Coaching rumor thread "Daily Cliff's Notes" **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I believe to be the last couple of hours.

Athletics director Dave Hart, his wife and a Tennessee administrator flew to Louisville to visit with Strong and we believe his wife.

The plane with Hart and company has returned to Knoxville. Strong isn't with them, but I don't think that means he has turned Tennessee down.

He hasn't given either side an answer. Sources have indicated to us that Louisville has told Strong they want an answer from him tonight.

So the clock ticks.

-Hubbs

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling

He avoided 25 members of the media. All around the complex

^talking about strong leaving the meeting... Demling works for the Louisville scout site.

Jason Higdon ‏@Jason_Higdon

Charlie Strong met with his team he will make the best decision for those guys. He will meet with them at 7:30am then the media at 8:00am

^7:30 A.M? o_O

On @SportsAnimal99 @JimmyHyams has been told by two sources that Charlie Strong has informed Tennessee that he is staying at Louisville.

Reactions: 4 people
Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247

Wait ... wut? RT @AdamHimmelsbach: U of L PR guru Kenny Klein: "We do not have a press conference scheduled for 8 am or anytime tomorrow."

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

RT @Mengus22: RT @withrowzone: Per @JimmyHyams : I've been told by two sources that Strong has informed TN that he is staying at Louisville

Reactions: 3 people
Per @JimmyHyams : I've been told by two sources that Strong has informed TN that he is staying at Louisville

Reactions: 3 people
Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams

2 sources told me charlie strong told UT he's staying at louisville but UT has come back with huge counter. Strong to talk to team thurs am

Reactions: 1 person
@McMurphyESPN
Strong told Cards in team meeting Wed he'd make decision "that is best for program." Tennessee offered $3.5M/yr, UL redoing contract

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel
Just reached out to Butch Jones, who said any report of him taking the Colorado job is "absolutely false."

Yay4Bray said that Jon Gruden to Tennessee will be announced in the next 24 hours: I tweeted something about it and VolRumorMill responded saying he has heard the same thing

https://twitter.com/VolRumorMill

He has been pretty accurate with his info throughout this process

Dustin Kelver‏@CleverKelver

I had a source tell me that Gundy, Strong, and Fedora would all decline TN offers. Same source tells me about Gruden

9mVolRumorMill‏@VolRumorMill

@CleverKelver I've heard the exact same thing...But this Strong situation is so crazy that I am now questioning everything.

8mDustin Kelver‏@CleverKelver

@VolRumorMill You have heard JG to TN or about the deniais?

7mVolRumorMill‏@VolRumorMill

@CleverKelver both

3mDustin Kelver‏@CleverKelver

@VolRumorMill The Strong situation has been ridiculous but so has this whole search. How much do you trust the source talking about JG?

1mVolRumorMill‏@VolRumorMill

@CleverKelver At this point I have no reason not to believe anyone that I go to for information.

There is the conversation

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
@Davidclimer Anyone Reporting Conclusive Decision On Strong/Tennessee Is Guessing. Lots Of Misinformation Out There

Daniel Gray: “@Ballhawk_23: Strong turned down the deal”

Jayson Swain: “@JaysonSwain: Not surprised at all Charlie Strong is staying.”

A little more...
There was confidence tonight and that confidence has turned to real surprise for Tennessee after Louisville head coach Charlie Strong called athletics director Dave Hart to tell him he was declining Harts offer to be his head coach.

With rejections from Strong and Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy on Wednesday, Tennessee is reshuffling the deck and is back to ground zero on their search for a new head coach.

It has been thought that they would turn to North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora. And they likely will. However sources close to Fedora and the North Carolina situation aren't convinced that Fedora would take the job. He's obviously the first name to watch.

After that, it's anyone's guess right now as Tennessee is scrambling to restart a search that they thought was concluded on Wednesday night.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 2 people
Will West ‏@WillWestWNML

As @JWilkersonWNML points out regularly I am Greg Roman's Southeast representation. Dude's family says he wants the job. Give it to him

Reactions: 16 people
Stephen Hargis ‏@StephenHargis
Id say vic grider stepping down tonite as coach will have some folks connecting all kinds of dots

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back