Coach Butch Jones,how long a leash does he have ?

I say its going to atleast take 4 to 5 yrs for Butch and his staff build enough depth to start competing for the top spot in the sec. But I also think we will start be very competitive in a couple of yrs its going to take time and I'm willing to give him as much time as it takes. The last thing we need is to fire a coach and start over again. I really believe that we have got the right man for the job. GO VOLS!

What are you morons talking about? Good grief he is better for this program than the other two coaches combined and he is recruiting like hell. Get off his arse, bunch of real losers on this site. Someone says good op, and I say bs op.

How about we allow CBJ to complete his first year at UT before we start talking leashes.
Amen! End thread! :good!:

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Reactions: 1 person
it will take more than 3 years,they will have to get the freshmen in,get them into the SnC part,which if things were good,they would have a couple of years
,there not

they will get thrown into the SEC fire in a hurry,which is a good thing and a bad thing,depth will have to be built and it is going to take time to get 3 or 4 deep.which is needed to be on top

when Dooley came here,it was said,that it was a 5 to 6 year job to rebuild the Vols and it hasn't gotten any better

it is going to be tuff and i don't know if CBJ is the man or not,that will take time to tell and we all know,that is short,him and his staff will have to perform in a hurry

what do ya'll think ?

It will take more than 3 years for what? Be more specific.

Year 1 (This Year) -- there has been significant imporvement.

A great recruiting class is coming in.

I will predict UT will be a factor next year(year 2) in the East. They could possibly win it. There will be holes to fill on OL and DL and maybe LB and RB. But still there is no reason to believe there want be significant improvement over year 1.

Year 3--They will be back as a contender for the SEC Championship game.

One more thing, I like to live in the present so beating Vandy is really all that matters right now.

LOL- I've given up... There are certain posters on here that are just not rational about the program. It will take 2 maybe even 3 years before UT will be considered a team that can compete to win the SEC. I'm not sure next year will be a whole lot different than this year but 2015 should be the year we see a significant uptick. I for one can be patient for that and if by that time we don't see things are much better these types of threads will make sense.:peace2:

I think, in theory, that it should take a good HC and competent staff about 3 years to get a program turned around.

Our current reality is that Butch will probably get 4 because we're currently paying too many people too much money not to coach as is.

I sure as hell was no fan of Dools, but if Wilcox and Sirmon had stayed I firmly believe that 2012 Tennessee team would have won at least 10, possibly 11 games (GA, SC, FL, MSU, MIZ, VU). The offense was just too potent. But, it didn't happen, and that's life. My point is that even Dools had the offense more or less turned around by Year 3. Unfortunately for him, his hire of a crappy DC did him in, so that was that.

Going back to look at the numbers, both of the programs Jones has previously coached at show a significant, and I mean significant, Year 2 improvement. I think we'll be surprisingly good next year despite losing some experienced seniors.

UT has installed the first revolving door coaching experiment ever. Gotta stop somewhere.

Or else you move out of moms house and become the next great head coach. Big decisions for you tomorrow.

Him? Move out of his parent's basement and stop playing Xbox90 and Grand theft auto and find a job? You're reaching, alot of kids want things Right now, Or else??

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ should get 4 more years from now or hopefully after a bowl win

just because Hart cut CDD off at the knees,that is a pet peeve of mine and i will try and not post it any more

hart did back into a very good coach,now CBJ needs time to develop his team and we shall see how well he does

He ain't gettin' Johnny Majors time to succeed.

it will take more than 3 years,they will have to get the freshmen in,get them into the SnC part,which if things were good,they would have a couple of years
,there not

they will get thrown into the SEC fire in a hurry,which is a good thing and a bad thing,depth will have to be built and it is going to take time to get 3 or 4 deep.which is needed to be on top

when Dooley came here,it was said,that it was a 5 to 6 year job to rebuild the Vols and it hasn't gotten any better

it is going to be tuff and i don't know if CBJ is the man or not,that will take time to tell and we all know,that is short,him and his staff will have to perform in a hurry

what do ya'll think ?

I just saw Dave Hart on Cumberland Ave. He had a 5' leash leading Butch down the street. Butch was shouting "After South Carolina it was 8 feet long, so looks like I have a foot for each game. At least I can't loose all 5' this year!!!"

,there not

what do ya'll think ?

If he recruits like this all the time...Probably 20 or 30 years.

Please learn proper grammar and spelling before posting. With that being said, this year doesn't count for anything whatsoever. We can start analyzing Butch and Co. next season. He's still mopping up the mess left by Doofus. Even tomorrow night doesn't really matter. If he loses to Vandy next year, then we might have some issues.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Please learn proper grammar and spelling before posting. With that being said, this year doesn't count for anything whatsoever. We can start analyzing Butch and Co. next season. He's still mopping up the mess left by Doofus. Even tomorrow night doesn't really matter. If he loses to Vandy next year, then we might have some issues.

Couldn't agree more. A loss tomorrow would be merely annoying. A loss next year would be troubling.

Reactions: 2 people
Couldn't agree more. A loss tomorrow would be merely annoying. A loss next year would be troubling.

This time next year, assuming Dobbs progresses, we should take care of Vandy by 20+.

Oh please....really? We knew this was a down year....he upset a top 10 team and without the fumble....we upset Georgia. Come on! Let the man finish this year....bring in his top 5 recruiting class....yes at least top 5 and give him time! Geez!

Reactions: 2 people

So what u are saying with this logic is that CBJ has less than 2 yrs. Well noted...

This x1000. People need to calm down. A loss to Vandy this year would suck but if they were to beat us next year then I would begin to worry.

No, the conversation is NOT going on. Butch Jones has been on the job at Tennessee for 10 games.

Dear God.

I keep seeing people talk about other members who are calling for bj's firing. Problem is that I've never once seen someone actually suggest he should be fired.

I keep seeing people talk about other members who are calling for bj's firing. Problem is that I've never once seen someone actually suggest he should be fired.

I can probably name a few on here who didn't care for the hire in the first place and would have liked to see Dools keep his job for another year.

I won't name names, but we all know who they are.

VN Store

Back