Coach Prime

The Colts drafted John Elway. They traded him after the fact.
I think you are correct. Misremembered.
So funny how I have almost a complete story and even the rhythm of events of those 40 year old run of the mill sports stories, but know nothing about any major league rosters anymore

I think I read about him saying he'd just go play baseball for the Yankees if the Colts drafted him. The same thing also happened with Eli Manning. Having Archie helped to get him in a winnable situation. I also remember Kobe Bryant getting out of signing his contract with the Hornets. If you have those connections, sometimes nepotism can work to your favor.
The Kobe trade was agreed to before the draft even occurred. It was Vlade Divac that threatened to retire if he got traded to the Hornets.

I'm not sure the University of Colorado cares. The revenue, media coverage, etc. they received just in the first half of last season probably financially justified his entire contract. He actually had some serious CFB people talking about a potential playoff spot or NY6 bowl after week 2.

I'm not sure the University of Colorado cares. The revenue, media coverage, etc. they received just in the first half of last season probably financially justified his entire contract. He actually had some serious CFB people talking about a potential playoff spot or NY6 bowl after week 2.
The media are gullible and in serious need of something to talk about 24/7/365.

I agree, but the bolded part is because those people were seriously dumb.

They couldn't have been that serious. Everyone knew they weren't good.

Deion is starting to get a bad reputation among even recruits now. He shows clear favoritism towards his sons and Hunter while putting down the kids that aren’t starting caliber. For a guy that won Super Bowls you would think he would put an emphasis on the entire team because that is what wins you championships at the end of the day. There is a reason kids are transferring out once they see the real Deion. A 56 year old getting into an online spat with a kid that is over 30 years younger than you is pretty darn embarrassing. But he is too egotistical to acknowledge that. He is about to crash and burn imo.

On top of how he handles things, he comes off as a fake Christian also. Whenever you respond “Lawd Jesus” that’s a little blasphemous in my eyes. Usually people like him that like to be front and center have this insatiable need to be validated in some kind of way. If he actually came across as a genuine human being then maybe there wouldn’t be so many people against him. Just everything about the man comes off as fake to me. I hope for his sake that he realizes that soon or else he is about to burn a lot of bridges.

Deion is starting to get a bad reputation among even recruits now. He shows clear favoritism towards his sons and Hunter while putting down the kids that aren’t starting caliber. For a guy that won Super Bowls you would think he would put an emphasis on the entire team because that is what wins you championships at the end of the day. There is a reason kids are transferring out once they see the real Deion. A 56 year old getting into an online spat with a kid that is over 30 years younger than you is pretty darn embarrassing. But he is too egotistical to acknowledge that. He is about to crash and burn imo.
Deion has been poison everywhere he's been. Cowboys, Falcons, Yankees, Braves. He is the same old Deion.

On top of how he handles things, he comes off as a fake Christian also. Whenever you respond “Lawd Jesus” that’s a little blasphemous in my eyes. Usually people like him that like to be front and center have this insatiable need to be validated in some kind of way. If he actually came across as a genuine human being then maybe there wouldn’t be so many people against him. Just everything about the man comes off as fake to me. I hope for his sake that he realizes that soon or else he is about to burn a lot of bridges.
Those bridges have been burnt starting long ago and he's still lighting them today. Deion has always used people up, burned through them.

Deion appeared to never be about team. Just a side act.

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back