Coach Butch Jones,how long a leash does he have ?

Just about every coach who gets hired has the same couple of months timespan to get a class together as Butch had. Do you really not count the actual first class of any coach who is ever hired?

Wait...so Kiffin never had a class at TN? Now I understand.

Now, Hurd was coming to Tennessee no matter who was coaching. You guys keep on talking about in state recruiting and how good he has done. Is acquiring only two out of five top Middle Tennessee recruits good?
5 Midstate football recruits to watch

You are fos. Hurd was not coming here to play for Dooley. That's a fact. Also, look at last years top in state recruits according to 247 recruiting.
1-jalen Hurd
2- Malone
3-kelly jr
4-barnett
5-barrs
So we got 4 of top 5, as well as #6 player Mosley, #8 sawyers, #9 gaulden, and #10 Robertson. That's 8 of the top 10 in Tennessee. Lay off the Meth.

Is it possible that you could've possibly missed the point of the question anymore than you did? Probably not.

Guy I responded to wants either Coordinator fired if we don't get to a bowl game....NO MATTER WHAT.

I simply posited the idea, with my question, that perhaps that's not the greatest idea, after only year 2, if both sides of the ball are showing highly significant improvements, which my scenarios via 1 point losses to Oklahoma and Alabama would suggest as compared to the 45 and 35 point blowouts from last year.

Leash?? What leash?? He is rebuilding a football from scratch and you are talking about a leash during his second Fall practice. He has a six year contract. Don't sweat it. He will make it big time.

Now, Hurd was coming to Tennessee no matter who was coaching. You guys keep on talking about in state recruiting and how good he has done. Is acquiring only two out of five top Middle Tennessee recruits good?
5 Midstate football recruits to watch

That's just not true. He's on record saying that Dooley and Graham were barely if at all recruiting him. He may have really wanted to come to UT all along but I doubt he was gonna come play for the worst coach in modern UT football history who wasn't even recruiting him.

+1 KBVol. Hurd was NOT going to play for the VOLS under Dooley. Why would he? A kid with boat loads of talent coming to play for a coach that has LESS knowledge than the player being recruited.

Yes, "do his best". Was Dooley doing anything remotely close to what CBJ is doing when it comes to making in state talent a top priority, allowing alumni to come and go as they please, being relentless in recruiting, and actually looking like he gave a d*** at all? That's just it with Dooley, he looked stupid on our sidelines and acted as if he was here just to collect those millions and didn't wanna earn it. Jones did more in his first 6 months than Dooley could ever dream of doing in all three if his nightmarish years. I know Jones needs to win, but like I said, EFFORT won't be the problem IF he doesn't work out.

He was doing his best!

No, the conversation is NOT going on. Butch Jones has been on the job at Tennessee for 10 games.

Dear God.
My sentiments exactly! He is coming off a great recruiting class,has another one building and has mended many fences, especially former players and many high school coaches and some morons are talking about a leash, really?

My sentiments exactly! He is coming off a great recruiting class,has another one building and has mended many fences, especially former players and many high school coaches and some morons are talking about a leash, really?

Spot on brother.. Once the studs are here and then he doesn't produce..then something is wrong until then.. Wait till we have full cupboards..

So, this has gotten us how many wins?

Reactions: 1 person
If we end up with the same or worse record at the end of this season, then I'll be concerned. No reason to get worked up about it just yet.

I think we could end up with the same record and still be a markedly better team showing strong progress toward being able to compete with the big boys in our league again. I sure hope we finish with a minimum of 6 games this year, but I think we'd all do well to look beyond the final record when evaluating the coaching performance of Butch and staff. Jmo.

I think we could end up with the same record and still be a markedly better team showing strong progress toward being able to compete with the big boys in our league again. I sure hope we finish with a minimum of 6 games this year, but I think we'd all do well to look beyond the final record when evaluating the coaching performance of Butch and staff. Jmo.

6-6 at the minimum with no blowouts and I'd definitely look at the future as bright. I'm just afraid that another losing season is gonna cause some of our recruits to look around and I'd hate for that to happen. I'm thinking bowl or bust.

6-6 at the minimum with no blowouts and I'd definitely look at the future as bright. I'm just afraid that another losing season is gonna cause some of our recruits to look around and I'd hate for that to happen. I'm thinking bowl or bust.

Can't disagree with that.

So, this has gotten us how many wins?

Google is your friend...the fact that you don't know our record confounds me. :huh:...How can you present arguments and suppositions without this basic knowledge? :dunno: MY GOD MAN!!! :scare:

Reactions: 1 person
Google is your friend...the fact that you don't know our record confounds me. :huh:...How can you present arguments and suppositions without this basic knowledge? :dunno: MY GOD MAN!!! :scare:

Ha Ha. Good one but I think everyone knows I'm being sarcastic!

VN Store

Back