Coach Butch Jones,how long a leash does he have ?

He has bare minimum four years unless he is worse than Dooley which I don't believe is possible.

I honestly don't know why this is being discussed at this point. One of the toughest schedules with one of the most depleted teams in several decades and still he has managed to beat a highly ranked opponent and is on track to have one of the best recruiting classes in the nation.

Reactions: 5 people
i'm with you on the 4 years after this season,so that will be 5,in 2 years do think others will be so nice as us ? i don't think so

Give him time quite honestly he doesn't have to have us back at the top in two years for him to stay just needs to show improvement from year to year. Now by time the 2013 class are seniors I expect us to be at least competing for the SECe title. This won't be a 6 year job but a 3-4 year job before we back on track

We can't afford to fire him, period. I also believe in the years to come, he will prove there is no need to. If we see a steady improvement from him and the team, he will stay. And We can easily improve from where we are now. I think this in turn, will buy him some time to catch on to what does and does not work in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
We could go 6 and 6 for the next 3 years and still have a heck of a football team, that's life in the SEC, at least 3 more recruiting classes to get back to the top in the country, now that don't mean we cant expect to improve week to week and year to year that all I ask for I don't think that's to much to expect.

Last edited:
it will take more than 3 years,they will have to get the freshmen in,get them into the SnC part,which if things were good,they would have a couple of years
,there not

they will get thrown into the SEC fire in a hurry,which is a good thing and a bad thing,depth will have to be built and it is going to take time to get 3 or 4 deep.which is needed to be on top

when Dooley came here,it was said,that it was a 5 to 6 year job to rebuild the Vols and it hasn't gotten any better

it is going to be tuff and i don't know if CBJ is the man or not,that will take time to tell and we all know,that is short,him and his staff will have to perform in a hurry

what do ya'll think ?

You do know Butch has the number 2 recruiting class on Rivals. Butch Jones will be at Tennessee as football coach for a long time. If you don't see that then you do not know football. No coach in America could take this team and do any better. Just do not hurt yourself when you jump back on the wagon when he does get us turned around and winning the SEC east and SEC championship. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Give him time quite honestly he doesn't have to have us back at the top in two years for him to stay just needs to show improvement from year to year. Now by time the 2013 class are seniors I expect us to be at least competing for the SECe title. This won't be a 6 year job but a 3-4 year job before we back on track

i think it will be a 5 year job to right the Vols,3 years is a fast track,i don't know if that will happen or not,i do hope so

IMO given that all CDD had to do to keep his job was to post a 6-6 record in year 3 after two consecutive losing seasons, a similar amount of latitude will be given to CBJ. maybe more, since CDD was an incredible failure as far as relationships with boosters, staff, fans, etc. -- CBJ is pushing the right buttons and that may allow him to stay employed with even worse results on the field.

You do know Butch has the number 2 recruiting class on Rivals. Butch Jones will be at Tennessee as football coach for a long time. If you don't see that then you do not know football. No coach in America could take this team and do any better. Just do not hurt yourself when you jump back on the wagon when he does get us turned around and winning the SEC east and SEC championship. :hi:

i have never jumped off the wagon,i am a die hard Vol fan all of my life and i'm way to damn old to change now :) what i have been trying to say,is that CBJ and company are going to need a lot of time

Would some of you people just give CBJ a chance, PLEASE! I really don't know where some of you people come from!!! Good grief!!!

A few years from now when we are celebrating our NC some of you people will be talking about CBJ going to Michigan, just watch!

:cray::cray::cray:

Last edited:
IMO given that all CDD had to do to keep his job was to post a 6-6 record in year 3 after two consecutive losing seasons, a similar amount of latitude will be given to CBJ. maybe more, since CDD was an incredible failure as far as relationships with boosters, staff, fans, etc. -- CBJ is pushing the right buttons and that may allow him to stay employed with even worse results on the field.

CBJ should get 4 more years from now or hopefully after a bowl win

just because Hart cut CDD off at the knees,that is a pet peeve of mine and i will try and not post it any more

hart did back into a very good coach,now CBJ needs time to develop his team and we shall see how well he does

it will take more than 3 years,they will have to get the freshmen in,get them into the SnC part,which if things were good,they would have a couple of years
,there not

they will get thrown into the SEC fire in a hurry,which is a good thing and a bad thing,depth will have to be built and it is going to take time to get 3 or 4 deep.which is needed to be on top

when Dooley came here,it was said,that it was a 5 to 6 year job to rebuild the Vols and it hasn't gotten any better

it is going to be tuff and i don't know if CBJ is the man or not,that will take time to tell and we all know,that is short,him and his staff will have to perform in a hurry

what do ya'll think ?
I think CBJ cant sprinkle pixie dust on the program to make us when the NC next season. Although, I dont believe it will take 5-6 years, we will get there. I do believe that fans are impatient after everything we've been thru with Dooley. Lets just never forget the lesson with HAVE been learning with firing CPF and the can of worms we opened up.

If Butch continues to recruit like this, then he will only need three to get it turned around. Eight wins in year three should not be that big of a stretch. At this point, I would consider that "turned around." Then you have look at the next phase, which is winning the East. That, I would put around years 4-6.

i think your right on that,Hart is tied to CBJ ,he did back into hiring a good coach

and you are right volatil, but you do have to admit,the conversation is going on

No....OH HELL NO....with an extra NO.....it is not in any way shape or form.
tumblr_m6547p6GxE1rwaz7xo1_500.gif

he could lose every game next year and still be the coach. we wont have enough money to hire another coach after we fire cuonzo.

Standards have been lowered for the Vols in the last decade.

National Champion expectations to bowl eligible hopefuls.

Hart won't be very quick to admit his mistake if Jones goes belly up.

He supposedly talked Dooley into staying on for year 3 so I'd expect 4 years minimum for Jones. People actually like Jones.

Reactions: 3 people
No, the conversation is NOT going on. Butch Jones has been on the job at Tennessee for 10 games.

Dear God.

LOL- I've given up... There are certain posters on here that are just not rational about the program. It will take 2 maybe even 3 years before UT will be considered a team that can compete to win the SEC. I'm not sure next year will be a whole lot different than this year but 2015 should be the year we see a significant uptick. I for one can be patient for that and if by that time we don't see things are much better these types of threads will make sense.:peace2:

VN Store

Back