Coaching rumor thread "Daily Cliff's Notes" **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubbs saying focus shifted to strong before Gundy news leaked. Saying Hart has been on the phone with Strong this morning and that strong has been talking to people about the UT job.

Reactions: 2 people
According to Louisville radio station 104.5...Charlie Strong is meeting with his team at 2:45...no word on what he is telling them.

Per Mark Packer Twitter

Reactions: 1 person
Gundy turns down Tennessee offer; staying at Oklahoma State

By Bruce Feldman | Senior College Football Columnist
December 5, 2012 10:11 am ET

115 | Comments

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has been offered the Tennessee head coaching job, a source told CBSSports.com Wednesday morning. Later in the day, a source says Gundy declined the offer and told UT he plans to remain at OSU.

The 45-year-old former standout OSU quarterback led the Cowboys to a school-record 12 wins and their first BCS bowl appearance last season, and finished No. 3 in the nation. This fall, despite having had to play three QBs because of injuries, the Cowboys finished the regular season 7-5. He is 66-35 in eight seasons at his alma mater.

The coach's name has come up quite a bit this month for top coaching vacancies. Friction between Gundy and OSU AD Mike Holder has added to the intrigue.

Tennessee is replacing Derek Dooley who was fired last month after going 4-7 and having gone 1-14 in SEC play the past two seasons. Sources say UT hopes to have its new coach on board by the end of this week.

SIAP

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

Reactions: 3 people
Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247

People keep talking about a 3:45 EST Louisville team meeting, but I'm still hearing 4:30 EST.

A mandatory team meeting of University of Louisville football players has been called for 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, with the agenda being preparations for the Sugar Bowl game against Florida.

That may have been the original intent but circumstances dictate that the meeting will center on the coaching situation, and whether Charlie Strong will head for Tennessee.

Right now, the players are firm in their conviction that Strong is staying, according to a Belknap source. Most everybody else has serious doubts about him hanging around.
Team meeting for Louisville football players | UofL Card Game

* According to this site the meeting was set yesterday.

This question was asked by another poster to Hubbs:

This was a quote you made last night. "I like the chances with Strong" Now, I know things appear to have changed since that comment. So, do you still like the chances with Strong?

Hubbs replied:

I don't know. I really don't. Louisville is matching money and I think it comes down to whether or not Strong is comfortable with everything at Tennessee and if he really indeed wants back in the SEC.

This was posted at 15:23 today....I sure hope we dont lose out on Strong.

Jason Higdon's Twitter a few mins ago

'Tennessee is trying to come Godfather style and I'm talking about part 1 making him an offer he can't refuse.'

@KentTaylorWAVE: U of L team meeting now at the Trager Center, nothing out of it yet, but hearing from sources that Strong is staying.

Local guy: @KentTaylorWAVE: U of L team meeting now at the Trager Center, nothing out of it yet, but hearing from sources that Strong is staying.

@TimSullivan714: Attending media stakeout at Louisville football facility. U of L spokesman says Charlie Strong not here.

I'm hear [sic] at the airport and Dave Hart's car is here sitting outside the Pilot hanger [sic]. We're obviously calling and trying to find out where exactly he is right now but I can tell you that's where his vehicle is.

-VQ@4:41

13m Howie Lindsey ‏@howielindsey
Louisville players just left the workout and are heading into the complex for meeting pic.twitter.com/YZaHohDc

‏@AdamHimmelsbach
A U of L source told me that as of 4:30 p.m., the board of trustees had not yet been asked to approve a new contract for Strong.

rickbozich ‏@rickbozich
Howard says this is Charlie's day in the sun facing an opportunity that may never come again.
Retweeted by Brendan F. Quinn

Adam Himmelsbach ‏@AdamHimmelsbach
A U of L source told me that as of 4:30 p.m., the board of trustees had not yet been asked to approve a new contract for Strong.
Retweeted by InsideTennessee.com

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Charlie Strong just arrived at Louisville's bowl team travel meeting

Clay Travis citing Inside the ville "Strong told his team that he will address his future at a press conference tomorrow".

‏@ITVHughes
Hearing Charlie Strong told team he will have press conference tomorrow about his future.

@GregGaston25
Via Louisville player: Charlie Strong is leaving UL and will be named the next head coach of Tennessee.

Mike Hughes ‏@ITVHughes

Not getting good vibe from complex. Players don't appear excited. Strong snuck out. No news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back