Coaching rumor thread "Daily Cliff's Notes" **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jason_Higdon: I believe Larry Fedora is meeting with Tennessee and Charlie Strong will announce Wed he is staying with Louisville

Reactions: 14 people
Jason Higdon ‏@Jason_Higdon
yes, I understand what everyone including ESPN is reporting. I guess I am standing alone on this one folks. lonely on this ledge

‏@Jason_Higdon There will be a team meeting tomorrow with Louisville but do not expect announcement either way as it stands right now

wesrucker247 UT would prefer to have this thing wrapped up by tomorrow. RT @the12gauge: @wesrucker247 Do you think we'll have an announcement this week?

Rucker's twitter

Reactions: 2 people
Richard Gardner ‏@richgard16
@Jason_Higdon is this your opinion or your "sources"? I can't help but remeber you saying Strong and Tennessee had never talked, which is it

Jason Higdon ‏@Jason_Higdon
@richgard16 they had not talked when I reported that they now have and they will again

Higdon seems to be flip flopping

Reactions: 2 people
Hubbs was asking "WTF is going on???"

Rumors out the rear end: Here are the latest rumors.

1. Rumor out of Stillwater is that Gundy hasn't given Tennessee an answer.
2. Rumors out of Louisville is that Strong is leaving for Tennessee
3. Rumors out of Louisville that says Strong is staying
4. Rumors of part of Strong's potential staff at Tennessee visiting with each other.

That's just a few of them.

No one knows anything.

Reactions: 6 people
Just heard UT got bad news x2. For what it's worth.

Was just told UT will counter for strong first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
quote:
Strong believes he has an offer to be Tennessee's coach. And we have been told that he does.

Gundy believes he can be Tennessee's coach and is going to tell them something tomorrow.

I think Strong has wanted the job. But has Tennessee really offered the position to two coaches? That's not commonplace in a coaching search and how does that end?

Hubbs.

GenoEspn Gene Wojciechowski
RT @groy78: @GenoEspn what is Tennessee going to do?//C Low reporting Strong is frontrunner, but also says is fluid situation. STay tuned.

U.G.O. Sports ‏@UGOsports
"Just got confirmation: #Tennessee will have a new coach announced TODAY. #Vols"

Not sure how reliable this guy his. Sports talk host from Tullahoma. Thought it was worth sharing though.

Posted by Gobigorange11 at 9:30 am in REcruiting forum...

J-bay on the Eric Ainge show just said he heard Bill King on satellite radio that we have spoken to Jim Tressel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back