Coaches, the positive

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
During our coaching search a lot of TN fans were wanting names like Frost, Kelly, Mullen, and Sumlin. Well how about now? Frost is 0-2. First time since 1954 Nebraska started 0-2. Kelly is 0-3 getting blown out by Fresno State. Mullen lost at home to KY giving away a 31 game winning streak. Sumlin is 1-2 with his only win against Southern Utah. I know CJP has yet to prove anything as head coach yet but I think we got the right guy. The other guys have fallen on their face right out of the gate. I didn't hear anybody clamoring for Taggart but my goodness Florida State is horrible. Like always we are going to have to be patient again but I think we are headed in the right direction. I certainly hope so.

Pretty sure most on vn believe 3 games is way too soon to judge CJP. But we can judge other coaches in that same span?

Also weird that many folks here say history has nothing to do with anything but we use UK/UF history to prove a point

Always a contrary response from you no matter what someone post unless it's negative against TN of course. I noticed you didn't answer the question. Would you rather have one of the other coaches? Sure you would.

Unfortunately we live in a instant pudding, time saving, push button and I want it now world. In my opinion (I know opinions are like arm pits, most everybody has one and they all stink) I think the rebuild will be slow and steady but in a couple years we as fans will be proud to call Pruitt our coach. Slow may not be popular but may be best.

Always a contrary response from you no matter what someone post unless it's negative against TN of course. I noticed you didn't answer the question. Would you rather have one of the other coaches? Sure you would.
Was something i said wrong?

During our coaching search a lot of TN fans were wanting names like Frost, Kelly, Mullen, and Sumlin. Well how about now? Frost is 0-2. First time since 1954 Nebraska started 0-2. Kelly is 0-3 getting blown out by Fresno State. Mullen lost at home to KY giving away a 31 game winning streak. Sumlin is 1-2 with his only win against Southern Utah. I know CJP has yet to prove anything as head coach yet but I think we got the right guy. The other guys have fallen on their face right out of the gate. I didn't hear anybody clamoring for Taggart but my goodness Florida State is horrible. Like always we are going to have to be patient again but I think we are headed in the right direction. I certainly hope so.

How is Mike Leach's team doing so far?

I would much rather Leach have been hired.

Of course I doubt he would let Fulmer sit in on coaches meetings and watch film with him. Which may be why he didnt get hired.

Unfortunately we live in a instant pudding, time saving, push button and I want it now world. In my opinion (I know opinions are like arm pits, most everybody has one and they all stink) I think the rebuild will be slow and steady but in a couple years we as fans will be proud to call Pruitt our coach. Slow may not be popular but may be best.
Instant Pudding is so 80’s

You have to remember that our HC has zero experience, our OC has never been a full time OC calling all the plays, and a DC who's never been one before. It's amateur hour and these guys are being paid millions to learn on the job. They will get better but I'm not convinced tgey know what they are doing just yet.

Reactions: MaTaLa

Of course I doubt he would let Fulmer sit in on coaches meetings and watch film with him. Which may be why he didnt get hired.

LOL! Could you imagine Phil sitting with Mike Leach and discussing coaching philosophies? Phil, "you got to work like heck, play conservative and be physical." Leach, "fluck that. Air that sob out and score, score, and score some more!" Phil, 'you're fired!"

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I wouldn't think any of these coaches would light it up from game one. You make coaching changes when things are going bad, not when they are going good. Just like us, its going to take 2-3 years to turn them around.

Don't really care how down trodden other teams are...we're right there with them, and have been there longer than most. When we start not being the laughing stock of SEC...9 game SEC losing record, then maybe I'll start busting on other teams.

Reactions: jbr82

Because pass first offenses have historically won lots of championships?

Pruitt is the type of coach that TN needs to be successful in the SEC. Good recruiter, tough nosed, and wants to run a smashmouth, ball control offense that eats game clock and keeps his defense rested. That style of football is what has created the most champions in this sport than any other. It's what lead TN to success under Neyland, Majors, and Fulmer.

Regardless if Pruitt is a massive success as HC, we can at least feel reassured that he knows how to recruit for this league and has a staff that has proven they know how to develop football players. With each successive hire since Fulmer we didnt think it could get worse but it did. That ends with Pruitt. He won't leave TN in worse shape than he found it. At least we have that to be positive about

We have the right coaches. They are constantly coaching the players and as you can see they are coaching them up as they come off the field. They are challenging the players constantly and in their faces letting them know their mistakes.
Play calling is good. RB is good. WR is good. Defense is coming along. OL is a work in progress so stop trashing the players and coaches. The kids are actually making some progress. This is a good coaching staff and they and the players will improve. I was watching the replay today and the improvements are obvious.

So get behind the players and coaches and realize these are young men and the coaches are doing their absolute best. Its SEC conference time and we know what we have so have a little understanding of the current situation and be supportive for a change. No parent or family member should go on the msg boards and see the players and coaches pummeled. This fan base has got to change its ways and let everyone know we support the team and players this year. They need your support we things are at its worse

You have to remember that our HC has zero experience, our OC has never been a full time OC calling all the plays, and a DC who's never been one before. It's amateur hour and these guys are being paid millions to learn on the job. They will get better but I'm not convinced tgey know what they are doing just yet.

Our HC is the true DC and he has lots of experience as one. Also, all of his staff has significant experience in coaching. Will friend has never coached a good OL? Terry fair has never coached DB'S? Rumph doesnt know what he is doing?

Our HC is the true DC and he has lots of experience as one. Also, all of his staff has significant experience in coaching. Will friend has never coached a good OL? Terry fair has never coached DB'S? Rumph doesnt know what he is doing?
I purposefully didnt mention position coaches because they dont have near the influence and power that the HC and coordinators do. They dont set the gameplans and call the plays. Im not talking about them.

I purposefully didnt mention position coaches because they dont have near the influence and power that the HC and coordinators do. They dont set the gameplans and call the plays. Im not talking about them.

We dont need to worry about D coaching under Pruitt. He has proven himself in that arena. We will see on Helton. I'm not sold on him yet either but he is an upgrade over that shat show we watched last year and under Butch anytime Dobbs wasnt in the game carrying the team on his shoulders.

UPSET

When used in relation to Tennessee football, refers to the mental condition of the fanbase. For many SEC schools, it means beating a more talented team. When was our last upset?

VN Store

Back