Coach Prime

The Colts drafted John Elway. They traded him after the fact.
I think you are correct. Misremembered.
So funny how I have almost a complete story and even the rhythm of events of those 40 year old run of the mill sports stories, but know nothing about any major league rosters anymore

I think I read about him saying he'd just go play baseball for the Yankees if the Colts drafted him. The same thing also happened with Eli Manning. Having Archie helped to get him in a winnable situation. I also remember Kobe Bryant getting out of signing his contract with the Hornets. If you have those connections, sometimes nepotism can work to your favor.
The Kobe trade was agreed to before the draft even occurred. It was Vlade Divac that threatened to retire if he got traded to the Hornets.

The Kobe trade was agreed to before the draft even occurred. It was Vlade Divac that threatened to retire if he got traded to the Hornets.
No way Vlade was going to retire if he was being traded to the cigarette capital of the United States. Too many good smokes in the Carolinas.

I'm not sure the University of Colorado cares. The revenue, media coverage, etc. they received just in the first half of last season probably financially justified his entire contract. He actually had some serious CFB people talking about a potential playoff spot or NY6 bowl after week 2.

I'm not sure the University of Colorado cares. The revenue, media coverage, etc. they received just in the first half of last season probably financially justified his entire contract. He actually had some serious CFB people talking about a potential playoff spot or NY6 bowl after week 2.
The media are gullible and in serious need of something to talk about 24/7/365.

I agree, but the bolded part is because those people were seriously dumb.

They couldn't have been that serious. Everyone knew they weren't good.

VN Store

Back