfall of Butch Jones, much as it was for Fulmer. There were other issues with Fulmer--burn-out, a staff that had grown stale--but our slide started with the deterioration of the offense over a period of years.

The good news is that Jones plans on keeping the offense ultra conservative like last week.

“One of the things with a young quarterback is you have to make sure that you don’t put too much on his plate so early,” Jones said the radio show. “We don’t want his mind to tie his feet up. We want him to really go out there and play freely and not be thinking, especially against a team like Alabama. With their team speed, he’s going to have to make split-second decisions. So I think there’s a fine line to giving him, in the playbook, as much as he can handle but not overdoing it, as well.”

They may set a school record for sacks given up in a game given SC got 7 last week. Another monumental moment Jones can point out.

While I agree that coaching from the top down is appropriately questioned, at some point the players have to play tougher. A tough OLineman eventually will say I'm going to whip the guy across from me, or that OLineman doesn't have the toughness needed in the SEC. I question our toughness.

i find it at least curious that with three years under their belts with most of this group of OL, we still have not found a line up or rotation that works....consistently. the O line is easily the most disappointing thing about this team.

VN Store

Back