Coaches, the positive

You pretty much proved what i said, you THINK Pruitt is the guy and you think he will prove it this week. I would debate the "looked better each week." We played a good team and got waxed. In the last two weeks we have played lesser opponents on which we are superior at every single position on the field, all of them. While the d looks okay, our offense is pathetic. Against UTEP, we only sustained two scoring drives. The other two were 1 play and 3 plays. We looked undisciplined and uninterested, just like we have looked all year.
Ill agree that the uf game is big as always and i dont buy into the " not meaning anything because they suck too" argument. Uf has proven they can beat us at their worse almost always. So to me, in dont really care how we look in this game in terms of mistakes etc. I prefer us to look scrappy and do whatever it takes to win. If he does that in year one that will be a nice first step.

We’ll find out this week if we got caught looking ahead to Florida after that performance against UTEP. I don’t see why we would’ve even thought about looking ahead, but it’s possible.

Reactions: volfannbama
Mullen. If he can win at MSU he will win at Florida eventually

Especially, especially with FSU looking so horrible. It’s hard to even calculate how this will help UF’s recruiting as it becomes the school of choice again for in-state talent. Part of UF’s demise was that Jimbo Fisher was basically getting the top talent in the state of Florida. Mullen can coach, we already know this, and with elite in-state talent joining him, watch out.

LOL. Why?
Answer the question. What did he win? A Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl. WOW! One 10 win season.
Well lets just see there friend.
He went 69- 46 including 33- 39 in the toughest division in all of football... at Mississippi Freaking State. Not only the complete bottom program in the West, they're not even the most popular school in their state. Easily the hardest school to win at in the West. Its laughable you think he should have outperformed Alabama, Auburn and LSU during his stint. He would have OWNED the East had State been there instead.
By your logic Franklin did nothing at Vandy. Or Spurrier do much more at SCjr. Heck, at Duke either.
It blows my mind that some of you scoff at what he accomplished there.

Especially, especially with FSU looking so horrible. It’s hard to even calculate how this will help UF’s recruiting as it becomes the school of choice again for in-state talent. Part of UF’s demise was that Jimbo Fisher was basically getting the top talent in the state of Florida. Mullen can coach, we already know this, and with elite in-state talent joining him, watch out.
You’re right unfortunately

Because it is more about personnel and fitting a coaches system than it is about some coach being the brain of football. That is why I like Pruitt he knows the players he needs and he will have them by year three.

Reactions: GBOx2
I think the last two games have all been about evaluation and the coaches have a really good idea who can play and who can't. In some position it appears that we don't have enough players who can play like the OL so we'll see how they try to manage that. I haven't seen anything that has discouraged me or made me think that the coaches weren't doing an excellent job. The QB change against ElPaso didn't affect me at all don't think Pruitt was out there to blow ElPaso out of the water just wanted a win and see what certain players could do in live action. I'm sure the two minute drill in practice is more challenging than a two minute drill against the Texas ElPaso defense.
I would like to see more of a safety valve receiver in the passing game maybe they didn't see the necessity for that in the last two games.

Well lets just see there friend.
He went 69- 46 including 33- 39 in the toughest division in all of football... at Mississippi Freaking State. Not only the complete bottom program in the West, they're not even the most popular school in their state. Easily the hardest school to win at in the West. Its laughable you think he should have outperformed Alabama, Auburn and LSU during his stint. He would have OWNED the East had State been there instead.
By your logic Franklin did nothing at Vandy. Or Spurrier do much more at SCjr. Heck, at Duke either.
It blows my mind that some of you scoff at what he accomplished there.

2-16 vs ranked opponents.

2-16 vs ranked opponents.
When you coach at the worst program in the toughest division in football against AL, Auburn and LSU every year, yeah, tends to be that way.
9 win seasons at UT, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Florida = gets you fired.
9 win seasons at Miss St = gets you worshipped.
I never said Mullen was a fantastic coach that will win big at a bigger school, but the dude is a good coach and for you to dismiss what he did at Miss St is ridiculous.

When you coach at the worst program in the toughest division in football against AL, Auburn and LSU every year, yeah, tends to be that way.
9 win seasons at UT, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Florida = gets you fired.
9 win seasons at Miss St = gets you worshipped.
I never said Mullen was a fantastic coach that will win big at a bigger school, but the dude is a good coach and for you to dismiss what he did at Miss St is ridiculous.

9 wins is good at MSU, I just don't see the man crush some have with him. Lots of coaches had good seasons at schools not real well known as football powers for a couple years and flamed out at "traditional" schools.......Tommy Bowden, Ty Willingham, Kevin Sumlin, maybe even Jim Harbaugh.
I see Mullen more like that. I really hope I'm right.

VN Store

Back